Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZPS Server Wtf?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Multigrain

ZPS Server Wtf?
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »
@ Like 12:27 Eastern like half of people on server all "Timed out" at same time. Experiencing it me and docs game both crashed at the time it timed out. Followed by it happening again a couple times until most of server population is dead. Also Doc told me it happened on the previous map also. Not sure whats really going on but should be looked at why this happened; maybe restart the server and check logs about what was happening at time or something?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:39:49 AM by Multigrain »

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

Re: ZPS Server Wtf?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
@ Like 12:27 Eastern like half of people on server all "Timed out" at same time. Experiencing it me and docs game both crashed at the time it timed out. Followed by it happening again a couple times until most of server population is dead. Also Doc told me it happened on the previous map also. Not sure whats really going on but should be looked at why this happened; maybe restart the server and check logs about what was happening at time or something?

At around 12:27 Eastern, about half the people on the ZPS server "Timed out" at the same time. Experiencing it, both Doc and I crashed at the same time that everyone did. Followed by it happening again, a couple of more times until the server was dead. Also, Doc told me that it happened on Murksville to a few players (about 5-7), a map  previous to the massive "time out". Not sure what is really going on but it should be looked at, particularly about what was happening or something.

FTFY
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:01:51 AM by Doc. Mentalist S. »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:07 AM »
Well; the second server was installed in the same FTP section previously tonight. Could be related?

Edit; I've experienced this before, you start to time out but find yourself able to reconnect sometimes; and when you join game everyone's frozen in place and if you attack/touch anyone it seems everyone gets booted and the server finally crashes. Often when this happens if you wait and let everyone disconnect the server will stabilize but might happen again and again later.

I'll stop it and copy a few files over to the new server, hopefully the restart might help it out a bit, it might of just been wholegrain moving files around and setting up server2 to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:18:01 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »
Kay. Trying to work on second server, had metamod and sourcemod installed but apparently there is no game executable when I try to start the server.. Idk what that means or how to fix it; considering just copying the entire zps folder over to the new server instead of manually installing SM and MM and shit..

Edit: FUCK THAT. Bad idea.

Wholegraainnn D:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:59:27 PM by Pillz »

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:21 PM »
Kay. Trying to work on second server, had metamod and sourcemod installed but apparently there is no game executable when I try to start the server.. Idk what that means or how to fix it; considering just copying the entire zps folder over to the new server instead of manually installing SM and MM and shit..

Edit: Good IDEA!!!
Wholegraainnn :D
Hmm all i know about experiencing this before is it can mess up my Steam ID it is hitz it right.
I.E. it messed up my connection saying invalid steam ID, Or it is in use.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
No idea what you're talking about, you shouldn't experience what I'm talking about unless you tried setting up a ZPS server.

Anywho; when trying to copy the orangebox/zps folder to my computer, it took 2 hours, and the % started working backwards from 95% to 74% and was giving me little error windows every now and then; so I just aborted thinking it wouldn't harm anything. I was just going to paste the entire game file to the new server but that's probably a bad idea to begin with; but wholegrain said it should work if I shut the first server down.

Now the first ZPS server won't show up. Awesome, guess something got corrupted or I don't even know. It's so weird having BOTH servers in the same FTP file.. Why the server doesn't work anymore though.. I have no idea. Another thing we'll have to wait for wholegrain on.. Unless Inject has any ideas.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
TL;DR ZPS is down and won't come back online till Wholegrain or someone else fixes it. Cause I don't know what happened or how to fix it..

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »
TL;DR ZPS is down and won't come back online till Wholegrain or someone else fixes it. Cause I don't know what happened or how to fix it..

zps main is back online

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »
Yeah but what happened?

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »
Yeah but what happened?

swapped the wrong ports so the server was up but it was on another port not the 27018 all has been fixed though.  It was a simple mistake I made

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »
Oh okay, and on the second server, what does this mean?
Can't find the server's executable, please contact support.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »
Oh okay, and on the second server, what does this mean?
Can't find the server's executable, please contact support.

it means all hope is lost and we should just not even try
jk

will fix later tonight hopefully

very tired and moving out of chicago today so i am busy

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal