Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homestuck video game is officially happening  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Blackllama

Homestuck video game is officially happening
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:21 PM »
For those who don't know, Andrew Hussie (Creator of homestuck) started a kickstarter to have his marvelous web comic made into a video game.  It reached its goal in a matter of days.  The goal was 700k, it's currently at 800k, and that number is only going up. 

Not really sure what to expect, but if the game is actually good and gets popular, I'm going to laugh at all the people who haven't actually read the comic.

This should be interesting.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Re: Homestuck video game is officially happening
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »
For those who don't know, Andrew Hussie (Creator of homestuck) started a kickstarter to have his marvelous web comic made into a video game.  It reached its goal in a matter of days.  The goal was 700k, it's currently at 800k, and that number is only going up. 

Not really sure what to expect, but if the game is actually good and gets popular, I'm going to laugh at all the people who haven't actually read the comic.

This should be interesting.
So that WAS Homestuck on your desktop. Wierd.

Also there is no reason to laugh at someone who never read homestuck, i know i'm not going to go through those 10,000+ Comic pages just so i understand a video game more.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:11 AM »
it's like 5,500 or something, not that many.

But yeah, a handful of the pages are actually epic flash animations and interactive games, the farther you read the better all the art and flashes get.

I'm not sure if the video game will be telling the story of the comic or not, but I don't think it will do as good a job.  It should be very interesting to see how a comic of this style turns into a video game.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
it's like 5,500 or something, not that many.

But yeah, a handful of the pages are actually epic flash animations and interactive games, the farther you read the better all the art and flashes get.

I'm not sure if the video game will be telling the story of the comic or not, but I don't think it will do as good a job.  It should be very interesting to see how a comic of this style turns into a video game.
My friend is a big fan of homestuck, she kept me updated on a lot, the only part of the story i've actually read myself is after Gamzee runs out of Sopor and goes on his rampage.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »
This reminds me of TWD...you know that comic that no one knows about but loves the TV show.

Although web comics are 10 x more saturated then actual comics. I used to read Ctrl-Alt-Del religiously. I might check this HS stuff out.

After the first page I am excited that we share the same birthday -_-
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:29:09 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »
Good, read it.  I strongly encourage it.  Get through act 1 and then judge it.

Ðeath.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »
I hear for a *handsome* fee of about $10,000, you can get your own character in it. $100,000 and it'll live past the first screen. Seems like it'll be interesting.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
$1,000,000 and it'll be the most important character in homestuck

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
I wish somebody would actually do it just to fuck up whatever he was planning on doing with the game.

Ðeath.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »
I wish somebody would actually do it just to fuck up whatever he was planning on doing with the game.
This. I think he would seriously make it happen too. $1 billion and he says thank you for your generous donation on any social platform.

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »
Has anyone brought up that one fan donated $10k to have his OC inserted in the comic for a few panels just to get killed off? It's his money and all, but really?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »
Has anyone brought up that one fan donated $10k to have his OC inserted in the comic for a few panels just to get killed off? It's his money and all, but really?

Some people just have money to waste, don't know why they don't give it to a worthy cause (Me) and be proud knowing they did something worthwhile (And got sucked off for doing it WAIT WHAT)
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Ðeath.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »

I hope Hussie is generous and keeps him alive for what would be equal to "half an act".

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »

I hope Hussie is generous and keeps him alive for what would be equal to "half an act".
I'd give it ten panels tops.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal