Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reform Needed  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Reform Needed
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
Pillz this is mainly directed at you but the zps server is really dead and their are a few options we can review like breaking the map list down to about 5-8 maps like harvest cinema etc....

on top of that some of the maps like platforms were added to the server but not to fast download server so people got disconnected

Zps is in need of a major map overhaul to allow easier population or better leadership and consistency

mainly put either get more people to put in time on the server (not very efficient strategy the way it is setup right now)

OR

get map list setup so that it can self populate and self maintain with little to no input of cg human resources

This is a new strategy the days of us choosing our perfect zps server with loads of fun custom maps (not popular ones) and having a steady player base are over we are now more so a little known zps server and have little options to choose from

I want community and leadership input on this (making a similar thread about this for the zombie master server)

Offline Global_Meltdown

Re: Reform Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »
Just wanted to say I think stock maps are the way to go. Keep some special maps on an admin list, but keep the rtv/map cycle to stock or popular maps at least.

We should survey game monitor ZPS servers that are doing well, and take note of those maps but to keep a style with a different flavor to offer so not to bore the ZPS population. No one needs another lake map server :P

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »
Just wanted to say I think stock maps are the way to go. Keep some special maps on an admin list, but keep the rtv/map cycle to stock or popular maps at least.

We should survey game monitor ZPS servers that are doing well, and take note of those maps but to keep a style with a different flavor to offer so not to bore the ZPS population. No one needs another lake map server :P

You can NEVER have enough lake maps. 

DiG has a 24/7 lake server

It makes me want to jizz all over it.......

mmmm.....lake varieties......

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
Dirty you and I have total opposite taste in maps :P lawl  no hard feelings bro :)

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline Patty Cakes

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
Do we have new maps? I see none on the nominate thing :(

And I agree with lake maps ;)
People want to see new maps.

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Dirty you and I have total opposite taste in maps :P lawl  no hard feelings bro :)

no hard feelings bro.  I know most ppl hate lake lol.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »

no hard feelings bro.  I know most ppl hate lake lol.

Lake of the Dead is the only good lake map, all the rest are meh.
Phim Bogason

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
the best maps are ( silent skies,redqueen,church siege) theres more but i took exaples what will populate server but yea onetime i wanted to play zps went in server looked what map i can nominate and only 1 map that would populate was armory every other map basicly kills the server so yea+ theres not alot of plugins and shit aswell

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
go play it should be updated =)

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »
*yawns*
Phim Bogason

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
Lol i just read your name community furry general..... hmm idk. we need more people........

Offline Patty Cakes

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »

WOWOWOWOWOWWO...hold it one sec...church is the most annoying map in the whole game hell it's even worse than that map based on that spanish movie i think it was quarantine?
[/quote]

cuarentena.... Jesus bad map

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 12:18:03 AM »
Its quarantina;

The server, well almost all the ZPS that i know are going down like we are. The Re-Decline of ZPS.

Solutions would be:
1) a 24/7 fun/death trap map
2) The status quo...

Aside: Not sure why im not up on admin list even though i re-admin app'd and still have admin powers.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
I don't understand why platforms and other maps would be in rotation, though I did put them on the list of maps to upload. I was going to add bzips later, but didn't really want them on rotation/nominate.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Patty Cakes

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »
Since I'm trial admin, I can't see any of the maps not on the map rotation and pick them to populate the server :/
So I just stopped going on because the only map I would get people to join was armory.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal