Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Training  (Read 2624 times)

Offline TowerSheep

Admin Training
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:10:43 AM »
I would like to start an Admin training program, especially for TTT. Below is what it will entail but first why. Due to recent events and my own admin experience, admins are given power with no real direction. As we have seen with Acecool, Exultion, and others abuse ensues with little to no direction. I don't think the other servers need much coaching but TTT really needs training.

What it should entail:
1. Trial Admins should be assigned a reg/vet (preferably vet) admin to teach them proper use of powers.
     - The assigned admins will have volunteered, so only people willing to teach will do so.
2. Trial Admins should be given a test at the end of the trial period to see if they are ready for regular admin powers.
     - Test the knowledge of the rules.
3. The adviser must feel that the trainee has shown proper judgment in tough situations.
     - I think this is necessary because they can know all the rules but choke under pressure.
4. Advisers must answer the same type of questions if they wish to take on Trials (assuming they did not go through the program)
     - A captain must never ask his men to do something he would not. The test would be written by the HA or someone of his choosing.

I would like to have a community vote about who should run the entire program. I would be willing to oversee it and teach as many people as I can. However, I understand if people feel some one else would be a better leader for this. I want to make CG a better place and I've been around long enough to put my bid in for real responsibility. Before we open this to the community vote, is it a good idea in the first place?

by Kwaurtz

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

Re: Admin Training
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »
Id say so, itd teach players the rules of TTT so they dont end up making many mistakes, and it would clear up what is or isnt in the rules

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »
I think this is a really bright idea. The rules for TTT are elaborate and complicated. I helped write our primary set and even I forget what particular rulings are half the time. I think this would do a lot of good.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:58 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me broski

Offline A.K Commando

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 02:23:51 AM »
I'm all for it.
To those who seek me out, beware. The Darkness is my friend and it shall aid me. Do not be distressed though as only those of evil intent need fear the writhing darkness. Only those of Pure intentions can find me and receive my help.

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 02:25:32 AM »
I don't play TTT, but this is definitely needed.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
It does. I was on the ZM server earlier and the admins (not sure who so I won't name names) were slapping the crap out of people to where it flooded the chat. So other games could use this program but this mostly aimed at TTT.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Yarou

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 02:42:26 AM »
dibs on towersheep.
fast talking admin

Offline Sly

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »
Seems like a great idea, I'm sure all of the players would feel better knowing that all of the admins will handle all situations with fair and just punishment.

Offline Ashes Relandi

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 03:41:13 AM »
I Vouch for this

Helps newer admins and prevents less abuse.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 03:44:09 AM »
HELL FU**ING YES!

+1

Offline Mudkipz

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:45 AM »
Sounds nice :)

So I heard you like Mudkipz...

Offline ninjarocket

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »
this sounds very good :)
I just simply don't care, and I say that with love <3

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »
I thought I remembered us doing this back in SKG

Either way, I think its a great idea, and could be used on every server.  Not just TTT

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »
so how would this work? would the trainer just spectate and tell them what to do? im all for it im just wondering how we are going to implement this
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal