CG Gaming Section > Hidden: Source

Banned?????

(1/2) > >>

r3agan:
I haven't played this game in 4-5 years and I tried to join one of your servers and said I was banned. Would like to know why. I don't cheat or hack so what is it.

Ozborne:
You were banned by a Community Leader under the name of Inject. As far as I can see the ban reason is "banned_user.cfg import", and if you hadn't played the game in that amount of time please explain why you were banned 5-16-14? Anyways, I suggest you post a appeal!

r3agan:
No idea, like I said played this years ago when it first came out and DL again yesterday. Really was just curious, the ban hasn't stopped me from playing. The guys I play with said maybe it was from 4 years ago I said no way so just trying to find out.

Red:
After doing a minimal amount of digging with this guy's steamid I found that he was banned 4-5 years ago for teamkilling on another server... I can't remember which one, maybe it was "people that game" or w/e. Anyways, all of the other bans I found on his steamid proved to be imported bans. This means that they were copied from one place/banlist and imported to another one. This means that, likely when Inject was re-creating the sourcebans he imported some bans from other hidden servers. This would make so that R3agen, who was banned years ago for teamkilling would be said to have been banned on the Conjoint Gaming servers rather recently. I don't know if I should clarify that anymore, but if there is confusion I suppose I could do so.

All in all, he was banned over 4-5ish years ago on a completely different server. I recommend he be unbanned, but that's just a suggestion. Do whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Pyro:
Yup, imported ban, Inject wasn't the one who banned him though.

I think he also imported banned_user.cfg with a bunch of Hidden: Source hackers. But I believe also the old bans from the Hidden server way back.

I guess we can give him a chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version