Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: sv_realistic on or off?  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

sv_realistic on or off?
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »
What do you guys think
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Guvnuh

Re: sv_realistic on or off?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:11 AM »
Realism Mode

This is an optional mode that server admins can switch on or off. By switching sv_realism to 1, the zombies can now be taken out with just one headshot. However, body shots won't affect them at all. In addition, the checkpoint spawning system is switched off. This means you have to be extremely careful with your one sole life!

On.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:11 AM »

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »
Realism Mode

This is an optional mode that server admins can switch on or off. By switching sv_realism to 1, the zombies can now be taken out with just one headshot. However, body shots won't affect them at all. In addition, the checkpoint spawning system is switched off. This means you have to be extremely careful with your one sole life!

On.

i didnt realise you could play babby easy mode, why would it EVER be off?

Offline oobla37

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
on

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
Realism Mode

On.
i didnt realise you could play babby easy mode, why would it EVER be off?
I don't think you realize what it changes.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline oobla37

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »

Me and my friends always have our server with realistic. It's a lot harder, but actually requires teamwork.

Let me list the results of what is actually changed
-No checkpoints = knowing that you have to restart the ENTIRE map when only a couple of our teamates fall.
-Headshots only = unless you hit the head EVERY time, you will eventually be infected when using a gun because you did a 0 damage body shot.

This means it becomes more realistic (duh) and thus, teamwork is a must, your entire team must work together unless you feel like playing the same map OVER and OVER again.

By kwuartz

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
Keep it on, much more fun in my opinion.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
On the rare occasion I actually play NMRIH, I generally have more fun with it on.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

Me and my friends always have our server with realistic. It's a lot harder, but actually requires teamwork.

Let me list the results of what is actually changed
-No checkpoints = knowing that you have to restart the ENTIRE map when only a couple of our teamates fall.
-Headshots only = unless you hit the head EVERY time, you will eventually be infected when using a gun because you did a 0 damage body shot.

This means it becomes more realistic (duh) and thus, teamwork is a must, your entire team must work together unless you feel like playing the same map OVER and OVER again.
Who the hell doesn't head shot? I usually always 1 hit zombies. And in all honestly, realism mode is easier. I have a gun that I need to cap the zombie 3 times in the head with on normal, in realism mode 1 shot to head hes dead. So in my opinion realism is easier. More realistic? I gusse but still easier, also I'm not a fan of the no check point thing. The maps are pretty long and players will leave if they can't play soon.

Other then that, I'm a fan.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »

Who the hell doesn't head shot? I usually always 1 hit zombies. And in all honestly, realism mode is easier. I have a gun that I need to cap the zombie 3 times in the head with on normal, in realism mode 1 shot to head hes dead. So in my opinion realism is easier. More realistic? I gusse but still easier, also I'm not a fan of the no check point thing. The maps are pretty long and players will leave if they can't play soon.

Other then that, I'm a fan.

HEY MAN my aim is god awful. It's a miracle I can get any number of kills on ttt....

By kwuartz

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Well this explains a lot. I didn't understand why I had hit a zombie and shot it 7 times before it finally died, makes sense to go for the head but it'd be nice if body melee hits did some damage. Oh well, at least now I know.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »
Well this explains a lot. I didn't understand why I had hit a zombie and shot it 7 times before it finally died, makes sense to go for the head but it'd be nice if body melee hits did some damage. Oh well, at least now I know.
yeah,

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:56 AM »
It'd be nice to have one server with it on and the other with it off :D

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »
It'd be nice to have one server with it on and the other with it off :D
Yeah that could possibly happen.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal