Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Inactivity  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Blackllama

Re: Admin Inactivity
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
I'm sorry, I wan't trying to be rude, just trying to get my point across.  Anyway, I'm not saying that CG is alll about the money, it is far from that, but to quote the steam page 'CG is a buisness as well as a community' It does need revenue to survive, server hosting costs money and just because we ha. ve generous donors doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make a stable income.  Relying on donations is a bad idea.  Okay back on topic: forum activity.

Offline Accan

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
1. Sammy, your posting now shows exactly why we need admins to be active on the forums, so that opinions such as yours will not go unnoticed. I, however, disagree. You may be a good admin on ZM, but i've never heard of you in my life. If we are to be a "community" then we should communicate. Simple as that, i have no argument otherwise and do not wish to be argued at on this point.

2. Sorry for not being active on the forums and not playing much recently. I will devote more time to CG, end of story. Such a good online community deserves attention of its admins, after all :) I shouldn't forget why i'm happy to be here.

EDIT: also, i'm still a trial admin on the forums. Just sayin

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »
question. Is Sammy the same person as Symmy? Who the hell is Symmy cause ive never heard of them but they are an admin on TTT.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sammy

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
Nah, no idea who the hell you're on about, don't play TTT only Zombie Master for CG
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »
Then whos Symmy????????????
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sammy

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »
1. Sammy, your posting now shows exactly why we need admins to be active on the forums, so that opinions such as yours will not go unnoticed. I, however, disagree. You may be a good admin on ZM, but i've never heard of you in my life. If we are to be a "community" then we should communicate. Simple as that, i have no argument otherwise and do not wish to be argued at on this point.

2. Sorry for not being active on the forums and not playing much recently. I will devote more time to CG, end of story. Such a good online community deserves attention of its admins, after all :) I shouldn't forget why i'm happy to be here.

EDIT: also, i'm still a trial admin on the forums. Just sayin

Contradictory, you dont know who we re cause nobody here ever plays zm, and you just proved that tf2 and ttt players never play zombie master and you also just proved that you dont post often yourself. How are we supposed to get noticed when nobody from the community ever bothers to play it? Inject knows me not as he comes of every now and then!
Its a fact...

Offline Sammy

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
Personally  I believe that the community has a problem in itself. The concept that the forums should be used to know each other isn't great. I think we need more community events where the members AND admins get together and play a specific game. This applies to EVERYONE this way we can get to know each other much better. If you guys actually bothered to play zm or another of the servers CG own rather than just you're own then you wouldnt be bitching to me that none of you know me, you'd both know myself and the other zm admins more!
I know im guilty of this too, I only play zm but im willing to play on events of tf2 and other servers.
Its a fact...

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »
Symmy is symbols, I dunno if he's active anymore.  He used to be around a while ago.

I know a ton of non ttt members via vent and forums, pills is super active on forum for example.  I don't need to play Zm to get to know you and vice versa.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
Im just making a suggestion, and you obviously do cause you dont know me at all. If people bothered to play the mods they can get for free then they could get to know everyone really easily. The zm server is only ever played on by my, arbys, smiffy, pyro and occasionally Inject, none of the admins in the community ever bother to give it a go.
Its a fact...

Offline Sammy

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
Im just making a suggestion, and you obviously do cause you dont know me at all. If people bothered to play the mods they can get for free then they could get to know everyone really easily. The zm server is only ever played on by my, arbys, smiffy, pyro and occasionally Inject, none of the admins in the community ever bother to give it a go.

So you're implying that community events are not a good idea? Correct me if im wrong but surely it is FAR better than just forum posting, the zm forum is dusty and just has cobwebs because only 5 admins from the community play it... none of the others even thouch it! You're telling us to be active for a forum area that isn't even used, how the hell do you expect us to comment on games we arent familiar with!!!!!!
Its a fact...

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
Are you talking to yourself?? I'm confused.  Anyway, the point of the forum is to unite those who don't play on eachother's servers, I don't play zm you don't play ttt, but if you're on the forums you still can get to know the other players.  Ventrilo is also fantastic for this.  You're complaining about zps not getting noticied but if more admins were on the forum it might get more attention.

Also, you don't have to post in zm section.  Btw I'm conused whether we're talking about zm or zps so I say both.  By the way the reason I don't know you is because unlike others you're not[\] in vent or forums.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 04:16:40 PM »
When the hell did I mention zps at all? Im talking about zombie master as I always have, im just saying that other than the forums which seem to cause all this problem, why the hell not make events... Plus as I've said, forums are complicated, if you didn't bother reading properly the zm forums are dead, and nobody posts there, there is no point. We cant post on other threads cause we dont play there!
Its a fact...

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »

You're contradicting yourself. You just said you don't have time to open your browser, type in your log-in informations and at least VIEW the most recent threads which may be relevant to you or the ZM community, but now you're suggesting TTT/TF2 and what-not admins that also have a personal life to take care of to help populate the server they didn't even apply to be an admin on? I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but it's not our fault the ZM server is empty. Not saying it's yours either (nor the CL's), but when you signed up to be an admin, you compromised yourself to also be a part of the community, that INCLUDES checking the forums at least once every 2 or 3 days. And we also have the other sections of the forums, like the off-topic section and such, which we use when we're too lazy to actually check the relevant part of the forums to know the community better.  parrot
Cookies go here?

Offline Sammy

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
I never said the zm server is empty, I said the thread for zm is never used, I rarely ever have time to check the forums, I have essays due every week which count towards grades. Yeah I maybe slightly contradicting myself but I  still stand by the fact that there isnt enough on the forums for us to reply to, even the other extra posts are totally irrelevant for me personally, the fact that you're forcing me to be active on the forums is silly considering im aiding the community in the zm server. I still state that this entire admin watch should be reviewed on hours played.

Source SDK Base 2006
55.9 hrs / 234.5 hrs
Last 2 weeks/ Since I started playing CG zm server in September.
I dont see how you can criticise that amout of work I'm putting into the server to keep it busy and fun!

EDIT: I think I have said more than enough to back my case, knowing that when wholegrain and the other leaders come on they will likely get bored reading my replies to you guys there is no need to carry on after I have more than reasonably argued myself and the other zm admin(s) cause.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:38:57 PM by Sammy »
Its a fact...

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
27hours a week is a lot of free time.  That's 4hours a day. Try taking 10 min out of each day and check forums.  Simple as that.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal