Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VIMP New TeamSpeak Rule In Place!!  (Read 10662 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

VIMP New TeamSpeak Rule In Place!!
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
This new rule is effective of immediately!

7. Recording a ventrilo teamspeak conversation without the permission of everyone within that channel will result in a CG ban/suspension (The ban time will be decided by CLS depending on the outcome of your recording) And will always result in a Perma TeamSpeak Ban.
  • This excludes when someone is being, racist, trolling, sexist, or breaking a MAJOR CG Rule.
  • If recording inform a CL or HA you are recording and why.

Look, recording is not allowed, unless permission is granted, or someone is trolling/ being racist/ being sexist/ breaking a MAJOR CG rule.  Inform a CL or HA you are recording and why.  Permission is far better than forgiveness.
Simply put, do not record others without their permission.  It is not nice, and can be misinterpreted, or even adjusted to look like something it is not.  Simply do not do it.

If an exception occurs and you are recording that file must be sent TO ALL CL's nonanonymously (anonymous to cg but not to the receiving CL's).

Warning will not be dealt out for this.
Please remember to always check back as rules do change. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:08:36 PM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

Re: VIMP New Ventrilo Rule In Place!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
But what if something bad happens.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
Pahaha.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
But what if something bad happens.
I'm not sure what you mean
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
Maybe something that involving an admin explicitly saying that they abuse or something.
General proof.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
Maybe something that involving an admin explicitly saying that they abuse or something.
General proof.

That is a valid point

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »
General proof.
Then inform a higher ranked admin.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »
Aren't there only 2 types of admin on the vent server.

If it's even 1.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
Aren't there only 2 types of admin on the vent server.

If it's even 1.
I ment inform a higher ranked admin

IE a trial is a bad person
inform a CL.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »
Look, recording is not allowed, unless permission is granted, or someone is trolling/ being racist/ being sexist/ breaking a MAJOR CG rule.  Inform a CL or HA you are recording and why.  Permission is far better than forgiveness.
Simply put, do not record others without their permission.  It is not nice, and can be misinterpreted, or even adjusted to look like something it is not.  Simply do not do it.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
Rule modifications have be made and the rule has been slightly adjusted.

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:04 AM »
I'm curious, what is the reason for this? Recording people is rude? How is it any different from taking screenshots of things people post on the forum? Those can be modified/used the exact same way. There is a reason forum moderators make it a point not to delete threads. The ventrillo server is just as public as the forum, it doesn't need to be private. If you want to have private discussions with people you can take it to a steam call, you're making it sound like our ventrillo is supposed to be some kind of haven to talk about what we can't on the forum, without a trace. I can understand this rule being effective towards password protected channels, for admin discussions, however.

This is only encouraging players to turn to Vent to talk about what they shouldn't, and you'll be discouraging earnest players from doing anything about it. Honestly, after reading the rule and this thread I wouldn't want to do anything with a recording in fear of getting banned. Even specifying that the broken rule must be "major" is excessive, as players should have the right to report someone for breaking any rule. This rule is also entirely ineffective for recording someone who has/is breaking a rule; asking everyone in the channel will shift the demeanor of the discussion, people will stop breaking the rule or simply deny you to do that. Even if you chose to record it at your own discretion, you'd still be punished for reporting the misconduct simply because you didn't have their permission to record them. You'd be punishing the players who are doing the right thing. And what about silly conversations that go to youtube? They're funny and great advertising for the community, and very good to look back on. It isn't the same when everyone's agreed and knows they're being recorded. Like this.

Instead, if the issue is players unknowingly being recorded, invading their privacy, you could place a disclaimer in the vent popup that warns users they could be recorded at any time, unless they're in a private (password-protected) channel. That way you can't say people's privacy is being invaded without warning, and players will also feel the need to treat others with the same amount of respect as the rules dictate on the forum.

I am not in direct opposition of the rule, I understand the reasoning behind it, but I feel this would be taking away from one of the best communicatory devices of the community, next to the forums.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »
I'm curious, what is the reason for this? Recording people is rude? How is it any different from taking screenshots of things people post on the forum? Those can be modified/used the exact same way. There is a reason forum moderators make it a point not to delete threads. The ventrillo server is just as public as the forum, it doesn't need to be private. If you want to have private discussions with people you can take it to a steam call, you're making it sound like our ventrillo is supposed to be some kind of haven to talk about what we can't on the forum, without a trace. I can understand this rule being effective towards password protected channels, for admin discussions, however.

This is only encouraging players to turn to Vent to talk about what they shouldn't, and you'll be discouraging earnest players from doing anything about it. Honestly, after reading the rule and this thread I wouldn't want to do anything with a recording in fear of getting banned. Even specifying that the broken rule must be "major" is excessive, as players should have the right to report someone for breaking any rule. This rule is also entirely ineffective for recording someone who has/is breaking a rule; asking everyone in the channel will shift the demeanor of the discussion, people will stop breaking the rule or simply deny you to do that. Even if you chose to record it at your own discretion, you'd still be punished for reporting the misconduct simply because you didn't have their permission to record them. You'd be punishing the players who are doing the right thing. And what about silly conversations that go to youtube? They're funny and great advertising for the community, and very good to look back on. It isn't the same when everyone's agreed and knows they're being recorded. Like this.

Instead, if the issue is players unknowingly being recorded, invading their privacy, you could place a disclaimer in the vent popup that warns users they could be recorded at any time, unless they're in a private (password-protected) channel. That way you can't say people's privacy is being invaded without warning, and players will also feel the need to treat others with the same amount of respect as the rules dictate on the forum.

I am not in direct opposition of the rule, I understand the reasoning behind it, but I feel this would be taking away from one of the best communicatory devices of the community, next to the forums.
On the forums everything is public and viewable screen shoting something people can find on their own is different from something that existed once in ventrilo. What your asking for vent is impossible.

By recording people in ventilio you only cause drama by mis directing the audience

I'll post more about it later i can't read your entire post right now i gtg

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 12:33:52 AM »
Okay, I won't go into further detail then knowing you haven't had a full chance to read it, but...

What about this:

Perhaps allow users to record vent conversations as they happen, and then later request permission to do anything with it from the players who were part of the conversation? That way the recorded conversation could still be used for reporting issues, and if it were recorded for a community video, the recorder could look at the users involved and PM them asking if they're okay with the conversation being released.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »
Yes, as whitellama said, what about the other rules being broken?

This new rule makes it impossible to get evidence and report it for a lot of things without being permabanned.

It should be allowed to record the breaking of any rule.   Because honestly, if I see someone breaking a rule, what can I do?  I could:
A) Record it and get permabanned.  They're not going to give you permission.
B) Not record it and put it on forums, they'll deny it.
C) I could use my vent admin and then they could deny everything and I get in trouble.

There is no way to deal with rules being broken except for the ones mentioned in the OP.

This is flawed and needs reworking.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:43:31 AM by Blackllama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal