Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: portal 2  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: portal 2
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
Exactly. It's design was pure genius, it deserves every bit of attention it got.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »
on a semi related note we should totally get a TF2 server when the "Team Portress" mod goes public.  It is shaping up to be awesome :D

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
portal no real story line
not that good of a game

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 01:06:39 AM »
portal no real story line
not that good of a game
No story line? What game did you play? It has an extreme story line. Did you not play half life 2 episode 2? Appature science Interlinks. And Portal 2 has even more. GRANTED it does focus alot on puzzle play but it does have a story line. More so then left 4 dead!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
It has a story line. It may not be that deep, and there aren't many cut scenes, but there's a storyline.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »
LOL storyline my ass
i mean like cut scenes or something interesting that tells me something
im 17/19 of the way done and i have been to the end before u just get flung into fire
explain the plot of portal 1 please?
besides being a test subject in a maze
i just played it today cause i figured maybe i missed something

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »
u didnt miss anything.  Portal is an over hyped mod, not a full game...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
The storyline is actually hilarious, aperture science was created by Cave Johnson. Aperture used to just be a company for designing shower curtains that appear more hygenic. When Cave was exposed to mercury his kidneys soon began to fail and he recieved brain damage. On his death bed, he came up with a 3 tier plan to help future benefit Aperture, or something..

* Tier 1: The Heimlich Counter-Maneuver - "A reliable technique for interrupting the life-saving Heimlich Maneuver." In other words, ensure choking.

* Tier 2: The Take-A-Wish Foundation - "A charitable organization that will purchase wishes from the parents of terminally ill children and redistribute them to wish-deprived but otherwise healthy adults." It counters the real-life Make-A-Wish Foundation, designed to grant wishes to terminally ill children.

* Tier 3: The 'Portal' project - As said by Johnson when it was first laid lout: "Some kind of rip in the fabric of space... That would... Well, it'd be like, I don't know, something that would help with the shower curtains I guess. I haven't worked this idea out as much as the wish-taking one." This is what will become the 'Portal' project, involving the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device and its creation of portals.

Basically, one of their employees actually makes some progress on the third tier, they start working on that, then Black Mesa starts working on similar technology, in response Aperture begins work on GlaDoS, once activated she kills practically everyone, they install a morality core, then blablabla, Chell is a test subject.

Doug Rattman designed the Disk Operating System and more for GlaDoS, then is a forced subject later, he creates the little Rattman holes you find in the game.

Anyway, full story here.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Aperture_Science

Offline Hollow

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »
I havent even finished Portal 1.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »
It takes like an hour to beat it, what's the hold up? lol

Offline JuNk^m@st3r

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 04:55:50 AM »
imo the only people who don't like portal, couldn't figure out the puzzles.

Not quite right, I DON*T like protal but have never tried it, god damn the worst looking game play ive EVER seen....   LOLZOR
^^AND I SAY LOLZOR AND U CANT DO SH*T ABOUT IT!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 05:43:27 AM »
I didn't think Portal was all that special really. I understood it.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Not quite right, I DON*T like protal but have never tried it, god damn the worst looking game play ive EVER seen....   LOLZOR

How does the gameplay look bad? o.O

I didn't think Portal was all that special really. I understood it.

Yeah, it really isn't that special, just everyone really likes it and made it into memes and stuff. Not everyone likes it though I guess.

G-man

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:04 AM »
I played through the first Portal quite fast, and I enjoyed every bit of it, so I'm really looking forward to the next game. I heard that the Portal 2 will have a multiplayer-mode, which sounds pretty kickass; co-operative 'portaling' and shit.
Imagine a DEATHMATCH with Portal Guns, now THAT'D be fucking crazy!

Oh yeah, when do you find out her name is Chell? I've played through the game several times and GLaDOS just refers to her as INSERT SUBJECT NAME or something.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:50 AM »
I believe the game never really tells you. But everywhere online calls her Chell and Valve refers to her as Chell. So that's her name.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:50 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal