Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Forum Activity  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Sejo Mino

Re: Admin Forum Activity
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 04:16:50 AM »
wow this forum this is still up.... well lets get to the point... ya idk.... ok the 10 post thing is easy just start replyin to all the threads u see or like or make up your own....

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 04:45:33 AM »
Honestly I haven't done anything different. If I have a desire to post I do if I don't I don't If im busy im busy. Thats all. :/
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 04:45:33 AM »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 04:49:51 AM »
I post whatever comes to mind. I always keep track of the newest posts.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
i mainly pay attention to the admin/gaming section
Phim Bogason

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
i didnt mean post EVERY DAY
but the forums tracks
how many posts since you registered

so registerd 30 days ago and only posted 15 times it would be .5 posts a day average
its 1 post a day average not 1 post a day EVERYDAY you can go as many days without posting as long as you don't go under the 1. mark

G-man

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 02:50:53 AM »
WELL, back then he posted liek a madman.

Anyway, I too think admins should be more active on the forums. Even participating in the most annoying and spammiest of spam threads would show some commitment. ;D

Offline Lord Ice

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
Sorry been busy with my work shop extra curriculars i finally getting time to get on

G-man

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 03:28:36 AM »
So yeah, I also think the rule of requiring an average of 1 post a day should take effect. Rather, it should be at least 3 - 5.

Offline Holy

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 04:15:13 AM »
The purpose of an admin is the enforce the rules on the server. Yes, being active on the forums is important, however, I believe it is more important an admin is active ingame.

Just because an admin doesn't post doesn't mean that admin isn't browsing the forums and keeping up to date with it. Spamming the forums with posts doesn't benefit the forums either.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »
its a post a day its like not even 5 mins of your time XD

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:01 AM »
unless your a slow typer
Phim Bogason

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »
then u probably dont play gmod css or tf2 or wouldnt care to join cg
slower typers =/= gamers

G-man

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »
The purpose of an admin is the enforce the rules on the server. Yes, being active on the forums is important, however, I believe it is more important an admin is active ingame.

Just because an admin doesn't post doesn't mean that admin isn't browsing the forums and keeping up to date with it. Spamming the forums with posts doesn't benefit the forums either.

You are so right about the spam. XD
Yes, I agree that an admins' job revolves around in-game moderation but it is also important to be a part of the community you joined. It shouldn't be the top priority for admins, but it shouldn't be neglected either. Yes, your post count does not determine how great of an admin you are, but it does show a little commitment to being active. The forum is really where people get to know you, your posts become permanent and there are tons of threads you can throw your opinions and ideas into, lots of places you can describe your interests, hobbies, dislikes, pet peeves, and just yourself in general. A community would definitely be hard to manage if it were full of people you hardly knew (or only knew in-game)
I also agree that forum-spamming has no real benefit to the community either; it' s just fun (for me, :P).
Being on every minute of everyday to catch those hackers/trolls/mic-spammers is quite difficult when you have school to go to; and when there, the only thing you can do is use is the forum. So yeah, I think at least SOME posts would be nice to see from the player.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
Hmm.  Thought my post levels were fine.  And, considering I now have nasty computer issues (netbooks wont run Steam and the gaming laptop is dead) and I have temporarily resigned until things get better, I guess I don't have to worry about posting. 

In most cases, the only posts I could do are things which are useless, and people complain about anyway, like spam comments, as there is very little to post on, about, for in the forum.

Does shout boxing count?

But hey, I can throw a few  parrot jawdrop quagmire bandwagon chrisfavsmiley on a few topics if that is what it takes.

Or perhaps necro a few, too...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:20:15 PM by Cadaver »

Offline OMG_ZombiePenguin

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 02:20:14 AM »
^agree parrot

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 02:20:14 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal