Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ideas for ZPS?  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Pillz

Ideas for ZPS?
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »
Everyone tell me what you think the server needs or doesn't need!

More maps? Cabin/lake?
Fun nights?
More rules?
Quake sounds?
Less maps?
A whole separate server for deathruns?
Permamute / votemute?
Higher infection rate?

Discuss!
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

Re: Ideas for ZPS?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Quote from: Pillz
More maps? Cabin/lake?

I'd like to be able to play cabin maps once in a while even though they are overplayed they are still fun at times. Probably snowy cabin, winter cabin, rawcg cabin(uncertain about the name), cabin recharge, cabin b7 idk whatever once's the most updated. Lake maps are really irritating, no maneuverability and too open.

Fun nights?

Fun nights? sure if we have an active admin staff that wouldn't mind popping on that moment.

More rules?

Rules are fine as they are.

Quake sounds?

Not sure about quakes, every time a new maps starts players would have to re-download the quakes.

Less maps?

A map like zaus is not as balanced in a server with 10+ players.

Rather have a single server with both deathruns, zps, zpo, zph maps. Less work involve, more in control etc.

Permamute / votemute?

Votemute is already on the server I believe, if not then we could just make a manual vote and if it passes then an admin could mute the player. Permamute for sure.

Higher infection rate?

20-25% is fine.

There was a problem last night about the newer version of van_dodgeball, where the gravity was set to 400(map default) instead of the 600(server default). Tried setting a gravity vote to 600. Over to the next map, the phy_pushscale was set to 2000 (1 being default) basically zombies and humans can whack objects around like they did in van_dodgeball. Unsure whether it is fixed or not at the moment but needs to be fixed for future references.

Add ranks again, not the rank plugins that you have currently or thinking of but hlxstats. Gain points when getting kills/assists/spree lose only a few points when you die. So you can gain points even though you're getting more deaths.

Lastly, current admins need to be promoted (ie Multigrain)

Let's keep plugins simple and not add to many because as i remember, it gets too clustered and lags the server.

Other plugins i was thinking of:

• Health/melee mod - gain health for every zombie you kill with a melee.
  • HLstatx as mentioned

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »
I'd like to be able to play cabin maps once in a while even though they are overplayed they are still fun at times. Probably snowy cabin, winter cabin, rawcg cabin(uncertain about the name), cabin recharge, cabin b7 idk whatever once's the most updated. Lake maps are really irritating, no maneuverability and too open.

Yeah; don't think I want any lake maps, might take off legends. Not sure which cabins are any good though, they all seem kinda silly to me. Some are too OP for humans, some too OP for zombies.

Fun nights? sure if we have an active admin staff that wouldn't mind popping on that moment.

We need to figure out what we would do on funnights; we could play weird that aren't fit for the nominate list and once we have lots of admins there could be massive abuse and other uncommon things.

A map like zaus is not as balanced in a server with 10+ players.

Agreed; I kinda was talking with the guy on Gamebanana who made it and was excited for the update, still needs more work though.

Rather have a single server with both deathruns, zps, zpo, zph maps. Less work involve, more in control etc.

Yeah me too; that would be the server that would actually need dedication though. If we had a server for only deathruns/smashcannonz/dodgeball and whatnot; we'd have one self sustained server that requires less admin involvement and a second server that's real ZPS gameplay. Wouldn't be too hard at all; and I'd be willing to give it a try for a while.
Votemute is already on the server I believe, if not then we could just make a manual vote and if it passes then an admin could mute the player. Permamute for sure.

Votemute's not on there mainly because the last time we had votemute and votegag on the server it caused that whole perma-gag problem where people were just randomly unable to talk in chat regardless of being ungagged. That might of been a issue with the pmute/votemute plugins or just a general server issue but I don't think it'd happen again.

Just to be safe I'll only install perma mute and gag.

20-25% is fine.

It's at 15% right now; I'll raise it to 20% eventually though. I hardly notice a difference but I wanna see if anyone complains about it.
There was a problem last night about the newer version of van_dodgeball, where the gravity was set to 400(map default) instead of the 600(server default). Tried setting a gravity vote to 600. Over to the next map, the phy_pushscale was set to 2000 (1 being default) basically zombies and humans can whack objects around like they did in van_dodgeball. Unsure whether it is fixed or not at the moment but needs to be fixed for future references.

Yeah multigrain messaged me about it and I added a default cvar value to the server config for phys_pushscale and sv_pushscale because I forget the difference. Set both to 1 though, but I'm still working on getting everything back to normal; everything's still a little bare.

Add ranks again, not the rank plugins that you have currently or thinking of but hlxstats. Gain points when getting kills/assists/spree lose only a few points when you die. So you can gain points even though you're getting more deaths.

Ehh I suppose; I feel like the majority of played maps will be deathruns and shit so Idk how that'd affect the ranks. Nobody would care but I might wait to see if we can actually get a second ZPS server.

Let's keep plugins simple and not add to many because as i remember, it gets too clustered and lags the server.

Other plugins i was thinking of:

• Health/melee mod - gain health for every zombie you kill with a melee.
  • HLstatx as mentioned

Multigrains vet on the admin list in ZPS; pretty much everyone is. plugins are for the most part finished unless I feel like we need more; and only Wholegrain knows where to get the health/melee mod.

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:28:47 AM »

Multigrains vet on the admin list in ZPS; pretty much everyone is.
MULTIGRAIN FOR PRESIDENT!

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »
Everyone tell me what you think the server needs or doesn't need!

More maps? Cabin/lake?
Fun nights?
More rules?
Quake sounds?
Less maps?
Permamute / votemute?
Higher infection rate?

Discuss!
1. NO LAKE MAPZ! well maybe 1 or 2 but not a crap load of them.
2.i was never around for any fun nights so we need more of them.
3.hmm will need to play for some time to think of rulez. Never really had problemz with rulez except some playerz using profanity constantly.
4. i like the quake sounds alot. Female sounds like she is having a orgasm each time.
5. More Mapz !!!
6. ya a whole differ server would be good but then we would have noone on the regular one.
7. ya we need this option because some people are pretty dang annoying.
8. we need the infection rate 99% and for the 1% people who dont get infected feel special.

Also i need my admin.....XP

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »
Don't have much of an opinion on a lot of this stuff, but we should totally have another fun night, the last one was a blast.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »
The only thing that would make me play ZPS is if a decent mapper remade a huge handful of the classic zp v1.0 maps, the fact that clubzombo was killed by zps' remake was just a facepalm.

Would love to see classic maps make a return in bulk.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
The only thing that would make me play ZPS is if a decent mapper remade a huge handful of the classic zp v1.0 maps, the fact that clubzombo was killed by zps' remake was just a facepalm.

Well the devs are in fact working on an update due out before the holiday season; said so after their most recent update which fixed a few bugs. So we might actually see some interesting maps this time around; the last maps they offered was thrillvile, murksvile and like; whatever else there was. When Violent Crimes was promoted he promised cabin as an official ZPS map, so I'd still like to see a balanced cabin map.

Which classic maps would you like to see though sammy? Perhaps we could find some working versions out there..

I've edited the rules so they're fine, and we'll definitely be seeing a funnight sometime soon; what days would be best? Fridays? Saturdays? Wednesdays?

Offline Sammy

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

Well the devs are in fact working on an update due out before the holiday season; said so after their most recent update which fixed a few bugs. So we might actually see some interesting maps this time around; the last maps they offered was thrillvile, murksvile and like; whatever else there was. When Violent Crimes was promoted he promised cabin as an official ZPS map, so I'd still like to see a balanced cabin map.

Which classic maps would you like to see though sammy? Perhaps we could find some working versions out there..

I've edited the rules so they're fine, and we'll definitely be seeing a funnight sometime soon; what days would be best? Fridays? Saturdays? Wednesdays?

Dont play zps much so correct me if I miss any, some of these are player made though...

Things like zpo_touchdown zpo_contingency zpo_losbridgez_final zpo_chickenrun_final zp_home zp_blocky zp_grocerystore zp_walmart_final zp_sonic zp_clubzombo (not the piece of crap they remade) zp_mall_b1

Thats off the top of my head on maps, Smiffy has the entire set of maps, just need someone or something to get them onto zps...
Its a fact...

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
It is possible to port goldsource maps to source, but there is no way they will ever remake them.
Also, did they fix the spray bug?

Offline Sammy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
It is possible to port goldsource maps to source, but there is no way they will ever remake them.
Also, did they fix the spray bug?

Ever think someone in the community knows/ wants to learn how to map? It cant be rocket science.
Its a fact...

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »

Dont play zps much so correct me if I miss any, some of these are player made though...

Things like zpo_touchdown zpo_contingency zpo_losbridgez_final zpo_chickenrun_final zp_home zp_blocky zp_grocerystore zp_walmart_final zp_sonic zp_clubzombo (not the piece of crap they remade) zp_mall_b1

Thats off the top of my head on maps, Smiffy has the entire set of maps, just need someone or something to get them onto zps...

Bobop remade zp_home zp_jailbird and zp_investigations a while ago
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:50:46 PM by Smiffy »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

Bobop remade zp_home zp_jailbird and zp_investigations a while ago

I FUCKING MISS THAT MAN :(

Offline Klondor

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »
someone should make a skin of Florida zombie Rudy Eugene  to replace whitey  trollface

jk jk
"Lets Go Bub"

Offline Patty Cakes

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
A suggestion would be rank. People would stay on the server just to increase their rank and be better than everyone else. I have noticed people coming on and typing it in.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal