Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tyber/Mr. The Doctor  (Read 10262 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Tyber/Mr. The Doctor
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »
Alright I checked the logs, this is what I see:

1) The death caused by Camper. The logs as you pointed out don't show the whole picture, and it must have been glitched cause both Leo and Doctor say you did not do it intentionally

2) Camper: Sort of spam but I have seen worse and it should have been a gag to stop, not a ban. I also disagree with your name choice, we all know what it means so you best not be playing on the server with that name.

3) Tyber: You sir are not telling the truth. There were not multiple warnings, there was one in chat (mic is another story, please ). You did not follow proper procedures, which is to gag, then warn about a ban, then the actual ban. You also banned him for spam and admin disrespect, not just spam like you claim.

4) Admins: Guys, you need to ask people why they rdmed. This slay/ban first, ask questions later is not how we do business. Use your heads please, you can tell when somebody is intentionally rdming, and when somebody has accidentally rdmed. I will blame myself for some of this, as I feel we really need a training program at this point, and I have not put much time into TTT cause of RL. Also saying terrible admins is not disrespect unless its repeated/spammed.

Lets see what Tower and Inject have to say about this.
Gagging "since admin chat is a command" doesn't stop his ability to use it. And like I said, the admin disrespect added no time to the ban, I just thought I needed to add it.

Except it wasn't disrespect, and even then, its STILL a violation of protocol on your behalf. You don't ban for spam issues, and Old crow looked over the logs/Yankee's picture doesn't show at any point where you muted or gagged him.
Spam admin chat: Warning then ban for 1 hour.

Its in the punishment standards.

And thats what I read. I warned, I was actually gonna stop untill that disrespect, that (to me) showed clear spam.

Nowhere in the punishment standards does it say to gag before the warn/ban.

Sorry looking at regular rules, as I forgot you can't block out admin chat.

Point is I need to know more about was there a warning over mic, cause one half hearted attempt in chat, for something that really isn't spam, is too far for a ban, even an hour one.

again, calling over chat terrible admins once, isn't disrespectful. twice, or three times and then I can see it but once, not really. I believe the rule about admin disrespect needs to be changed, because its much too broad right now.

@Camper: Sorry, but you and me and everybodies mom knows what it means. Racism is racism and it will not be tolerated.
I'm sure I did, as I really can't see myself giving him one warning then sitting and waiting until he typed all of that and not warn again.

And kwuartz I answered him, and since I was afk I didn't know anything of the ban, and doctor wasn't answering him it looked like spam.

I answered why he was slain, he kept on about it, doctor, who slayed him, wasn't responding to him, this made me feel like it was said and done, so he was spamming.

Again, I'm sure I warned again over mic ( scratch that, almost positive ) he then said a couple more things then said "horrible admin".

Old crow has access to all of the logs including chat, so he already said it wasn't spam, which it wasn't.

Offline Tyber

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 04:28:38 AM »
Ok, after reading all this, I believe I did falsely ban.

I read the punishment standards many times, and was under the impression that a warning was sufficient enough for an hour ban.

I really did believe you we're spamming, and I apologize for the ban.

I hope you can forgive me.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 04:28:38 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »
I don't understand why people are saying telling the admins they are terrible isn't disrespect.

It is offensive and will only antagonize them. Admin chat is not a place to insult people.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:26 AM »
I don't understand why people are saying telling the admins they are terrible isn't disrespect.

It is offensive and will only antagonize them. Admin chat is not a place to insult people.

That's because it isn't. It's constructive criticism at most. You shouldn't be bothered by it if you know it's not true. I got called a bad admin regularly when I was still one for slaying/banning people, I'm pretty sure most admins still do.
Cookies go here?

Offline Tyber

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 04:38:07 AM »

That's because it isn't. It's constructive criticism at most. You shouldn't be bothered by it if you know it's not true. I got called a bad admin regularly when I was still one for slaying/banning people, I'm pretty sure most admins still do.
Again, I am sorry.

But no, there's nothing constructive about "horrible admin".

Where in there is anything constructive?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:40:38 AM by Tyber »

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 04:41:07 AM »
Ok, after reading all this, I believe I did falsely ban.

I read the punishment standards many times, and was under the impression that a warning was sufficient enough for an hour ban.

I really did believe you we're spamming, and I apologize for the ban.

I hope you can forgive me.

Honestly? I don't care about the ban. I care about people who have no clue on how to manage things and/or who quickly jumping to conclusion without looking at the circustances first being given adminship. Similar situations have occured to me, it now has happened to you and will continue on occuring on rookies or even experienced admins because they're never really trained, if at all.

I can't really believe you after having you lie in at least half of your posts, but I GUESS you didn't mean it. Like I've said, I was an admin once on this same community and similar things happened to me. Fortunately I had admins to help me. I suggest you either resign or look for more experienced admins to shape you up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:44:03 AM by CamperStrike »
Cookies go here?

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 04:43:50 AM »

Again, I am sorry.

But no, there's nothing constructive about "horrible admin".

Where in there is anything constructive?

From my point of view at that time, you were an horrible admin. You could've: a- dismissed it and banned me if I kept on calling you one since THEN it would be spam or b- try to consider if there's anything wrong with you as an admin and try to get better.

Oops, I forgot you can lock your own threads.

I'll leave this thread open for further discussion until tomorrow if no one locks it (though I don't think there's anything left to discuss).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:46:00 AM by CamperStrike »
Cookies go here?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 04:55:54 AM »
I am going to lock this for now until Tower has the time to look at it.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »
This is how this will be solved.

Doctor -> Good on you for apologizing when you realized you'd made a mistake. We're all human, I've made my fair share.

Camper -> Be happy I do give you a longer ban for that name. Racism is not allowed and you know that. As a former admin I'd expect you to show some respect and when the admins say "Stop using admin chat" do so and talk to in between rounds. You ever come into the server with a name like that again I'll personally perma-ban you from CG servers. Saying "Terrible admin" is not constructive criticism, because constructive criticism means you told them what should be improved. That was a general insult.

Tyber -> You are way to harsh with "admin chat spam". You need to develop thick skin as you will be called a lot worse for enforcing the rules. You are on thin ice. Ask senior admins before you ban for chat spam from now on. You behavior was also border-line disrespectful

For Reference I bolded the things that should not have been said:
Name of player reporting abuse: Camper Strike (named Big Nicked Digger at that specific moment)

So I opened up the admin chat with @ and asked "why did I get slain?". A few 8 seconds or so passed and no replies, so I went ahead and typed "????" (exactly like this). I dunno which admin it was and frankly I don't care said "stop spamming the admin chat". Then The Doctor said he had slain me for rdming the Detective on the last map. I was quite confused but then I remembered what had happened and CALMLY and IN ONE SINGLE MESSAGE explained to the admin on the admin chat: "what happened was this and that I gave the guy the last touch with my crowbar when I pushed him so it might've showed up as if I had killed him (which by the way never happened to anyone when I was an admin, but I digress)". Then AGAIN another admin said "stop spamming the admin chat". I CALMLY and RESPECTFULLY went in the admin chat and said "I was never asked why I had supposedly rdmed". Then AGAIN someone went (obviously trying to piss me off, unless whichever admin did it suffered from severe retardation) and said on the "@all" chat, "stop spamming". Then by that point was pissed and said -EXACTLY- like this on the admin chat: "terrible admin". Then BAM, banned for one hour for "admin disrespecting".

EDIT: Ignore this.

Also, on a side note, nice job being a bunch of sheeple and siding with him whichever other admins were on the server at the time without even knowning what was going on. Clearly shows how well prepared CG's TTT admins are.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal