Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should We Change the Post Count requirement?

No, Keep the Old Post Count Requirement
Yes, Bump it to 30 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 40 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 50 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 60+ Posts

Author Topic: Admin Post Count Requirement  (Read 14913 times)

Offline Prince LunaShy

Admin Post Count Requirement
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »
I have noticed many admin apps recently in wich the poster has either had too few or just enough posts to apply - It is key that admins on our servers are in touch with the community, in my opinion. This would prevent just spamming your way to 20 posts.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Blackllama

Re: Admin Post Count Requirement
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
It's this thread again.

Leave it at 20. If head admins don't think they've been around long enough they can just deny them. There isn't any reason to raise the minimum.

Also, this should probably be in the community suggestions board.

EDIT: Fixed sentence structure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:44:54 PM by Blackllama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
I'm ok with raising it but I doubt if anyone else is.

Like you said It's important that admins keep in touch and have a strong connection with the community. This is something we want from our admins. Their not just admining server, their representing CG, and they can't very well do that if they aren't even active in one of CG's main areas.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »
I have a feeling they will always try to spam it. Unless it's like 150+, then they'll either commit or leave. That may be what we want. I could care less if it's changed, but I don't think it will solve anything.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »
We do get inundated with a lot of admin apps it seems, any way to make the admin app requirements more visible on the forums?  a lot of people ask about it and it can be obnoxious.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
We do get inundated with a lot of admin apps it seems, any way to make the admin app requirements more visible on the forums?  a lot of people ask about it and it can be obnoxious.
If someone can't scroll down to the admin applications section and read the stickied thread, I don't think they're cut out for admin.

Ðeath.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
I assume we all get our opinions here, non? Anyway, IF, and I mean it as in only IF you find it absolutely necessary, 60+ Would show commitment to staying around; but you shouldn't be measuring someones "Forum Activity" by the amount of posts they have/hours they have tracked. I'm sure lots of us keep open the forums, lots of us blaze through the topics in mere minutes, and we have varied numbers of posters. Pillz, with his unbelievable (Well, believable,) 2k+ posts, and then there are others with their small share (I like to think my humble 200 is barely much.) of posts. When I first came onto the forum, I barely posted, because I had not much to say about anything, no opinions, etc.

tldr;
Consider: Thought behind Posts, Time spent on forums, Time spent in game, etc.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
20 is too low, it's like

"Hey I can spam real quick to get to 20"

When they see, say 50 (which is what I voted for), then they realize

"Hey I guess I'm going to have to take some time everyday on these forums during the weeks I play to reach the requirements for admin"

AKA the 4 week, 7.5 hours a week rule which is prior to your admin app, you can easily get 50 posts in a month done. That's about 1.7 posts a day..

Problem is, not many people really abide by the playing time requirement, so then you start talking 5 posts a day or something lol
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
I think the current system works. We know who spams posts and who actually tries to post reverent things on the forums. We all can see who posts one word responses to get a post count up, and who actually, you know goes a little further.

the rules are in black and white for everybody to see, if they do not read it, then why should they get admin.

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tyber

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
I assume we all get our opinions here, non? Anyway, IF, and I mean it as in only IF you find it absolutely necessary, 60+ Would show commitment to staying around; but you shouldn't be measuring someones "Forum Activity" by the amount of posts they have/hours they have tracked. I'm sure lots of us keep open the forums, lots of us blaze through the topics in mere minutes, and we have varied numbers of posters. Pillz, with his unbelievable (Well, believable,) 2k+ posts, and then there are others with their small share (I like to think my humble 200 is barely much.) of posts. When I first came onto the forum, I barely posted, because I had not much to say about anything, no opinions, etc.

tldr;
Consider: Thought behind Posts, Time spent on forums, Time spent in game, etc.
So much dis. We act as if posts on the forum is where all the forum activity is, I've on several occasions been up late at night bored looking at some threads on the froums.

But on the other hand, there really aren't many posts you COULDN'T add something to. So, as long as you're active, getting 60+ posts really isn't all that hard.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »
As being one of those people with low post count before applying, I actually think it needs to be 30 posts. It's already easy to detect who posts spam and who posts relevant info. After looking at the reasoning behind it, "I was like oh I get it" so I kept checking the forums and eventually got 50 post by the time of acceptance legitimately. You get to look around the community that you otherwise would be restricted just by playing the server. It would be a sad day, when admins don't know who the community leaders are.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »
As I've said before and been quoted on...

"The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post."
And although this quote is misconstrued many times, What I basically meant by it is that for ConjointGaming, to be a community we need to COMMUNE! And for a community of this size to actively communicate with it's many members in a efficient fashion you need to use a forum. Without this you're not really being a strong solid member of the community.

That's why the forum is important among other reasons which I bring up in the "Post Count Rule Explained" thread.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
20 is too low, it's like

"Hey I can spam real quick to get to 20"

When they see, say 50 (which is what I voted for), then they realize

Problem is, not many people really abide by the playing time requirement, so then you start talking 5 posts a day or something lol

That's what I did originally and then I became addicted to the forums. Now I went from 20-odd posts to 2200 (not counting that my previous account was DELETED when the forum transition and account clean happened)

Spammed the shit out to 20 posts, applied for admin, got it. Then I spent 600 hours on GMod, and probably the same on the forums.

I believe it should be raised a tad to allow new admins appreciate the forums.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
I think forum activity should be a requirement for having admin and encouraged ,but I don't agree with the way its currently done. The post count rule gives people a specific goal they have to reach which causes spamming and furthermore HAs can go around this requirement so whats the point. Personally I think peoples forum activity should be judged the same way as server activity and by multiple factors like rule violations, quality of posts, maturity etc.

As for increasing the requirement there are a lot of people(aka me) that don't really post on forums and just read them for the most part. Also I don't really see any upside to increasing the limit from what it currently is, if you aren't fit for admin you aren't going to be voted in nor are you going to pass the HA's inspection.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
I don't agree completely with the post goal, but it IS a starting point.

I think we can encourage more people from the servers to join the forums.

Imagine how many regulars there are on TTT and the other servers who have never looked at the forums besides the MOTD when you join, and how everyone seems to know them when you are curious and ask an admin on that server that knows them. I feel like we are missing out on making new friends and experiences with these regulars who never come on the forums.

We should encourage people to join the servers and be active, and actually want to join a community instead of just join the community of the single server they play on.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal