Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Something I seem to have noticed.  (Read 5259 times)

Offline Sammy

Something I seem to have noticed.
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »
Iunno whether you guys from other servers get this, but we on the ZM server have had so many people play the server for the first or second time, and ask us about admin immediately and whether they should aapply for it. Not only do they then ignore us saying; "play on the server more often, get to know everyone, join the forums and increase post count, etc" but they then are surprised when everyone rejects them and they just disappear... never to be seen again.

Other accounts of people necro-ing to get post count up. Im not sure whether these people are just trying to get admin to f up the server or whether they are just plain retarded or something.

Just something up for discussion on admin applications etc, whats the verdict from you guys on other servers?
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Old Crow

Re: Something I seem to have noticed.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
It can sometimes be the same on TTT. I've had people ask me multiple times if they can pay to have admin. Maybe we could change the MOTD to mention how to become admin somehow, but sometimes its just plain ignorance, because its not like people cant read on the forums how to become an admin.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
It can sometimes be the same on TTT. I've had people ask me multiple times if they can pay to have admin. Maybe we could change the MOTD to mention how to become admin somehow, but sometimes its just plain ignorance, because its not like people cant read on the forums how to become an admin.
If they can't come to the forums and read they shouldn't be admin.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

It would be a dangling carrot, something to entice people to come to the forums
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sammy

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »

It would be a dangling carrot, something to entice people to come to the forums

I like it, lure them in with false hope and then one or two might stick around on the forums... I see what you're doing there Crow :)
Its a fact...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
Not everyone will like forums at first or the idea of HAVING to post on them. I didn't have to when I first became admin, but a month into being a trial I finally started regularly posting and now I'm pretty sure I'm addicted; six months later I was head admin. Not everyone's good material, some people are shit socially and wouldn't represent us right, so we just tell them we're full on admins for now; feel free to play and help out till we need some!

If you have a post requirement though, expect people who want admin and are completely illiterate to spam the forums until they can apply. Some make it, some don't like us and leave. We're not exactly the nicest people when it comes to handling necros and whatnot.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
Not everyone will like forums at first or the idea of HAVING to post on them. I didn't have to when I first became admin, but a month into being a trial I finally started regularly posting and now I'm pretty sure I'm addicted; six months later I was head admin. Not everyone's good material, some people are shit socially and wouldn't represent us right, so we just tell them we're full on admins for now; feel free to play and help out till we need some!

If you have a post requirement though, expect people who want admin and are completely illiterate to spam the forums until they can apply. Some make it, some don't like us and leave. We're not exactly the nicest people when it comes to handling necros and whatnot.
I'm one of the cool cats who join the forum for the community and then later on decided to apply for admin.   frogc00l

Offline Andredem

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:07:09 AM »
Maybe a little console message could flash across every once in awhile saying "Our admins are accepted via application on our forums @ ConjointGaming.com. If you wish to apply, be sure you have met our qualifications!"

Something like that, idk. My two cents
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

I'm one of the cool cats who join the forum for the community and then later on decided to apply for admin.   frogc00l

Same? What we really need to do is recruit admin for servers that are lacking such as Saxton Hale.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »

Yup, many many people coming across like that. We had Gary Oak not a few months back who came onto the server, joined the forums and applied for admin instantly, got rejected and then spammed the forums needlessly til 20 posts at which point Arbys just out and out told him he will never get admin, last we saw of him!
Then you get people like Shadow? Think his name was shadow or Shooter or something, who came on spammed and spammed the discussions to try get 20 posts to apply, I agree that we don't reply nicely to that but people who cant follow rules don't deserve nice treatment!

Stuff em, atm we don't need admins on the zm so we say the same thing everytime 'get to know the community on forums, play regularly, and we'll let you know when a spot opens up...' Most people don't seem to understand what I find is such simple instructions, but some thankfully do :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:43:21 PM by Sammy »
Its a fact...

Offline caboose74

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »
they should do like me waiting for a open to be open before apply and get denied because i dont follow the rules ...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal