Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Neltharion Abuse  (Read 6024 times)

Offline holydeath98

Re: Neltharion Abuse
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »
in the future ALWAYS give warnings using admin chat, at least for me it is easier to notice the red text over someone trying to yell over everyone else's yelling. Also it gives proof of a warning so threads like this don't come up, threads like this being "i warned them verbally " vs "i got no warning"
I don't know who you are or what you want. I don't have a lot of money but what i do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting useless shit on the forums I will not look for you I will not pursue you. But if you continue I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

For #2
I don't remember shouting a sentence. But if I did shout a sentence, why would it considered be mic spamming? I wasn't intentionally trying to start something or hear anyone get bothered about it. Like I said, none of the other admins had a problem or mention anything about my mic talk.

For #3
When the mutes kicked in, I stayed out of the way and never trolled anyone. When I got killed, I laughed because I was having fun. Until you muted me and never gave me a warning about it.

For #5
The admins usually warn the players to cut the mic spam. If they continue, they get muted. I was with them throughout the months and they got the server under control until they leave the server. I can assure you, some of them know what they are doing. I've seen them.

I'll let you go on #1 and #4, but I was minding my own business until YOU muted me for that kind of excuse on me.
Shouting on the mic is definetly micspam. #3 does not affect you, you are not a squeaker. As for 5, I also see them do this, that is their choice, it is not stated that a warning MUST be given.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

Offline (=CG=) Scooby

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
1. I gave verbal warnings to scooby and the "Lolololol" people over mic. They continued and were muted.
2. Lone grey was shouting a sentence, not just a mere laugh, and I muted him because of that.
3. I have never muted someone just because they are young, there are many mature people with low voices, I mute the ones that are trolls, and I give them warning beforehand.
4. Not sure if it was chrono or dolan, but one was using a high pitched voice to annoy on purpose, they other and  charizard persisted the Lolling after I warned them not too.
5. If you don't punish for micspam, it will only breed more, and that is not something I want to see happen to this server. I have seen other servers fall this way and have no desire to see the same come to conjoint.

@1 after you said stop saying lololol i did then charizard did it and he was muted i never did it again just pointing this out.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
Scooby, you were muted for whistling, not loling on the mic.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
Verbally warning people is useless when people are talking at the same time. People can't hear you when other people are talking at the same time.
Therefore, verbally warning people is useless when nobody can hear you. And yeah, at the time of all this, there were a lot of people using their microphones.

Wait, did you seriously mute them with those "warnings" as justification? I didn't even know you warned them at all (except after they were muted, but like I said earlier, I don't think that counts)
Also, I find it weird that you decided to "warn" them verbally BEFORE you mute them, then use the admin chat AFTER you mute them.

might as well just whisper into your mic and expect everyone to listen
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:51:02 PM by JohnCyKlopZ »
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Nelth

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
I warned in between the spammers when I warned them, they should have been able to hear loud and clear. And I didn't use admin chat afterwards, that was a different admin.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:51:27 PM by Nelth »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
The warnings really aren't the issue, it is whether or not what people were doing is actually classified as mic spam.

While I do agree text is all around safer, a vocal warning then mute is fine. If people are loud to the point where they cannot hear the vocal warning then tough luck, because as said before mic spam warnings aren't required.

If someone is being loud enough to the point where they can't hear warnings they probably deserve to be muted anyway, but the noise can also be allotted to other people talking at the same time.

It sounds like a combination of Nelth being too harsh on mutes and some communication issues.

Offline otterfiend

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »
Having no experience with what happened, I can only offer insight through means other than witness account. This doesn't seem to be the first time Nelth has had an issue with players: http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=7893.0

Looking at the punishment standards for TTT, the issue in this link seems to be a wrongful ruling. As listed for admin disrespect, he is not required to warn for gag/mute for such an offense, and the hour ban was WAY less than the day ban suggested for admin chat abuse.

Now, regarding THIS issue:
It looks like, from my point of view, that this was either a misunderstanding, or an admin having a serious problem. As to which, I am not able to say.

At any rate, even if Nelth is found to be at fault, I would push for no punishment as of right now. In the original thread, the following was posted by towersheep:
Nelth, I looked in the logs and you never gave him warning. No mute nor gag either. If you do this again you will face suspension or possibly admin removal. I'm not going to take any action now as we are used to the MOTD being our warning and it is currently buggy.

That previous "offense" is complete crap and should not push Nelth into a corner right now.

In the future, I suggest someone to amend the TTT Punishment Standards to include a CHAT warning for singing/whistling/etc. This would make for a less debatable standard, and an easier one for patrons to follow when they get warned. It may be a little more work for the admins, but it would pay off.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
The thing is that here we have multiple people vouching for this, and half of us werent even part of the punishment. If someone isn't even being punished and is speaking up against it because they were there for part of it, or for the full duration, there is an obvious problem.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
The thing is that here we have multiple people vouching for this, and half of us werent even part of the punishment. If someone isn't even being punished and is speaking up against it because they were there for part of it, or for the full duration, there is an obvious problem.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »
To be clear, I was misinformed. Nelth never had his admin suspended before.

Talked to tower, He doesn't seem to think any abuse went on, so post some more stuff before this gets solved if you'd like. Perhaps the tables will turn.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »
48 hours for users to respond to this thread before lock.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
It is not locked......... just saying...
This is a quick way to loose admin. You know the rules and should know that a PM would have worked just as well.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal