Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Becoming an admin  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Smiley

Becoming an admin
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
So i'm here again, i just wanted to ask everyone's opinion if i should be a admin or not. I understand that you guys hate the hackers in game and i just wanted to apologize for hacking back then and i wont do it anymore. I really want to be admin because i'm in the server everyday for at least like 5-8 hours and watching the button spammers, mic spammers and hackers. I want to be a admin soon to take care of all of those problems. I know it's only been a few weeks but I just want to know if I even have a chance at becoming admin because I'd really like to help out more.

Offline oobla37

Re: Becoming an admin
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »
We kind of have a zero tolerance policy for hacking. I vote no.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
We kind of have a zero tolerance policy for hacking. I vote no.

Zero tolerance?
No Cheating / Vac Bans, Hacking, trolling, or Minging other communities, or clans within the last 6 months or of CG at any time.

Seems time based, and given ZPS's state and his helpfulness as of late; I'd be willing to look the other way given the community is okay with it. We could wait five or six months though, if Smiley would be willing to wait that long that is. He's helped ban at least two hackers so far, and has kept the server more alive than it's ever been since I first started playing ZPS. I'd really like to give him a chance.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:30:16 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
I'm completely fine with him being an admin.

Offline Red

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
I'm completely fine with him being an admin.
Same, keep your nose clean and I think you'll be a great admin
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »
Don't we have a thing about waiting 3 months or so before reapplying? He applied 29/30th of Nov, so it should probably stay til 29th/30th of Jan.

And the bans from what I've seen are mostly been from within six months. Using US MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY. And even some using normal DMY. So again, you're either going to stick with formalities, or remove that for everyone.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Smiley

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
I'm not reapplying day i'm just asking everyone's opinion.

Offline Smiley

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »
Today*

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »
Just FYI, there's a modify button to the right of your post. You should use it instead of double-posting.

On-topic, asking us for our opinion isn't really going to do anything. Just as long as you follow rules/regs, and prove yourself to be a viable choice. Then that's when you can think about it. That's what you should be aiming for if you'd like to apply.

So TL;DR wait a few months until bans are past 6 months (most of which are or nearly are, just one that's most recent. So it should be close). Prove yourself a good player and then we'd all be happy to see how you do.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
Just FYI, there's a modify button to the right of your post. You should use it instead of double-posting.

On-topic, asking us for our opinion isn't really going to do anything. Just as long as you follow rules/regs, and prove yourself to be a viable choice. Then that's when you can think about it. That's what you should be aiming for if you'd like to apply.

So TL;DR wait a few months until bans are past 6 months (most of which are or nearly are, just one that's most recent. So it should be close). Prove yourself a good player and then we'd all be happy to see how you do.

I mean he's already proved himself to me to be a good player, and some of the bans aren't even his but his cousins who gave him the account. He's got WAY more than the standard 7.5 hours per week and has helped so much; it's kind of ridiculous IMO that the most obvious candidate for admin can't apply for another four months.

Don't we have a thing about waiting 3 months or so before reapplying? He applied 29/30th of Nov, so it should probably stay til 29th/30th of Jan.

And the bans from what I've seen are mostly been from within six months. Using US MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY. And even some using normal DMY. So again, you're either going to stick with formalities, or remove that for everyone.

NOTE: Head Admins have the right to adjust the requirements for their specific servers.  This includes adding to, or removing requirements.  Please check with the Head Admin of the server you wish to apply for BEFORE you apply, to ensure you meet all requirements.

ZPS has never really followed formalities and I wish I had asked him to wait until he made his first application; I definitely jumped the gun and I feel that was MY mistake, not his. I'm just a little bummed because we only have Vet admins who play from time to time, and I mean~ "Smiley- 52.3 hours past 2 weeks".. this guy has been nothing but awesome and it just feels completely pointless to wait another four months before letting him try being an admin. He might not be as active then and who knows if our server will even be around anymore then.

I've always stood by the fact that trial admin is a trial period to see if people can be admins; and while I understand his ban for "spinhacking?" complicates things, I believe he should have a chance.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »
I've seen this feller' a lot on zps and I know he tries to help out with the CG server.
But I do think that the he needs to wait the 6 months.
I'm getting lazy explaining...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
I've seen this feller' a lot on zps and I know he tries to help out with the CG server.

Aside from formality and it being a longtime CG rule; is there any reason we should wait? I mean I agree we SHOULD wait but what exactly does waiting SIX months even do?

I mean I guess I'm fine with continuing to have no admins, but it's been a long time since we've had a new one and it's been years since anyone was as active as him.. Kind of desperate to keep the server I guess.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:58:24 PM by Pillz »

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »

Aside from formality and it being a longtime CG rule; is there any reason we should wait? I mean I agree we SHOULD wait but what exactly does waiting SIX months even do?

I mean I guess I'm fine with continuing to have no admins, but it's been a long time since we've had a new one and it's been years since anyone was as active as him.. Kind of desperate to keep the server I guess.

Well like I said on his admin application, he's going to be representing CG.
Because right now, he's already has issues with other communities/clans relating to ZPS.
Obviously this makes CG looks bad if becomes admin. We'd be harboring a hacker and such.
If he wants admin that badly he should honestly wait, people will forget. Patience is a virtue.

Offline Smiley

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
So how much should i wait for 6 months?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
If you really want to be admin, then you should post some ban reports on anyone you find that breaks the rules. Because it's all well and good wanting to become admin. But there's wanting to be admin for the sake of it, and wanting admin to help out. You're... eagerness is most common in people of the former. So hence my reservations.

It's an ulgy dem file.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal