Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.  (Read 14851 times)

Offline oobla37

Re: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:39 PM »
I just want you guys to understand how complex this game is even without items....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8</a>

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Christovski

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:49 PM »
Blech Meelee.  The gravity was so weird in that game compared to the original, thankfully they fixed it in Brawl.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:49 PM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »
Brawl is a scourge on the Smash series.

And thanks for posting that video, oobla. It furthers my point --

Even with items on, if you're good, you're going to win regardless. Items just put temporary brakes on the rape train.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 12:18:35 AM »
Blech Meelee.  The gravity was so weird in that game compared to the original, thankfully they fixed it in Brawl.

I'll have you know that the gravity is the main reason people play melee over brawl. It's a much faster game.

By kwuartz

Offline Billy

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »
Considering Project M's sole purpose was to make Brawl more like Melee again, with updates, it's safe to say Melee is the better game. Far better.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 12:24:38 AM »

I'll have you know that the gravity is the main reason people play melee over brawl. It's a much faster game.

Yeah, the idea with Brawl was to make it more playable for casuals; and that's why they made gravity more floaty. A lot of people used to the precise physics of Melee were betrayed by the new "gravity" of brawl.

I didn't notice too much but the entire game felt new, and I could still destroy with Peach and Yoshi despite people saying they were de-buffed.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Billy

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
Brawl was SUPER casual, considering they increased frame delay in hits, making it nearly impossible to combo anyone for anything.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »

Yeah, the idea with Brawl was to make it more playable for casuals; and that's why they made gravity more floaty. A lot of people used to the precise physics of Melee were betrayed by the new "gravity" of brawl.

I didn't notice too much but the entire game felt new, and I could still destroy with Peach and Yoshi despite people saying they were de-buffed.

Completely off topic and possibly the only post I'll make in this thread.
Me and my friend a massive tournament of all the brawl character 1VS1 (A.I) with 5 lives and we had all of them fight till only one of them remained.
In the end it came down to Donkey Kong vs Peach and Peach used Donkey Kongs final smash (The one with all the food) to heal fully and then proceeded to kill Donkey Kong 5 times in a row and win the tournament.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
Look, all I'm sayin is stay true to the original, I guess you guys were maybe too young for that games heyday, but Meelee fucked up the gravity we had in the original Smash Bros game on N64 and Brawl gave it back.

Nuff said.

Explains what everyone's beef is with Brawl.  I played enough Meelee to unlock everything then decided to wait for Brawl and I was rewarded with what I wanted.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Billy

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 01:40:07 AM »
Look, all I'm sayin is stay true to the original, I guess you guys were maybe too young for that games heyday, but Meelee fucked up the gravity we had in the original Smash Bros game on N64 and Brawl gave it back.

Nuff said.

Explains what everyone's beef is with Brawl.  I played enough Meelee to unlock everything then decided to wait for Brawl and I was rewarded with what I wanted.

But this doesn't make any sense at all. I'm pretty sure everyone here (in this thread specifically) is old enough to have played ssb64 in its prime. I know I am. And I did. I've been playing Smash since I was five. I've had a nintendo 64 for 14 years, and I still have it. I still play the original with my friends all the time -- and brawl was nothing like it. SSB64 was just as competitive as Melee, and that's the reason why we played it in the first place. Their beef with brawl has nothing to do with age or the original. It's the opposite. People don't like it because it's NOT like the original. There's no way to play it competitively. It's a completely casual game -- and you're a casual, so I guess it makes sense.

And before this becomes an argument: No, being a "casual" isn't a bad thing. It doesn't have a negative connotation behind it. I'm not trying to come off as an elitist because I play a game differently than you.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »
Yo I remember the sn64, jet force gemini in this bitch.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2013, 01:47:37 AM »
Jet Force Gemini was awesome, in an age where there was no co-op mode to games, having the second player able to control Floyd while the first played the main character was the coolest thing ever.

Offline Billy

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 01:48:59 AM »
My favorite n64 game of all time was probably Perfect Dark.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »
Back on topic maybe?
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2013, 06:50:14 AM »
Back on topic maybe?
Please. Has anybody gone ahead and downloaded project m? Thoughts?

By kwuartz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2013, 06:50:14 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal