Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Play more ZPS please?  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Pillz

Play more ZPS please?
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
I made a steam community post about it, I'm going to post it here. Nobody plays ZPS anymore, I'm not going to bother with doing ZPS hours for now because only 2-3 of my admins have ANY hours. I'd like to keep the 2wk minimal to 15-20hrs, given I have had 35 on average when I was away for a week as opposed to the usual 60-80hrs. Sadly I can't do this, because nobody has more than ten hours.

I posted an away thread because I won't be able to play 6-10 hours every day anymore. I have work, a girlfriend, and soon a house. After all that settles down I might be back, but we REALLY need everyone to play more ZPS. I don't understand why you guys won't play this game. It used to be the backbone of SKG/KAT/EarlyCG, and now I feel I'm the only person that gives a poop about it. Patty, Sejo and Pyro seem to be the only people showing any interest anymore, and for that I am very thankful.

I still have no idea who a replacement HA would be though, I'm not planning on stepping down, but if I had to; I'd like for the ZPS server to live on for me to play on still. I know we all have our games we like, and most of you don't care for ZPS; but please give it more time. The game is NOT dead, a minor update was released not to long ago to fix some issues, and they are working on the next update. They even opened up playtesting again and I applied. Who knows what they're working on, but it's coming out before the end of the year. Contagion is looking better and better also, perhaps we could get a server for that when it comes out.

But seriously, come on CG, play more ZPS. If you never tried it, get it and try it. If you don't like it, give it another try on different maps. We have ZPO maps, ZPS maps, fun maps, cabin, deathruns and others too. I really need everyone's help; it's a fun game and our server was ranked top 20 for a while, now it's slipping past 30 and 40 on Gametracker..

Admins especially. I see to many of ZPS's admins playing many other games, and then when I ask them about playing ZPS they don't have the time. Hmph.

ZPS is slipping away from CG.. and by extension I am too; it's like ZPS players are a minority now. All.. 7 or 8 of us..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:08:11 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Chickenma3

Re: Play more ZPS please?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
i would love to play zps but the invalid steam ticket of death impedes my way  meme1
(=CG=) Inject OH 4: COWS
(=CG=) Inject OH 4: THEY FLY
Chickenma3: did jorgen give u his special plant?

Tendovvi: i just got cyber laid
(=CG=)Chickenma3: hot

Kyllingmor3: die
Kyllingmor3: in
Kyllingmor3: a
Kyllingmor3: fire
Kyllingmor3: now
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: xD
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: I am allready
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: it is called CG leadership
Kyllingmor3: =3

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
i would love to play zps but the invalid steam ticket of death impedes my way  meme1

Yeah, there's a fix for it, not to hard. If all else fails Sejo got his to work by deleting almost everything, copying important files and dragging them back afterwards.

It even happened to me 3-4 times, and sometimes it gives me a single INVALID STEAMUSERID TICKET error, and when I reconnect it goes away.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
I shall give it another shot sir. It seemed like an ok game, just haven't played it much.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pyro

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
I'll play more for sure, it's just when like I play GMod or another game I just don't want to quit because mostly I'm having fun with friends that I only see in weekends.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »
I would play more zps, but I could never get around the fact that it felt like a larger shittier version of Left 4 dead. Meme12

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »
I would be playing more just when I get chances to play games, I open up a list of servers I play on and always see ZPS server having 0 people in it. I don't mind spending time to populate it sometimes though I just don't like spending my handful of time I got alone or with 1 or 2 other people; that's why I usually pop on another game to hang with people. For me ZPS isn't that much fun when you only got like 2-4 people to play with. By the time there's a decent amount of people one, I usually gtg. I do love playing ZPS still though just not alone, lovin that social fun while fighting for your lives or tearing apart those cades to get some tasty brains.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
I would play more zps, but I could never get around the fact that it felt like a larger shittier version of Left 4 dead. Meme12

:l It's not like L4D at all really, I don't believe ZPS ever gets old due to NO AI at all. L4D and L4D2 got boring after a few weeks, and I only play if friends invite me, and even then it kind of bores me. L4D offers the same  linear levels with seeminly random zombie spawns, and linear based objective that get harder based on difficulty and the other random things L4D added. While ZPS offers human v human levels that range from linear objective maps, non-linear objective maps, time limit objective maps, survival maps where zombies have X amount of lives and the humans have to survive, and then we have fun custom maps like dodgeball and deathruns. There's even more than that, such as ZPA where zombies and humans have to capture different spots on the map, earning them extra carrier zombies or weapons, etc. ZPA mode was kind of a dumb idea but some people like it, then there's ZPH, hardcore mode where zombies have 90% infection and weapons deal less damage. Humans just have to survive 5 minutes. I have 2400+ hours on ZPS, and less than 200 on L4D 1 and 2 combined. Clearly I prefer one over the other, which is why I'm a head admin, but from my experience I'd say ZPS is the coolest.

It's quite different, I wouldn't say it's bigger and I suppose since L4D has made hundreds of thousands of dollars it probably more played, liked and "better". Especially graphically. I prefer ZPS for it's playability though, endlessly capping retarded AI zombies in L4D gets old, where in ZPS every zombie has it's own skill level depending on the player. Some zombies like I know how to spin around and avoid bullets, where others walk in straight lines making headshots too easy. I really enjoy playing Zombie and destroying the human team, I'd even say zombie is overpowered but people always complain about getting Zombie and don't even try... There are many different servers that offer different gameplay styles and sometimes you just have to find the type of map you like. Some people prefer cabin/lake maps and barricading for 10 minutes while I prefer doing objectives and leading a team around. Basically the game is ALWAYS different because you spawn with different people, different zombies, so what people choose to do is always changing, giving each map gives you enough options.

Yeah.. but anyway saying L4D is better than ZPS in any ZPS server causes mass rage. Most people will defend L4D as a good game but everyone agree's it's not as replayable and that ZPS offers much more fun and lulz. It's a hell of a lot prettier, but like women, beauty doesn't ensure a long, happy relationship.

I prescribe a heavy dose of ZPS, that should clear your botched opinion of the game right up!

Offline Nelth

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 02:39:58 AM »
I like the whole, you die and become a zombie, aspect of it, but to me it feels like I am playing as one of the useless horde zombies, not a zombie that will actually cause some damage. Also in my defense, Left 4 dead IS different each time, the horde is the same, but there is usually different ways of dealing with situations and different people you have to cope with.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
I like the whole, you die and become a zombie, aspect of it, but to me it feels like I am playing as one of the useless horde zombies, not a zombie that will actually cause some damage. Also in my defense, Left 4 dead IS different each time, the horde is the same, but there is usually different ways of dealing with situations and different people you have to cope with.

Idunno, I just feel like whenever I play L4D2 campaign, I pick Dark Carnival or another, and it's about the same all the way through, just dying differently and using different guns, dealing with different zombies as they spawn wherever.. After you play a while you kind of expect everything there is, just not knowing when exactly it'll happen, etc. They have their own ways of being different each time, and so does ZPS but you aren't really a useless horde zombie, standard zombies can drop a human in 4 hits w/o armor, and whitey, the faster and stronger zombie that can control where zombies spawn and infect humans; can drop a human in 3 hits if they have no armor. If a human is a good shot, one zombie might not be able to stop a human; but the more zombies the better.

So as zombies, you have to do on the fly planning with other zombies to corner humans. Sometimes there's an excess of 20 other human players at the start of a round, and as a zombie you can lay back and watch for stragglers, humans that look like an easy kill because they're focused on something else or for whatever reason. You build up your numbers and team up with other zombies you pass to increase your chance to kill, etc. As an experience player, it's really fun for me to be able to help others out as I find them, often saving their lives as humans; and raping a human or two with a few zombie buddies never gets old.

Offline Sgt Martin

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »
ZPS is slipping away from CG.. and by extension I am too; it's like ZPS players are a minority now. All.. 7 or 8 of us..

Unfortunately, it's not just CG falling on hard times with ZPS interest. ConvictGaming, RAWCG, Doorman, and SoM are some of the many larger communities that have been hurting for ZPS members as of late, especially the latter three. As sad as it is to say I think we're a dying breed; communities of a different ZPS generation, one's that seem to have overstayed our welcome. :(

Now, I hear from a lot of people that ZPS is dying out, but that couldn't be any further from the truth! The Zombie Panic: Source team has done some recruiting lately -- gathering several new developers and a nice handful of playtesters along the way. I can't say too much, but I will say this: You're going to have a lot to look forward to in the future of this game. Likewise, steampowered.com's statistics tells that Zombie Panic: Source has roughly 700 simultaneous players at its peak each day; a continuously steady improvement in the past two years. In other words: it's not only not dying out, but it's actually getting more popular as time goes on. Honestly, it sure doesn't feel like it at times.

Oh, and did I mention the different activities? There's been nearly half a dozen clan matches within the past month; in fact, STARS is going to play in one tonight. There's also the 1v1 ZPS tournaments (which admittedly, I host) and the occasional mapping contest -- It seems there's actually a mapping contest in the works as I type this!

With all of that said: Pillz is right; ZPS is an absolutely amazing game! Try it before it really is dead! :P

Offline Sammy

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »
Probably should shout that its the same with Zombie Master atm... I rarely ever play anymore cause almost everytime I check the server its 0/16... very hard to populate as well considering the ZM community isnt the biggest.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline CannonFodder

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »
I been playing all day today! Sometime I will go on the server when noone is one and wait 15 minutes but still noone would come one and play :( until today :D
Spirit

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »
Its not that hard getting more play hours for ZPS, there are a lot of interesting people on after all.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal