Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should we remove the "Mute Squeakers rule?"

Yes
8 (34.8%)
No
15 (65.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: June 11, 2011, 05:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.  (Read 10455 times)

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

Muting "Squeakers" Rule.
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
This rule is so low. We should not mute people because their voice is high pitched. I cannot believe this is a rule, i know it is on alot of other communitys but why ours. We were ALL young at one point and i don't know how many of you gamed when you were young but i did. I was told to "Stfu" and told to "Grow balls" because i was younger then the other gamers. We are a mature clan, we shouldn't be acting like this. I'm sure i'm not the only person that feels strongly about this. I will not mute people because of the tone of their voice, that is completely discrimination.

When i'm administrating TTT i notice alot of younger kids join and play just fine. When they talk they are barked at to get muted and to shut up. Most of the time the younger kids are more mature then the older ones. We are trying to expand this community as far as possible and telling these kids to "Shut up" because of their voice makes them feel unwanted there! That drops the population of our server(s). I don't know if this rules apply's to the other CG servers but i only play on the TTT one and i'd really like this rule to be removed.

If someone is spamming, flaming or trolling on the microphone they will get muted young or old.

Please look into this, think about it. I'd like for this to change.

Thank you.  ;D

Offline Guvnuh

Re: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »
This rule is so low. We should not mute people because their voice is high pitched. I cannot believe this is a rule, i know it is on alot of other communitys but why ours. We were ALL young at one point and i don't know how many of you gamed when you were young but i did. I was told to "Stfu" and told to "Grow balls" because i was younger then the other gamers. We are a mature clan, we shouldn't be acting like this. I'm sure i'm not the only person that feels strongly about this. I will not mute people because of the tone of their voice, that is completely discrimination.

When i'm administrating TTT i notice alot of younger kids join and play just fine. When they talk they are barked at to get muted and to shut up. Most of the time the younger kids are more mature then the older ones. We are trying to expand this community as far as possible and telling these kids to "Shut up" because of their voice makes them feel unwanted there! That drops the population of our server(s). I don't know if this rules apply's to the other CG servers but i only play on the TTT one and i'd really like this rule to be removed.

If someone is spamming, flaming or trolling on the microphone they will get muted young or old.

Please look into this, think about it. I'd like for this to change.

Thank you.  ;D

Clan
Clan
Clan

But in all seriousness I agree  parrot

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:38:26 AM »
Yes, i'm sorry. I mean't CLAN. I'm used to being in community's, its a habbit. Back onto topic.

Offline furiousjello

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:52:12 AM »
As far as I know the rule is not aimed at squeakers specifically, but instead at anyone who is excessively annoying to the majority of the server. It just so happens that squeakers annoy a lot of people so they are muted more often than not. Personally I hate the whole idea of mics built into the game, and when I gamed as a kid we didn't have that you had to use a third party program, which in my opinion is a hell of a lot better.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
As far as I know the rule is not aimed at squeakers specifically, but instead at anyone who is excessively annoying to the majority of the server. It just so happens that squeakers annoy a lot of people so they are muted more often than not. Personally I hate the whole idea of mics built into the game, and when I gamed as a kid we didn't have that you had to use a third party program, which in my opinion is a hell of a lot better.
Pretty much this ^

Though I understand your view and can agree on it slightly.

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:50 AM »
maybe they should just be less annoying  trollface
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:17:18 AM »
maybe they should just be less annoying  trollface
Sounds like a good way to solve the problem  trollface

Offline Blood

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »
Could everybody please get it through your thick fuckin' skulls that we are NOT A CLAN

back on topic

first of all their voices are annoying and nobody wants to hear an 11 year old talk on the mic about mostly irrelevant shit.

secondly its an M rated game, they shouldn't be playing it in the first place...

thirdly, Wait for your damn balls to drop and don't whine

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 03:13:30 AM »
we are a clan in disguise
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 03:16:14 AM »
I really don't care.

They're annoying

They aren't mature

and ultimately just muting them is the best choice.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Blood

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:41:19 AM »
This rule is so low. We should not mute people because their voice is high pitched. I cannot believe this is a rule, i know it is on alot of other communitys but why ours.
no no no..

we SHOULD mute people because their voice is high pitched because they DO need to stfu, nobody wants to hear them and they shouldn't be playing an M rated game. so basicly...

I really don't care.

They're annoying

They aren't mature

this.

sorry if im being a dick but seriously...

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 06:51:27 AM »
This rule is so low. We should not mute people because their voice is high pitched. I cannot believe this is a rule, i know it is on alot of other communitys but why ours.
no no no..

we SHOULD mute people because their voice is high pitched because they DO need to stfu, nobody wants to hear them and they shouldn't be playing an M rated game. so basicly...

I really don't care.

They're annoying

They aren't mature

this.

sorry if im being a dick but seriously...

Lol u mad bro?  trollface

But I agree with changing the rule.

The only time you should mute them is if they are fucking annoying, not if they just have a high pitched voice.

" M rated game"

Garrysmod isn't rated.  smug

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »
1: squeakers hardly ever have anything interesting to say and they are annoyng as fuck
2: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SQUEAKING!!
3: they almost always have extremely shitty mics.
4: We are a community of people who used to troll but don't do that anymore so, that behaviour comes back alot when squeakers are on.
5: it is garry's mod you either mute them or mute the ton of people complaining about them.

Offline Tennisballesser

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
1: squeakers hardly ever have anything interesting to say and they are annoyng as fuck
2: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SQUEAKING!!
3: they almost always have extremely shitty mics.
4: We are a community of people who used to troll but don't do that anymore so, that behaviour comes back alot when squeakers are on.
5: it is garry's mod you either mute them or mute the ton of people complaining about them.

I was never a troll  trollface

But yeah, thats the reaction on EVERY squeaker.
I only mute people when they are
a ) trolling
b ) annoying to majority
c ) micpspam
or
d ) are goddam squeaky ( not 13 or 14, but 9 )
00:37 - Leomire: YOU STOLE THAT MODEL FROM ZPS
00:37 - Leomire: lol jk
00:38 - Leomire: it looks exactly like zps
00:38 - Tennisballessser: ZPS Keyboard is black
00:38 - Tennisballessser: derpiderp
00:38 - Leomire: What you racist now?
00:38 - Leomire: I dont see color

Offline Boxman

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
I'll be the first to say even as a squeaker, I fucking hated squeakers... I never talked over the mic until my voice cracked and matured. There's no reason to talk when you're essentially unable to understand them or they can't show signs of maturity.

Garrysmod isn't rated.  smug
For the record, GMod is based off of Mature & Teen games, therefore making it M.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:04:57 AM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal