Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shutdown  (Read 5080 times)

Online Inject OH 4

Re: Shutdown
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:23 AM »
I dislike ZPS its a crappy game and i have little interest in it however some of our members are kind of from it.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
Okay. The mod is NOT dead.

It's retardedly easy to populate the server. I haven't played in about 2 weeks or so, but everytime I did play, it was easy to get the server populated. We had a full server for at least an hour or two, on multiple occasions.

It's fucking easy.

THE PROBLEM: Dedicated admins. I have so much shit going on I rarely have time to sit down and wait for the server to get populated, nor the Patience to do so anymore. It's not that I don't care, it's just.. I don't know.

I used to be able to stay on zps for 10 hours a day, keeping it populated. That's how it flourished back in the day. When we had Chris, Junk, Dino, Doc, and all the others on all the time, it flourished. Now that there is little to no interest in keeping the game alive, and everyone has moved on, it's dead, practically.

I apologize for not being there for it as much as I would like to, but I have to admit, I like not spending 10 hours a day in my room on the computer. Plus I've been working on getting my GED (will have it next week I belief.), and essentially, living outside my room. xD It's nice to get out more and have fun. Plus the new room I've been in gets hot and nasty, and it's no fun to sit at my desk for more than an hour.

Perhaps if I ever situate my room the way I'd like, and fix up my computer, I would be of more use to CG, and might be able to start gaming more frequently. Maybe I could wipe my Hard Drive and see if I can get CP and shit working...

TLDR

ZPS needs active admins to stay alive, and it's easy to populate. I've been busy, my b.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »

Offline Scotty

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »
OMFG...

will u see in a situation like this, its not a matter of right or wrong, its not a matter of should we shut it down, or no way it stays up, its a matter of what it did for this community, it brought so many of us here it brought me, tk, and i will be willing to bet 50 bucks at least 20 more of u, i know it can be completely boring sitting their waiting for it to populate but u see the fact is that it really isnt that hard. i know for a fact that it is as simple as a couple clicks with the mouse. all u have to do is go through ur friends list and invite a couple people to help u start the server up, i for one always had patty to help me and then tk and doc would come join us and it just starts to slowly populate, but when one person decides to give up then other people start thinking ya this is stupid, lets go somewhere else.

and pillz u know what dont worry u have a life and so does everyone else in this dam community okay. i think i can speak for just about every single person here when i say that hey we all have a life that doesnt revolve around a computer, their is an outside world u know its just beyond that bedroom window of yours. noone expects u to dedicate 10 or 16 hours to any server, just as long as u give it a try for maybe an 1 or 2, u dont even need to be admin to help populate a server all u have to do is invite people and be patience.

and dont think i dont know, u know the very very first time i ever set foot in any of CGs server (zps), i was welcomed and everyone was talking, saying "FUCKKKKK U BITCH I HATE U WHITEY" and "OMFG HES A PICKLE, HES INFECTED SHOOT HIM NOW". doesnt any buddy remember those days, cause i sure do, u know after my first day in zps i knew just about half the admins, i even met wholegrain briefly, every single admin i met has become a great friend to me and u know from then on whenever i came into the server i was greated with a "HEY SCOTTY WATS UP BRO" or  "HEY SCOTTY WELCOME BACK" and from that day forward i became a part of CG, i loved those old days and u know wat i think whats happening here is that some people are just depressed or think that its dead and gay, because noones on.

u see i know that if everyone here would just give it a shot, including u dino, wholegrain, inject and anyone else who has doubts just think back when all u heard was the laughter of ur fellow CG bros, having FUN and just having a really good time with some old/good friends. dont kill it if u kill it ur not just going to be killing the server but ur going to kill a part of this community. all we have to do is scroll down that friends list and search and search for those old timers and those great friendly voices.

u know the one thing that i loved about turning on my computer early morning and coming onto the zps server, was the instant invites i got and the instant "HEY", and the one thing i loved the most was hearing the yelling and screaming of the little kids with the sqeaky voices and the "omg seriously did u just break my barricade, HEY HEY IS THEIR AN ADMIN ON" lol dont u remember that guys, just remove the dust from ur ears and listen.

SCOTTY OUT!

and yes i do realize the lateness of this post and topic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:20:40 AM by Scotty »
keep it kool, keep it simple, and keep it on the down low.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11:26 AM »
OMFG...

will u see in a situation like this, its not a matter of right or wrong, its not a matter of should we shut it down, or no way it stays up, its a matter of what it did for this community, it brought so many of us here it brought me, tk, and i will be willing to bet 50 bucks at least 20 more of u, i know it can be completely boring sitting their waiting for it to populate but u see the fact is that it really isnt that hard. i know for a fact that it is as simple as a couple clicks with the mouse. all u have to do is go through ur friends list and invite a couple people to help u start the server up, i for one always had patty to help me and then tk and doc would come join us and it just starts to slowly populate, but when one person decides to give up then other people start thinking ya this is stupid, lets go somewhere else.

and pillz u know what dont worry u have a life and so does everyone else in this dam community okay. i think i can speak for just about every single person here when i say that hey we all have a life that doesnt revolve around a computer, their is an outside world u know its just beyond that bedroom window of yours. noone expects u to dedicate 10 or 16 hours to any server, just as long as u give it a try for maybe an 1 or 2, u dont even need to be admin to help populate a server all u have to do is invite people and be patience.

and dont think i dont know, u know the very very first time i ever set foot in any of CGs server (zps), i was welcomed and everyone was talking, saying "FUCKKKKK U BITCH I HATE U WHITEY" and "OMFG HES A PICKLE, HES INFECTED SHOOT HIM NOW". doesnt any buddy remember those days, cause i sure do, u know after my first day in zps i knew just about half the admins, i even met wholegrain briefly, every single admin i met has become a great friend to me and u know from then on whenever i came into the server i was greated with a "HEY SCOTTY WATS UP BRO" or  "HEY SCOTTY WELCOME BACK" and from that day forward i became a part of CG, i loved those old days and u know wat i think whats happening here is that some people are just depressed or think that its dead and gay, because noones on.

u see i know that if everyone here would just give it a shot, including u dino, wholegrain, inject and anyone else who has doubts just think back when all u heard was the laughter of ur fellow CG bros, having FUN and just having a really good time with some old/good friends. dont kill it if u kill it ur not just going to be killing the server but ur going to kill a part of this community. all we have to do is scroll down that friends list and search and search for those old timers and those great friendly voices.

u know the one thing that i loved about turning on my computer early morning and coming onto the zps server, was the instant invites i got and the instant "HEY", and the one thing i loved the most was hearing the yelling and screaming of the little kids with the sqeaky voices and the "omg seriously did u just break my barricade, HEY HEY IS THEIR AN ADMIN ON" lol dont u remember that guys, just remove the dust from ur ears and listen.

SCOTTY OUT!

and yes i do realize the lateness of this post and topic.

server has actually been doing pretty good recently

glad to see you still stop by scotty ^.^ and still care

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »
i can tell you that even if we would add maps the server will die probably we should add some other server like css or sumthin like that cause zps is tottaly dead noone playes it takes  6-8 hrs to populate and as soon i leave the population dies

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »
and the dev team tottaly ruined the gameplay i have hardly any friends who play zps anymore i used to have like 100+ but now everyone left zps cause the  dev dosent give a shit about that game anymore probably

Offline Pillz

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
and the dev team tottaly ruined the gameplay i have hardly any friends who play zps anymore i used to have like 100+ but now everyone left zps cause the  dev dosent give a shit about that game anymore probably

That was definitely their mindset when they tried to listen to us and fix things we'd been complaining about. ZPS players are the most pessimistic people I swear to god, I LOVE THIS GAME BUT THE DEVS FUCK EVERYTHING UP AND DONT CARE AND-

I dunno. I don't play computer games besides GTA:SA really at this point. Probably because I have gamefly now..

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
Meh, I see little difference between ZPS back when I played to how it is now. Frankly I think it's people just getting bored of the game/getting over it. ZPS populates pretty well actually. Takes VERY little effort at all compared to TF2

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
Meh, I see little difference between ZPS back when I played to how it is now. Frankly I think it's people just getting bored of the game/getting over it. ZPS populates pretty well actually. Takes VERY little effort at all compared to TF2

Agreed, you just have to know how to do it right, it's a delicate art.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 12:06:29 AM »
WOW my mind went back to me when i seen Scottys Post.

Anyways we need some of the dam mods changed so we can talk as a Spec.

it is really hard to say anything but yea get us spec chat back.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »
I've put atleast 20hrs on (Info from game tracker) and admittiveably it does take a while to populate the server sure. But if you want people to join the server, get the pre-existing players that are already on and add them to join the CG group. This is basically invite advertisement, so the players are tempted to part take in Cg's server and such.

And yes I am an admin although im not listed as one yet i have powers. And yes i have been away, mainly because i have a hard time with my problems and withdrawal and that i have lots of school summartives and exams to work on. But im just the one, theres few more admins who can do what i do but better.

FFS, too long too tired. Ahh i had a thought dammit. how many admins we got on ZPS btw?

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »
i hope it doese better now cause i added quake sound and custom maps

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »

lol.

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
quake sounds added rank added and server gets populated better than earlyer :D:D:D

Offline Pillz

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
quake sounds added rank added and server gets populated better than earlyer :D:D:D

So wait you JUST added custom maps? That's what I had jorgen do like right before I was demoted, I just updated the map cycle file instead of the map list file or something like that, because they work backwards on our server.. and never got the chance to fix it- So there should be a bunch in there already.

Rank doesn't change flow of players IMO. My year straight or so of working a server in ZPS, people rarely pay attention to the name of the server, or whether or not they have rank. Because everyone who wants to know if a server has rank, plays on it first, then types !rank, and then you have the people who d/c upon finding out we don't have it. If we do have it, they run to a nice camping spot and work their hardest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal