Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Inactivity  (Read 8609 times)

Offline CamperStrike

Re: Admin Inactivity
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
I only removed admins based on forum inactivity for the last 2 months

I am going to be working with head admins and cleaning the books of inactive admins on the servers next.

Also when the main cg web page goes up EVERYTHING about EVERYTHINg in CG will be listed including rank requirements rules protocol tutorials etc.....

Take your time. It's not like CG is a complete chaos like other communities.
And no, that wasn't irony. I'd give you a cookie but I know you're an adult now and Grandma understands that.  Meme9
*remembering a certain Spongebob Squarepants episode*
Cookies go here?

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
I only removed admins based on forum inactivity for the last 2 months

I am going to be working with head admins and cleaning the books of inactive admins on the servers next.

Also when the main cg web page goes up EVERYTHING about EVERYTHINg in CG will be listed including rank requirements rules protocol tutorials etc.....

Take your time. It's not like CG is a complete chaos like other communities.
And no, that wasn't irony. I'd give you a cookie but I know you're an adult now and Grandma understands that.  Meme9
*remembering a certain Spongebob Squarepants episode*

fuckn lold at the spongebob part.  I remember that episode.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »
IF we can set up a time on server per week thing and if an admin doesn't meet that requrement he gets a warning, on the third week of inactivity without an timeaway forum the admin is either demoted or removed. Id say 18 hrs a week would be acceptible.

18 hrs a week? That's kinda steep. I don't want to have to make admin time away threads when I don't feel like playing ttt that week.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:13 AM »
IF we can set up a time on server per week thing and if an admin doesn't meet that requrement he gets a warning, on the third week of inactivity without an timeaway forum the admin is either demoted or removed. Id say 18 hrs a week would be acceptible.

18 hrs a week? That's kinda steep. I don't want to have to make admin time away threads when I don't feel like playing ttt that week.

the official stance has been 15 hours/ 2 weeks (7.5 for 1 week)

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:05 AM »
Yes, 18 a week?  That's a bit over 2.5 hours a day, if you work full time/go to school, have shit to do, or have a social life, that could be difficult for a lot of people.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 03:10:54 AM »
Yes, 18 a week?  That's a bit over 2.5 hours a day, if you work full time/go to school, have shit to do, or have a social life, that could be difficult for a lot of people.
its not that read what whole said so its 1 hour per day.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:41 AM »
Did you read what wholegrain was quoting?  I was referring to what megadave said.  He suggested 18h a week, which is a lot.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 04:13:50 AM »
I think 15 is rather low.. usually when someone has 10-20 hours I think they haven't been playing much, I think we should just set the minimum to 10-15, with 30+ a week marking them as "exceptional" or something.. lol

Honestly, the ZPS team seems to play around 30-40 hours every 2 weeks, while I fluctuate from 40-100. So for them I would set the minimum at 20 every two weeks, but I wouldn't punish them for falling under it. I would definitely give them a talking to about it though.. basically it's just duly noted, and if they stay in the danger zone long enough, well, they lose their admin.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 04:24:29 AM »
I think 15 is rather low.. usually when someone has 10-20 hours I think they haven't been playing much, I think we should just set the minimum to 10-15, with 30+ a week marking them as "exceptional" or something.. lol

Honestly, the ZPS team seems to play around 30-40 hours every 2 weeks, while I fluctuate from 40-100. So for them I would set the minimum at 20 every two weeks, but I wouldn't punish them for falling under it. I would definitely give them a talking to about it though.. basically it's just duly noted, and if they stay in the danger zone long enough, well, they lose their admin.

NO LIVES! XD

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 05:42:32 AM »
The one thing about TTT is that sometimes its a hard game to play for a long time before getting full of it and stopping for a while. Everything from being inno for 5 rounds in a row to having bad traitor rounds and especially right now, the map cycle (minecraft, 67th way, richland, repeat!). 7.5 a week is good, 18 hours is quite high.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
Just to clarify that is one of the things we are NOT changing about CG is the minimum amount to play on the server.

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »
School. Work. Poop.
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline Sammy

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »
Just got this from smiffy, it's quite simple for some of us really.

Part 1 - The uselessness of the forums: My opinion is that the forums aren't really anything of importance to me in my admin work on the zm server, basically nothing is posted of relevance anything that is posted is usally relayed onto me by smiffy or arbys. The concept that forum activity and post count was based on admin application is just a joke, as long as we're doing a good job on the server what the hell difference does it make what the forums?

Part 2 - Popularity of the admins and the server: The server for zm is awkward, it crashes quite a number of times a day in which arbys has to restart it, the admin assistance messenger doesnt work for me at all so he is the only one we can contact and we usually notify him as soon as we notice. The server itself is usually populated and done so only by the 4 main admins in me smiffy pyro and arby, what do you expect to do without that? Another thing is many players play for our making the server fun and enjoyable; Making votes, keeping things sped up slaying/kicking inactives and playing music. If you kick us out of the admin people will inevitably ragequit the server and go to other servers like zFc which im sure nobody here would want, I myself have made more friends on the server than in other games combined, people there only play usually when an admin is on because they enjoy playing with us.

Part 3 - My reason for forum inactivity: Other than my thought of it being pointless, I do however have university and searching for a part-time job to attend. Before anyone says "Oh im at college and I'm still active" you can stuff right off cause University is like 20x more workload compared, with my other hobbies and activities as well as playing the zm server, the likeliness of my being able to check the forums is unrealistic.

Part 4 - I told you when I applied for admin my forum activity would be heavily restricted because of the university reason, you didn't seem to mind at the time!!!

You're just digging yourselves a hole by doing this, not helping Conjoint Gaming whatsoever.

Regards,
Sammeh^^ (Veteran admin for Conjoint ZM Server)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:22:57 PM by Sammy »
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
Just got this from smiffy, it's quite simple for some of us really.

Part 1 - The uselessness of the forums: My opinion is that the forums aren't relaly anything of importance to my in my admin work on the zm server, basically nothing is posted of relevance anything that is posted is usally relayed onto me by smiffy or arbys. The concept that forum activity and post count was based on admin application is just a joke, as long as we're doing a good job on the server what the hell difference does it make what the forums?

Part 2 - Popularity of the admins and the server: The server for zm is awkward, it crashes quite a number of times a day in which arbys has to restart it, the admin assistance messenger doesnt work for me at all so he is the only one we can contact and we usually notify him as soon as we notice. The server itself is usually populated and done so only by the 4 main admins in me smiffy pyro and arby, what do you expect to do without that? Another thing is many players play for our making the server fun and enjoyable; Making votes, keeping things sped up slaying/kicking inactives. If you kick us out of the admin people will inevitably ragequit the server and go to zFc which im sure nobody here would want, I myself have made more friends on the server than in other games combined, people there only play usually when an admin is on because they enjoy playing with us.

Part 3 - My reason for forum inactivity: Other than my thought of it being pointless, I do however have university and searching for a part-time job to attend. Before anyone says "Oh im at college and I'm still active" you can stuff right off cause University is like 20x more workload compared, with my other hobbies and activities as well as playing the zm server, the likeliness of my being able to check the forums is unrealistic.

Part 4 - I told you when I applied for admin my forum activity would be heavily restricted because of the university reason, you didn't seem to mind at the time!!!

You're just digging yourselves a hole by doing this, not helping Conjoint Gaming whatsoever.

Regards,
Sammeh^^ (Veteran admin for Conjoint ZM Server)

The way I see it, if you have time to play on the server you have time to check in on the forum.  When you're dead just shift+tab log in, and browse.

And you said the forums don't have anything of importance  to your admin, it's not just about admin, admins need to get to know the community.  I have no idea who the heck you are, same goes for a lot of people who don't post on forums.  It makes sense to me that people outside of zm should at least get to know who's in the other branches of the community, but if people don't post on the forums it won't happen.

By the way, in part 2 of your post, you sound very arrogant when you say everybody is going to ragequit the server if you lost your admin.  I'm not going to further comment on that.

My point is, you have almost been registered for a year and have 33 posts.  If someone tried, they could get that in two days.  We want players to register on the forums to help CG expand, if they love playing with the admins on zm so much they're probably going to be disappointed if they register and find half of them aren't active on the forums.  forum activity does = profit for CG via ads you know, you could at least view it as trying to support the community.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Admin should be viewed on hours played BEFORE forum activity.

"By the way, in part 2 of your post, you sound very arrogant when you say everybody is going to ragequit the server if you lost your admin.  I'm not going to further comment on that.
Arrogant eh? No wonder I don't go on when someone as rude as you is part of the community.
You wouldnt understand as you don't play the zm server, if you again bothered to read the entire post, the admins are very popular and quite a few people only really play when the admins are on. FOR EXAMPLE:

15:40 - Spade: Want to post something on my behalf real quick?
15:41 - Sammeh^^: Yeah I can bring it up in a post.
15:43 - Spade: ''You say admins need to get to know the community, but in the games that we play, all of us regulars are really attached to these admins. By being frequent players and great administrators they've helped keep the community in these games fun and fresh for people. Regardless of the amount that he's posted on the forums, he's a massive part in why that server still thrives. Most people would just switch over to one of the other top servers for the game if it wasn't for Sammy and Smiffys adminship.''
15:45 - Spade: Im pretty proud to be part of the community, if not for the awesome people, it's for the quality of the admins i've encountered... Most other servers dont have that, and thats what makes the CG ZM server really really special.
15:48 - Spade: Seen. Like, i look at my friends list now, and all except like 8 people are people who i met on the CG ZM server, and most of them still go on there to play because of you, arby, smiffy and pyro. You keep the community going, and without that, it's just a subpar zombie game where it's impossible to select your units as the zm.
15:48 - Spade: So i dont see the point in removing you guys for lact of forum activity

"My point is, you have almost been registered for a year and have 33 posts.  If someone tried, they could get that in two days.  We want players to register on the forums to help CG expand, if they love playing with the admins on zm so much they're probably going to be disappointed if they register and find half of them aren't active on the forums.  forum activity does = profit for CG via ads you know, you could at least view it as trying to support the community." Is what you say.

So CG only care for the profit? With people donating so much I don't see the need. Plus what has the money generated done for zm? We were told ages ago we were getting a new server and yet I don't seem to see anything on that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:49:09 PM by Sammy »
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal