Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Becoming an admin  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Becoming an admin
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »
If you really want to be admin, then you should post some ban reports on anyone you find that breaks the rules. Because it's all well and good wanting to become admin. But there's wanting to be admin for the sake of it, and wanting admin to help out. You're... eagerness is most common in people of the former. So hence my reservations.

Your*

Again, he only ever asked for admin because I noticed immediately he was a nicer guy than the regulars and told him we were looking for help. It was then I told him he should play on the server for a week or two and make a few posts on the forums before applying and he did. He made his application because I told him too, and today he was asking about having at least the mute and kick commands and I explained I can't really do that unless he gets admin and he wanted to know if he'd ever have a shot at it at all; so with my permission he made this thread to see what the deal is, because I'm curious as well.

He hasn't posted the ban requests he made to me on the forums, but he privately sent me two separate reports of hackers on the servers that I looked into, and banned. He's also called me into the server plenty of times to mute spammers, and to kick/ban rule breakers. There aren't that many in ZPS though, I've seen less than 20 hackers on our ZPS server over the past 3-4 years and most rulebreakers are just micspammers. It's a SIMPLE server to administrate and Smiley is more capable of being admin than some of our Veteran admins who have had spouts of inactivity amongst other problems.

He's had a lot of insightful input he's posted on new maps and the removal of others, if you check his posts. He happily greets every player who joins the server and suggests occasionally that people register on our forum to join CG. He's going to be on our server EIGHT HOURS EVERY DAY this Christmas break while I won't even be on 1/10th of that. Shit, he should be HA. (Just kidding, that's my forever job.)

Already, he is a better admin than some of the admins in CG; who just play the game semi-regularly and don't contribute aside from an occasional ban or kick. Of course he "WANTS" admin, he feels helpless without it and has to wait for me to come online to mute/ban people and when he has to play for 4 hours before I can come on and mute the kids screaming into their mics. Because he wears our tag and enforces the rules so much; PEOPLE ALREADY THINK HE'S AN ADMIN. I told him early on that I thought he'd have the chance to be an admin soon if he plays actively and does good; and he's been doing his best.

He would be glad to live without having admin, but only if other admins take his place. I have a feeling we're not going to get any more enthusiastic players on ZPS in a long time.

TLDR He is the epitome of wanting admin to help out.

I've seen this feller' a lot on zps and I know he tries to help out with the CG server.
But I do think that the he needs to wait the 6 months.
I'm getting lazy explaining...

Aside from formality and it being a longtime CG rule; is there any reason we should wait? I mean I agree we SHOULD wait but what exactly does waiting SIX months even do?

I mean I guess I'm fine with continuing to have no admins, but it's been a long time since we've had a new one and it's been years since anyone was as active as him.. Kind of desperate to keep the server I guess.

Well like I said on his admin application, he's going to be representing CG.
Because right now, he's already has issues with other communities/clans relating to ZPS.
Obviously this makes CG looks bad if becomes admin. We'd be harboring a hacker and such.
If he wants admin that badly he should honestly wait, people will forget. Patience is a virtue.

This is true, although he did play under a different name when he was banned.. as long as he's connected to that SteamID though I guess it doesn't matter.

I just feel like the past will be the same in 4-5 months and that's four months where we could of had one of the most active admins we've ever had. I do agree with you though, this is just so incredibly inconvenient for the ZPS server, him and I. I don't imagine CG can look too much worse than it already does after recent events but I guess every little bit helps.

I feel like after pushing for Crypto's unban people will start to think I don't care about the rules, but at least with Smiley we'd be getting some serious help.

How about this, instead of waiting another 4 months for his hacking in October(which just seems pointless to me anyway, but eh), how about we just wait the two months he needs to wait to reapply? That way he can continue playing with CG and people can join ZPS and hang out with him and I; and he can reapply in February?

This way it's not as ridiculous of a timeframe to wait; and perhaps if he donates or something I can give him the power to mute as a perk?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
Alright, 2 months seems reasonable. I've trust your judgement over these years and you've never been wrong.
I've always had my doubts about him for admin, but there are no better, or other candidates.

Good Luck Smiley, Hope to play zps with you, preferably not a deathrun map.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »
Alright, 2 months seems reasonable. I've trust your judgement over these years and you've never been wrong.
I've always had my doubts about him for admin, but there are no better, or other candidates.

Good Luck Smiley, Hope to play zps with you, preferably not a deathrun map.
It is because dox can't use his haxor powerz. Also I agree with the 2 month wait period, it will give us time and not make it ridiculously long wait time. ZPS doesn't really have a lot of admins like TTT. XP

Offline Smiley

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:03 AM »
So yeah i will wait two months to at least be a trial admin. I really do enjoy playing the Zombie Panic source server. Doc you should play tomorrow with me if you see me on.  parrot

Offline CannonFodder

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »
I'd say yes from hearing all the good things you helped and no because of hacking... :-\ but youll have my vote
Spirit

Offline Smiley

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
Thanks cannon but its all late gotta wait 2 months!  ;D

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal