Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need of admins on TTT/Activity  (Read 6937 times)

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Need of admins on TTT/Activity
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Well from what I've seen today, TTT really needs some administration. Currently there is several problems

- Lack of admins (mostly in U.S. timezones)
- Proper administration (doing job, correct bans, etc)
- Inactivity

Those are the three major issues. I'll explain a bit on them first before going into the main subject.

As it stands I see little to no admins on the server, I know playing time could differ but we should have an admin on at all time with LITTLE to NO COMPLAINTS from the playerbase. This also ties in with inactivity. We have a handful of TTT admins right? Well WHERE ARE THEY? This is mainly directed at the U.S. admins for the most part.

Now about doing their job. I don't have much to say about this since I know little about how the jobs are being executed based off of only a couple overwhelmed admins being on. I will say if the whole server is bitching about one rdm then somethings not right (not aimed at Bers/Matthews though I'd like to say good job for atleast being on in such hectic times) Punishment could also be improved with stricter enforcement but that's not much of an issue at the moment.

And finally I'd like to add this, please apply for admin. We are very short on them from the looks of it and could probably use your help. Current admins, recommend some people for admin and bring them over here to the forums to apply if they've been on our server for awhile. Also admins on other servers, feel free to throw up an app for TTT if you can handle it. I've seen plenty of you but surprisingly none of you have applied for the TTT server.

B.E.R.S.~4:20

Re: Need of admins on TTT/Activity
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
I try my hardest to admin on the TTT server but it is very overwhelming being the only admin on a full server and its gotten to the point that TTT is no fun anymore... :-\ It will take either less player slots or more admins for TTT to even sound appealing to me again.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »

Offline JALsnipe

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Yeah bers, I saw what was going on today and it's really hard to be the only admin on in a situation like that.  I'd apply but I'm not ready to make this kind of commitment.  I know we have a few new guys interested in becoming admins on the TTT server, and they look promising.

I'll direct people to the forum if the have a ban/rdm complaint and no admins are around.
Encoder, Admin and OP at #ClassicNickShows on DejaToons, TF2 Player

Pretty sure Jal can just get whatever position he wants lol.
Some of WholeGrain's Brightest Moments:
Quote from: WholeGrain
I'm sitting in my underwear right now because my fucking buttcheeks itch!

Oh and now my ball sack is starting to get that feeling!

go retire before your knees turn from a solid to a liquid

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »
Shouldn't the head admin be pointing this out?

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:09:47 AM »
Maybe but I felt the need this really needs to be brought up. Cause during the day, the server is absolute shit. RDM and mic spam everywhere.

B.E.R.S.~4:20

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:13:07 AM »
Maybe but I felt the need this really needs to be brought up. Cause during the day, the server is absolute shit. RDM and mic spam everywhere.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »
But we are a friendly and open community! We have to be nice and let everyone in and encourage that little kids join. You are trying to force one problem fixed while not allowing people to fix it the way that its always been done.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:16:38 AM »
But we are a friendly and open community! We have to be nice and let everyone in and encourage that little kids join. You are trying to force one problem fixed while not allowing people to fix it the way that its always been done.
Wrong thread?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:17:33 AM »
Wrong thread?

No, right thread. The two are correlated. Think about it.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
1. More people need to advertise, i've advertised alot for europe time zones and made a pretty decent amount of admins that take that period of time, but I am gonna try to take an all nighter sometime this weekend and see where it leads. 2. This is not only for me this is for every admin and CL, ADVERTISE spend some hours in the servers and try to have things go fluently, people will come if you advertise normally.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »
If TTT needs admins I'll help, but I'd need some type of training, cause I'm only vaguely familiar with TTT. I've played plenty of times, but never understood it completely. Just a suggestion, not trying to act desperate, just putting it out there, I've got nothing to do from 3:30pm-12am everyday..

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
(mostly in U.S. timezones)
I can go and check (US timezone)
Around 3 AM to 3 PM MAX.

3 PM is 10 PM in Holland. I need to get up very EARLY to get in time for school.
PS: How much EU admins are there?
I only know; Jorgen, symbolz and pwned. (and Tennisballesser if he applies)

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
Acecool, Megadave and bers work morning shift EU time.
most of the above do normal EU time to oddly enough, boxman as far as i've seen has this time to.
night time EU is basically US time so it is one of the areas that are not so covered

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 12:01:31 PM »
Acecool, Megadave and bers work morning shift EU time.
most of the above do normal EU time to oddly enough, boxman as far as i've seen has this time to.
night time EU is basically US time so it is one of the areas that are not so covered
Redirecting:
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/?topic=3746.msg51391;topicseen#new
My admin app...

Offline toast

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »
1st thing ban all the little kids that keep making bogus rdm claims. That will get rid of 60-70 percent rdm claims. Drop the server to 20 slots and get another server that has 20 slots. Problem solved.
(=CG=) devis007: ADMIN FOR ALL GAMES EHE DONT STOP INSULT ME DO SOMTHING!!!!!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal