Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZPS Fun Nights are back!  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Pillz

ZPS Fun Nights are back!
« on: July 28, 2012, 03:46:19 AM »
discofrogHELL YEAH FUN NIGHT FUCK YEEAH discofrog

First thing; Death runs have been removed from rotation. They, and other entertaining but not casual ZPS style maps have been moved to Fun Nights! This MAY NOT be permanent; we will see how it affects the server over the next few weeks and decide if this is a good choice or not; we've been so infinitely populated lately and I want to see how the server does with maps that focus on the standard ZPS gameplay. If you don't like it or think it's not a good idea, let me know; I'm not 100% sure but a lot of the regular players are more than happy to see them go.

Seond thing; WHAT IS FUN NIGHT? Fun Night used to be where we use to password the server, usually only forum members who saw the password on the funnight thread thread could get in, but we won't be doing that. Fun Night will include all the deathruns, and other fun maps like Smashcannonz, van_volleyball, buses from hell, and many other maps that we just didn't wanna put in rotation for one reason or another. They're all fun and exciting, and the present admins will be allowed to make votes to make the night funner. I'll always be there to start and end it though; when those times and days can vary, but hopefully a consistent date will be established.

+Fun Nights will last about 3-4 hours; usually from 8PM or so to 12AM East coast; 5PM-9PM for West Coast and like 1AM-4000AD for Europeans. As the date changes so might the times, I will update those here; or will repost if this thread becomes crowded. Save map suggestions for the map suggestions thread, or feel free to make your own threads.

+Events created could be:
+ do mazeland on drugs
+ have skybox battles on Iceland
+ Headshot only mode on any given map
+ enable deathmatch mode and have infinite survivor respawn "every man for himself" battles on any map
+ attempt deathruns with zombies chasing you and using traps on you too
+ simply play the deathruns (the secret reason 60% of people will be on the server at the time)
+ play gravitywars or cabinetrape and melee couches and filing cabinets into anyone you can
+ play van volleyball where you try to punt vans into the opposite team to kill them
+ play the ferris wheel map and jizz everywhere
+ chacha slide?

TL;DR WE'LL DO WHATEVER THE FUCK WE CAN TO ENTERTAIN YOU<3

+Fun Night will be held once a week, and maybe eventually once every other week; but we'll shut the server down for a few minutes before and then change the maplist to funnights maps. If anyone has any requests, find links and files for me; we'll play it JUST FOR YOU. If you ever have any suggestions to make fun night funner, just let us know.

+The timelimit for funnight will be changed from 45 to either 15 or 20. This way we can vote if anything becomes to incredibly annoying, and if it's fucking amazing, vote 6 for extend! If you don't play ZPS, maybe these are the nights to play. Not all veterans are admin though; if you want admin before you attend let me know.

+Here's the map list for FunNight:
zpl_armory2
zpa_badbayou
zpa_town
zph_unrealistic_v1
zpo_aquatica_v2
zpo_buses_from_hell_fix2
zpo_church_siege_2_mdv4
zpo_darkwater_b6
zpo_deadandbreakfest_b4
zpo_deathtrap_b6
zpo_deathrun_corrida_v8
zpo_deathrun_jungle_v3
zpo_elescaper_xxiv
zpo_guinea_pig_v3
zpo_hellway_md5
zpo_lake_of_legends_b2_1
zpo_ravenholm_lite
zpo_quarentena_a6
zpo_snuggles_v1
zpo_trainingmap_b5f
zpo_wheel_jouxfix
zph_unrealistic_v1
zps_cabinet_rape
zps_camel_v5
zps_clubzombo
zps_coldhouses
zps_deathcookin_v4
zps_deathrun_marioworld_som_b9
zps_deathrun_gyro_b4
zps_gardens_b4_1b
zps_gravitywar_b1
zps_island_b2
zps_mazeland_night_v2
zps_night_b3
zps_pacman_b8
zps_skyscrapers_v4
zps_smash_cannonz_som_b8
zps_volleyball_b7
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:57:39 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Pillz

Re: ZPS Fun Nights are back!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:27:13 AM »
Woah woah woah WOAH. I saw Aquatica and Church Seige on that list. Does that mean they are off rotation? I hope not, both are legitiment maps and can be played as such without waiting for fun night.

NOPE! Some standard maps will be included; churchsiege2 was included for it has the STAR WARS theme when you press the piano.

Armory will be the introductory map for letting people join as the announcement summons them on steam and the such; and also for populating if need be so.

Which day should I make Fun Night? Thursday next week, or Friday?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:28:48 AM by Pillz »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:27:13 AM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »
make sure to plan it pillz on our steam group

make an event for it as it helps automatically adjust the time to what time zone you are in and will alert the 3,300 in our group that it started automatically.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
make sure to plan it pillz on our steam group

make an event for it as it helps automatically adjust the time to what time zone you are in and will alert the 3,300 in our group that it started automatically.

Mmk; I was doing this but apparently I never created the event.

Ðeath.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »
Cha Cha slide you say? Cha Cha Slide everywhere? I believe Friday would just be a good setting, in my opinion.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »
This will be awesome  :)
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 03:56:20 AM »
Fun night will be later tonight! I rescheduled it an hour early to help allow me to be there a bit longer, so it will be at 7PM EST; I won't do all the  math for you but that's about midnightish for EU and about 4-5PM for Western USA.

It'll go on for a few hours, as long as we have admins on to take care of it, and I'll finally shut it down after about 4 hours if it doesn't die out beforehand.

<3

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 05:40:33 AM »
yay!  I had trouble connecting last time, so many people joining.  Anyway, when I got in, it was fun.

All I need is some props flying all over the place and some
zps_gravitywar_b1
and other crap.

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:57:12 PM »
Was fun, had lots of people come on. Though it really started to die off when people kept picking deathrun after deathrun.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
Was fun, had lots of people come on. Though it really started to die off when people kept picking deathrun after deathrun.

Yeah I really hate deathrun so that was it for me. It was good to play some zps with all of you CGers, can't wait for the next fun night.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline [ZPS] WEB

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »
Ya not a fan of death-runs, but I loved gravity wars and volleyball when the cars didn't get stuck.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »
Glad you guys had fun!

Next time I'll only have one or two deathruns on maybe; like mario world and jungle. They used to be the only way we could really populate so I'm glad to hear they kill the server now, haha. I was hoping to do them with like low gravity, music and crazy physics, but wasn't around when they were on, so I apologize.

I might switch volleyball out for van_dodgeball, which is more poorly made, but has more cars and they get stuck less. The recent update kind of bugged the map out and ammo gets caught up with vans, which never happened before as badly.

Next fun night on Friday! Not 100% sure yet, so I won't schedule it until I'm fo sho; but we need more fun maps though! If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for the next fun night, let me know! I wish I could get to my old computers ZPS map file, if I can there will be many lulz.

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
On the deathruns I did low gravity for a lot of rounds but not stupidly low gravity, since that kinda defeats purpose of map and makes it boring for zombies; just enough gravity thought to make the traps quite a bit easier.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
On the deathruns I did low gravity for a lot of rounds but not stupidly low gravity, since that kinda defeats purpose of map and makes it boring for zombies; just enough gravity thought to make the traps quite a bit easier.

I was thinking it might be fun to TP zombies into the human spawn a few seconds after the round starts to let them try and kill the humans, but also avoid the traps themselves. Who knows, we'll try different things as the fun nights happen.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »
Fun night tonight at 7PM EST! Will last until I have to leave around 9PM; SEE YOU THERE.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal