Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should We Change the Post Count requirement?

No, Keep the Old Post Count Requirement
Yes, Bump it to 30 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 40 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 50 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 60+ Posts

Author Topic: Admin Post Count Requirement  (Read 14914 times)

Offline Splenda

Re: Admin Post Count Requirement
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Increasing the required post count will only make people want to spam for it more, not less. If someone only needs 20 posts, they will most likely do real posts because it is not very high. However, if you increase it to say 50+ people will spam useless posts just to get their post count up.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »
Increasing the required post count will only make people want to spam for it more, not less. If someone only needs 20 posts, they will most likely do real posts because it is not very high. However, if you increase it to say 50+ people will spam useless posts just to get their post count up.
Which is easy to spot.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
I think the current system works. We know who spams posts and who actually tries to post reverent things on the forums. We all can see who posts one word responses to get a post count up, and who actually, you know goes a little further.

the rules are in black and white for everybody to see, if they do not read it, then why should they get admin.

This times infinity and beyond.

Putting such a high requirement in place is kinda not needed. I am not a heavy poster myself but very active on forums and I'm sure there are more people like me. The gold old saying, If it aint broken don't fix it.

Which is easy to spot.
It's already pretty easy to spot the real fish from the fish :p.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:49:34 PM by Multigrain »

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
What would you prefer, higher post count to weed out people who wont make it that far or endless admin apps? Really all it boils down to. I vote 60.

Offline Lone Mudkips

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
I say we should raise the post to either 30 or 40. Seems a bit more balanced and will take more time to get to know the newcomers who are joining CG. It wouldn't hurt to spend more time on the forums, though.

However, it can be a problem when those spammers try to get more posts to apply.

Quote from: Lone Grey
TTT is like a radio station, they always play the same damn thing every day.
In Memory of BladeTwin
I almost made it
Fuck you Scooby
From Organ Trail Stream

Ðeath.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

However, it can be a problem when those spammers try to get more posts to apply.

Can always -1 them for an admin application. I'm sure you're all aware of this, no?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »
If they post more we generate more money. Just saying.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:30 PM »
If they post more we generate more money. Just saying.
how do i change my vote to 60+? xD
there's an option underneath called "remove poll"

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »
I think everything would be fucking perfect (from past experience) if we had NO post requirement and simply required they were active members of the community both on the forum and server. That leaves the Head admins and CL's to decide whether or not they should be admin, which we do anyway. Really you don't need anything else other than the HA's approval to know if they're worthy or not. If shitty admins keep appearing, find a new HA. When I first got admin I rarely posted on the forums despite constant invitations from other members and already had a reputation as a decent admin before I started posting on the SKG forums. They needed the help so they gave me a chance on a dead server, and here I am today.

I wouldn't be here today and we would never of had a ZPS server if SKG had a post requirement.

You're going to have the same number of people, IF NOT MORE, interested in admin, and it eliminates the whole stupid fucking repeating issue of "Oh he's just spamming to get his 20 posts". NO FUCKING SHIT, WE TOLD THEM TO DO THAT. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT FUCKING SPAM IS, THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO POST YET; THEY'RE TRYING THEIR BESTS TO HELP OUT AND DO WHAT WE TOLD THEM TO DO. Then we nitpick and tell them to make more informational and useful posts; AS IF ANYTHING WE SAY IS USEFUL.

Again, simply remove the number from the post requirement and ask that applicants thoroughly read the forum+rules and spend a lot of time on the server; and that they have the personality for admin we're looking for. This way we can just deny and approve as we see fit; OR you can also appease me by changing it from a REQUIREMENT to a GUIDELINE.

I understand it helps show the dedication and it shows they really want to help us; but most people who've played on our servers simply want that also. They just don't want to go out of their way to try and write essays on the forums when they don't even know what to say; which usually results in us telling them they're necroing and spamming then they run away with their tails between their legs.

TLDR~
No post count means no spam(aside from the useless retarded bullshit WE ALL generate every day), and contrary to popular belief might actually increase the amount of traffic to the forum of people interested in admin. The daunting task of constantly posting on the forums deters many intellectual decent admin-worthy people who simply don't want to spend extra time outside the game from applying for admin, and they later may find themselves posting there constantly after they get admin like I did. Some people simply aren't as good at typing in english as they are speaking it and might just clutter the forum with confusing and strange posts.. I think caboose would be a fair example of that, Finnies pretty good at english to but at times I feel like his posts make no sense.

All we have to do is deny the apps we don't like, and approve ones we deem worthy. Why that's not complicated enough as it is, I don't know. SKG worked perfectly with no post requirement and I feel like we had more admins per server than CG ever has; and while people seemed to come and go more often that was simply a part of life. Not everyone who plays video games wants to dedicate their fucking existence to the group of the server they play on; they just want to play and help the servers they like out. I will always consider the post count a big flaw in CG and I doubt it will ever go away; so we'll never get to experience how things would work without it.

Everyone knows I hate it so might as well try to explain why more where it's on topic. I still agree they're somewhat useful I just feel like a gated community because of it, and feel we'd be more successful without it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:18:41 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Snak

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »
agreed 100%. Admin shouldent depend on how many hours u waste on the forums, not everyone likes posting alot, but browse all the time. Being active member is more then just how much shit u can post on a forum
Life's not a bitch! Life is a beauitful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she wouldent let u get that pussy, maybe she dident feel yall shared any similar interest, or maybe u jus an asshole that couldent sweet talk the princess.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 01:30:43 AM »
Pillz is right. Whether they spam their posts to 20 or not, it doesn't really prove if they will be active in the community. If they are active, they won't need a post count requirement. If they aren't, they'll be denied anyway.

If the goal of the requirement is to deter people who aren't going to commit to the community from applying, then it doesn't work. These people will usually apply anyway, with under 20 posts.

If the goal is to make admins commit, the odds are they'll be posting regardless of the requirement. No matter what the requirement is, the HA will always be able to deny them if they aren't posting enough. If we removed the post count requirement, we'd still be telling people to post more when they apply,  the HA would still deny them, but we'd eliminate the spamming.

The other option would be a high post count, something 100+ that forces to-be admins to commit. What would this accomplish though? If they need a hard requirement in order to make sure they commit they probably shouldn't be admin.

Posting more does give ad revenue, but that shouldn't be the point of the requirement. We shouldn't exploit people's desire for admin in order to get revenue.

So all in all it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. I now wish there was an option on the poll for removing it all together.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 01:33:12 AM »
The forums are an integral part of the community, it is literally the thing that binds all of our different clusters of players together. If you havent noticed, we for the most part are broken up into cliques of people who play games together on the regular, and hardly interact with each other outside of those groups except for when we play their cliques game. The forums however, is where we unify and interact with one another regardless of what games you play. To have a concrete and measurable way to judge their activity on the forums is the post count. Otherwise, they can play on that sole server all they want, but they aren't really reaching out to the community, they are reaching out to that little clique of that server. And as we can see via the poll, 4/5's of the people whom have voted have agreed that it needs to be increased.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 01:33:25 AM »
agreed 100%. Admin shouldent depend on how many hours u waste on the forums, not everyone likes posting alot, but browse all the time. Being active member is more then just how much shit u can post on a forum
It's not all of it, but it's a big part of it.

I would be unwilling to make it lower then 20 post, but at the same time understand the idea of not increasing it as well.

It's not how much time you waste but how much time you actually put into being a part of the community. Being an admin, (like I said) isn't just about being an admin... It's about being a community member. Our admins shouldn't hide out on their desired servers and neglect all other CG members. They represent CG and to do that correctly need to be involved in CG.

EDIT: Kwaurtz damnit stop beating me to my post XD
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:06 AM »
IMO it should be raised, but if it isnt then thats ok. If the person really cares, the will post more then 20 before applying, because it will look more professional and show more  commitment. I know i waited until about 40-50 on my first app.

With the spam issue, its like camping and trolling. It will always happen, and you cant really stop it without restricting everything.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »
I agree with Pillz, Replace "20 posts minimum" with "Be active on forums". It'll stop people from thinking they need to spam then leave and give us a bit more room to judge.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal