Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: thenewboston Tutorials  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Whitellama

thenewboston Tutorials
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »
Hey. I've been pretty inactive lately, besides lurking around the forums, but I've recently started doing more programming like stuff, for example right now I'm learning how to program android apps. Either way, I figured I'd mention this pretty awesome guy on youtube, thenewboston, who does tutorials on pretty much everything. (Not really everything, but a lot of stuff.)

I use his tutorials for Java, but he also has tutorials for Building a computer, Adobe After Effects, Python, 3Ds Max 2010, Android Applications, Visual Basic, jQuery, JavaScript, C#, PHP, UDK, C++, C, Java Game Development, iPhone Development, Dreamweaver CS4, Computer Game Development, and even school stuff (like Algebra, Chemistry, Geometry, etc.)

Anyways, he teaches so much useful shit, with high quality videos, that I figured it would be a nice link for this almost-empty Tutorials section. He even recently quit his job to make tutorials full time, and he answers questions about the tutorials too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston

So I leave you with this. Have fun learning.

Offline ELBdelorean

Re: thenewboston Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:26:49 PM »
I do like his tutorials but sometimes they just feel too dumbed down. Meh, it's probably just me.
You are reading this sentence.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:26:49 PM »

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »
Yeah, that's true. A lot of people comment saying that some of the information is too redundant for people who have programmed in the past. Personally, I can entertain myself during the duration of the stuff I already know, like I usually go ahead and guess what he'll say to do next, or I'll count the number of times the guy says "for the most part" on the android app tutorials.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal