Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons/Tabletop Game Thread!  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Dungeons and Dragons/Tabletop Game Thread!
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
For everything board game, Dungeons and Dragons, or any other tabletop games there are out there!

I made this, because I want to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons with friends soon. I have wanted to play the game for a long time, but never knew how to. Then, the Internet happened and I remembered that longing a few weeks ago.

I feel making that board is a pretty big accomplishment, especially since I have a bunch of AP World History and Latin homework that I have neglected for this whole week.

I took a regular poster board, and made grid lines all across it. They are all about 1x1 inch.
Then, I took an almost clear garbage bag and taped it on. Now, it works just like a dry erase board.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:34:08 PM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Dante

Re: Dungeons and Dragons/Tabletop Game Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
If you are going to play DnD 3rd\3.5 or 4th/4.5 irl, i recommend getting a washable play mat. They are generally $15-20 you can use a sharpie to draw your dungeon and then wash it away with just a rag and some water, as long as you don't use permanent marker/sharpie or leave it on there for over a day, it can last years. Me and my group still use our original mat and we have had it since 3.5 came out.

Edit: Also if my memory serves, medium sized bases are a little more than an inch (1.5inch?) and Larges are X4 that. When i get home ill measure my homemade/edited Necromancer/snaketounge cultist.

Edit2: I wish we had a P&P(pen and paper) rpg board.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:02:55 AM by DoomBringerDANTE »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
washable play mat

is that not the function of what I made? or is it just a dry erase board that looks fancy?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:50:49 AM »
washable play mat

is that not the function of what I made? or is it just a dry erase board that looks fancy?
It's the same thing, although the mat is probably a lot sturdier.

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »
washable play mat

It's the same thing, although the mat is probably a lot sturdier.
The mat isnt dry erase, and it tends to last longer then homemade stuff. Though if your careful homemade stuff can last just as long.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »
If you like 3.5, check out Pathfinder.  IMO it is much more fun to play as they cleaned up a lot of messy rules and over-complications.  Plus it is compatible with lots of stuff from 3.5 so you can use the supplementary books from there not just the Pathfinder stuff. 

Pathfinder does have a kind of stupid "combat maneuver" system which is still abit over complicated, that we just replace with opposed attack rolls.

Never liked anything I saw in 4th edition, I usually play 3.5, Pathfinder, or D20 modern with all its variations.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Dante

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
If you like 3.5, check out Pathfinder.  IMO it is much more fun to play as they cleaned up a lot of messy rules and over-complications.  Plus it is compatible with lots of stuff from 3.5 so you can use the supplementary books from there not just the Pathfinder stuff. 

Pathfinder does have a kind of stupid "combat maneuver" system which is still abit over complicated, that we just replace with opposed attack rolls.

Never liked anything I saw in 4th edition, I usually play 3.5, Pathfinder, or D20 modern with all its variations.
4.0 Is basicly w.o.w table top. Also pro tip: if you have access to teleport make sure you arnt under a dead horse, it counts for teleports weight limit.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
I personally play a lot of Gurps (4th edition, 3rd edition is terrible), Exalted, and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader. I've been looking into CoC d20 and pathfinder as well.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
I personally play a lot of Gurps (4th edition, 3rd edition is terrible), Exalted, and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader. I've been looking into CoC d20 and pathfinder as well.
I have been thinking of getting Exalted, but i always hear that you are rolling 20x as many dice as old world of darkness and 10x as many as Scion. Is that true? Also my Hunter: The reckoning and Clan Book: Malkavian, advertised it as a prequel to owod is it still a prequel or did they through that out the window during production?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
What I used to do, way back in the day, was use graph paper.  Then graduated to a dry erase board, laid flat on the table.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 01:16:23 PM »
I have been thinking of getting Exalted, but i always hear that you are rolling 20x as many dice as old world of darkness and 10x as many as Scion. Is that true? Also my Hunter: The reckoning and Clan Book: Malkavian, advertised it as a prequel to owod is it still a prequel or did they through that out the window during production?

For core rules?

yep, by the time your exalt is level 10 you'll be bringing buckets of d6's to the table. That's why most people (and by that I mean literally almost all) use heavy modifications of the rules, or at the very least use digital dice rollers.

I don't know about your other question.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »

You guys jealous? Don't be. I can send these to you if you want  ;D.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
I just use a gridded dry erase board......but I do have quite a few warhammer scene pieces and other such poppycock that I would love to use some time.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Christovski

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
You guys jealous? Don't be. I can send these to you if you want  ;D.

I might be missing one or two but pretty much got all thems.  My friend whose house we play at has pretty much all the books for 3.5, Pathfinder, and D20 so we have them all in pdf as well.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

I have been trying to make a map for a world to have a campaign in, like this.

It's so hard to make a world look believable like this.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal