Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone getting a WiiU?  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Anyone getting a WiiU?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »
I like the way it works but I won't buy it, i'm not a big fan of zelda and stuff but I do like Mario games.  But now I stopped playing on nintendo consoles. Back then I used to play with an Atari playin mario bros, then a nintendo 64 finally a gamecube gamecube. But I never bought the wii, since it's all the same just movement recognition included and new menus. It would be cooler if they integrated this system to Pc or other consoles tough.

What? Mario for Atari? Gamecube Gamecube? The Wii's the same as Gamecube Gamecube with movement recognition and new menus?

Pillz read it again, it's not what I meant, I said the gamecube looks like the wii, only difference is there is a bit more specs and there are movement sensors build in. And yes Atari had mario...

I never saw this, and the Gamecube is a cube. The Wii is a rectangular prism silly. The differences vary from the disk size, the graphics capabilities, internal memory, internet connection, and other things that made the Wii win the console war where the gamecube failed.

I never knew they made an Atari version of the Mario Bros.; I was thinking Super Mario Bros which was only for NES so I apologize. It wasn't originally released for Atari, it was remade for it but yes your still right.

ANYWHO; GOT MY NEW WiiU TODAY. LOOKS SO SEXY. Only dissapointment so far is that they use the same "Miis" which I always thought could use some more imagination and detail but they keep it simple so they can do whatever they want with them in games; but otherwise ITS SO DAMN SEXY.

Get this, the WiiU-pad works as my TV remote now. You can set it up so you can control your volume, input, power and even Cable remote; I was changing the channel and volume with my Wiipad. Oooh it's so sexy.

The system update took a hour and half though, which was kind of annoying but after looking at footage of BlackOps2 for WiiU and ZombiU; I can't wait to get my hands on them. They look amazing and you can change your Class in CoD without even pausing the game, WOOHOO.

WiiU Master race!
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
There are no games for it that I really give a crap about, and I gave Nintendo a chance with the Wii and they failed.  Yes their Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy etc were awesome, but aside from De Blob there were no 3rd party games worth a damn on it.  The only thing they can do to get me to buy a WiiU would be if they came out with a Metroid better than the Metroid prime series (possible, but unlikely after the abortion that was Other M) and a Zelda better than Skyward Sword (nooooo way this game was the Ocarina of Time of the modern generation of games)

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Skyward Sword was super bad in my opinion. Fuck glitchy motion controls.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »
There are no games for it that I really give a crap about, and I gave Nintendo a chance with the Wii and they failed.  Yes their Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy etc were awesome, but aside from De Blob there were no 3rd party games worth a damn on it.  The only thing they can do to get me to buy a WiiU would be if they came out with a Metroid better than the Metroid prime series (possible, but unlikely after the abortion that was Other M) and a Zelda better than Skyward Sword (nooooo way this game was the Ocarina of Time of the modern generation of games)

cough cough no more heros, okima, mad world, house of the dead overkill, monster hunter, cough.

true no where near as many third party games, but there were some gems. Problem was they got buried by massive amounts of shoveware.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »
Mad World was really really easy and boring when I played a friends copy, I don't like the Monster Hunter series, Okami existed on the PS2 so I wasn't gonna buy it again, it was just a port. 

House of the Dead was good I forgot about that one.

Also Corey maybe you had a fail controller for Skyward Sword?  Cause it worked perfect for me and I was sitting on my couch most of the time.  I used the wii motion plus controller that came with the game and it played better than anything I'd ever played on the wii.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
Mad World was really really easy and boring when I played a friends copy, I don't like the Monster Hunter series, Okami existed on the PS2 so I wasn't gonna buy it again, it was just a port. 

Also Corey maybe you had a fail controller for Skyward Sword?  Cause it worked perfect for me and I was sitting on my couch most of the time.  I used the wii motion plus controller that came with the game and it played better than anything I'd ever played on the wii.

The controller was motion plus, I just hate motion controls when it doesn't do what I want it to do.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 09:32:06 PM »

The controller was motion plus, I just hate motion controls when it doesn't do what I want it to do.

I'll have to agree with Corey; but I still managed to enjoy some of Skyward Sword. Deku Babas and Skullutas made me rage quite a bit and I felt like the extensive collection puzzles using the dopplegangerthinger was retarded but ehh. It still looked pretty and entertained me for a bit.

Also, Chris; there AREN'T any games yet. The WiiU shelf in Gamestop is 8 game cases wide and has 6 shelves, lol.

Games I want so far for WiiU:
Super Mario Bros. WiiU
ZombiU
Black Ops 2
Super Smash Bros WiiU (When it comes out)
Pikman3(When it comes out)
Legend of Zelda (When it comes out)
WiiU Warioware game (When it comes out)

Here's the Wiki list of known WiiU titles; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

The game NintendoLand that came with the Deluxe kit is pretty cool too; it's like 10-12 minigames with 1-8 levels to play, and the game changes depending on how many people are playing and with which controllers. For example the Legend of Zelda game has the Wii-pad holder shooting a bow and arrow as the round progresses, and the player with the Wii-mote uses a sword and shield; and you have to kill chuchus, moblins and more. It's pretty fun and it looks perty; it'll hold me over till we can  buy the real Mario I suppose.

After ZombiU and Mario we'd be out 120$ so we might just call it a day at that. :l Fucking over priced games.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:41:46 PM by Pillz »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

I'll have to agree with Corey; but I still managed to enjoy some of Skyward Sword. Deku Babas and Skullutas made me rage quite a bit and I felt like the extensive collection puzzles using the dopplegangerthinger was retarded but ehh. It still looked pretty and entertained me for a bit.

Also, Chris; there AREN'T any games yet. The WiiU shelf in Gamestop is 8 game cases wide and has 6 shelves, lol.

Games I want so far for WiiU:

Super Mario Bros. WiiU
ZombiU
Black Ops 2
Super Smash Bros WiiU (When it comes out)
Pikman3(When it comes out)
Legend of Zelda (When it comes out)
WiiU Warioware game (When it comes out)

Then whatever else comes out that I decide I MUST buy. I never played Assassains Creed or Arkham City so I might buy those for the WiiU for giggles and shit. Really though 3-4 games would be enough money spent IMO; the family will probably end up buying all sorts of stupid minigame-games for it so eh.

After ZombiU and Mario we'd be out 120$ so we might just call it a day at that. :l Fucking over priced games.

Pikmin is the bomb.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Christovski

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
My pikmin gamecube game won't work on my Wii and it makes me sad that I can't play it.

Rather, I can play it, but the saves corrupt every time I load the game the next time to keep playing.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 01:22:09 PM »
I'll getting one for Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Christovski

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »
Bayonetta on Nintendo?  -brain explodes-  No sense, no sense is made!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »

Ninja Gaiden and Black Ops 2 also make no sense but it's happening!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:50 AM »
Well I'm interested in none of those (battlefield and CoD are like my least favorite games generic FPS blech) maybe a friend of mine will get one so I can play bayonetta but thats the only thing I would care about on the WiiiU right now.  Also this must be a record for the fewest games available at a console launch

Offline Boxman

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 10:42:42 AM »
I like the way it works but I won't buy it, i'm not a big fan of zelda and stuff but I do like Mario games.  But now I stopped playing on nintendo consoles. Back then I used to play with an Atari playin mario bros, then a nintendo 64 finally a gamecube gamecube. But I never bought the wii, since it's all the same just movement recognition included and new menus. It would be cooler if they integrated this system to Pc or other consoles tough.

What? Mario for Atari? Gamecube Gamecube? The Wii's the same as Gamecube Gamecube with movement recognition and new menus?

Pillz read it again, it's not what I meant, I said the gamecube looks like the wii, only difference is there is a bit more specs and there are movement sensors build in. And yes Atari had mario...

Dat atari mario clone

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »

It makes like...a little bit more sense after you know what happened.

Platinum got pissed with sega and moved off, apparently signing something with nintendo.

Sega is left with the Bayonetta franchise, but no one they trust to make it (they saw what happened to DMC), so they just sell it, and nintendo buys it.

Now Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.
ha ha I made a signature

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal