Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Surf Server  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Surf Server
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
Their has been talk about turning the jailbreak server into a surf server

it is apparently self populating to a degree and zukuto can set it up

anyways any ideas?

Offline Blood

Re: Surf Server
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
<--- likes TF2 surf better than CSS surf

But yeah a surf server sounds great, i actually owned one once..

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
HELL YES!
Phim Bogason

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »
I've owned one too Blood :D

I like JB and all, but CG doesn't seem too excited about it,
plus, people don't really look specifically for full servers to surf in,
so a low population isn't always bad. PLUS, it caters to a different crowd,
and will be easier to populate.

Offline (=CG=) DoomBringerDANTE

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
Id rather have Jail Break. The problem with the JB is there is no Pizzaz. Nothing to stand out. TTT server stands out and drags people in because we have special things. Maybe instead of surf (Which will fail all the same) we should start adding some stuff to the JB server to make it more fun. *Cough* Selectable Skins *Cough* or more Lrs and Trails n' stuff like that. If you REALLY want peoploe in make an items shop where how long your playing allows you to buy, skins and start with free weapons.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Malkavian
Quotes From/About Malkavians:
"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen.  When a Malkavian acts, leave. 
When two Malkavians gather, run."
-Gangrel, on Malkavians------
"When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!" Malkavian saying---

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Id rather have Jail Break. The problem with the JB is there is no Pizzaz. Nothing to stand out. TTT server stands out and drags people in because we have special things. Maybe instead of surf (Which will fail all the same) we should start adding some stuff to the JB server to make it more fun. *Cough* Selectable Skins *Cough* or more Lrs and Trails n' stuff like that. If you REALLY want peoploe in make an items shop where how long your playing allows you to buy, skins and start with free weapons.

Wrong, JB failed not due to the fact that we don't have 'special items' it's because it's not structured well enough. Now, putting 'pizzaz' into the server will load it down, make it buggy, and over-all is NOT a good idea. Select-able skins is not really that good of an idea because it will confuse people, and make it harder to play. LR isn't restricted to the !lr command, you can make your own up, people just don't for some reason.

Now, you can't compare surf to JB because they 1. attract different people, and 2. don't rely on players to be in the server to attract people. I know you JUST got transfered over, and haven't had time to actually be an admin on the server, BUT, I don't think the JB will ever be successful, no matter how many CG members try. It's all about KEEPING a population, something that is becoming harder and harder to do with CSS.

Maybe someday we can do a Gmod JB server, because their player-base is a bit different than CSS.
But for now, JB is not something we need to sink resources into.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
I remember the days when I used to play lonesome on a surf server in HL2DM and loved it, mind you, it was 2008
Phim Bogason

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:41:48 AM »

Wrong, JB failed not due to the fact that we don't have 'special items' it's because it's not structured well enough. Now, putting 'pizzaz' into the server will load it down, make it buggy, and over-all is NOT a good idea. Select-able skins is not really that good of an idea because it will confuse people, and make it harder to play. LR isn't restricted to the !lr command, you can make your own up, people just don't for some reason.

Now, you can't compare surf to JB because they 1. attract different people, and 2. don't rely on players to be in the server to attract people. I know you JUST got transfered over, and haven't had time to actually be an admin on the server, BUT, I don't think the JB will ever be successful, no matter how many CG members try. It's all about KEEPING a population, something that is becoming harder and harder to do with CSS.

Maybe someday we can do a Gmod JB server, because their player-base is a bit different than CSS.
Putting pizzaz will not load it down and Why would optional skins become confusing? If your confused about typing !skins and pressing a number from 1-10 then what the hell are you doing in CSS? Seriously I have seen that the servers with the ability to chose skins/models do better than those that dont. 

"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 12:44:46 AM »

Putting pizzaz will not load it down and Why would optional skins become confusing? If your confused about typing !skins and pressing a number from 1-10 then what the hell are you doing in CSS? Seriously I have seen that the servers with the ability to chose skins/models do better than those that dont.

PIZZAZ
PIZZAZ
PIZZAZ

I like JB better than Surf, would never play if it was Surf.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 02:48:13 AM »
It's JB, if there is a bunch of skins, some people may get confused on who's a prisoner, and who's a guard. That's what I meant.

When it comes to adding 'pizzaz'(lol), we have to be wary, because TOO many plugins WILL result in them effecting eachother and becoming unstable. Usually when this happens, the server dies, and we have to either remove the plugins, or spend the next week coding fixes.

Surf is MUCH easier to manage than JB, can be more of a leisurely activity compared to JB, and is fun alone OR with people.

I'm not willing to do a bunch more work on the JB, because I don't see it going anywhere, even if we add selectable skins and flashy lights. If it hasn't taken off by now, I doubt it ever will.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
I'd play if we get one. Never actually played surf though.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 03:09:15 AM »
Surfs only good with RPG or WCS.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »
Phim Bogason

Offline Blood

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »

Maurice Moss

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
I'd preferred ZE or ZM + WCS instead of Surf or JB, but Surf is good aswell.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal