Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who do you play as?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Who do you play as?
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:14 AM »
So, you start up a game like Starcraft or Skyrim or a large MMO like WoW or Guild Wars 2.

What do you play as? Do you play as a human, a lizard man? A race of super advanced Aliens? What do you play in games?

Personally, any time I play a game where I'm given the option to play something other than a Human, I'll always pick everything but the Human, regardless of how good I am with them.

For example in C&C I'm terrible with the Scrin (Aliens) but I'll always pick them. Same with Starcraft and the Zerg. In Elder Scrolls games I always go with Argonians regardless of what advantages other races have. I have no idea exactly why, but I think it's the fact that all the non-human races tend to have the most fun background stories as well as the most unique stuff to them.

Offline Red

Re: Who do you play as?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »
Human or a race similar to humans =P
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
Whatever benefits my playstyles - Either stealthy hit & runners, snipers, or healers.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
For me it depends on how they fit my playstyle.  Most RPGs with character creation (DA, Fallout, ME, etc) my first playthrough I make myself for the most immersion I can get, then on subsequent playthroughs I try things that are as different as possible.  So for example, my first playthrough of Skyrim was as a male Nord, but my second was a female Khajiit.  I try to only play as human ONCE as there are usually races that are way more interesting, and outside the first playthrough for immersion, who wants to play a boring human?  I'm stuck as one of those every day.  xD

That's only RPGs with character creation though, in other genres of games where there are only teams or factions to choose from, it all comes down to how they augment my playing and compliment my strategy.  I try and play all options a bit to get their feel, then decide from there who to focus on. 

TF2 I love Scout and suck at it (so I still do it occasionally for fun) but I tend to gravitate to Pyro for their ambush style (probably because of my style from years of ZPS being the lead zombie) or Engineer cause I love building things.

If we're talking about Starcraft, (the original classic) I played Terran because they just suited my style, I wasn't twitchy enough for the Zerg and the Protoss just didn't feel right.  They were way cooler than the Terrans in regards to style and lore, but the playstyle just didn't fit.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Human archer. ALWAYS.

I can never understand magic stats and tank builds.
I am retarded when it comes to stat builds.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
Human archer. ALWAYS.

o
It's funny because in most games class wise I just say fuck it and be a tank because it's so easy.
Mass Effect 3 online pick Krogan anything and you're already a tank, pick the Krogan Warlord and you're now an autohealing tank with a fucking lightning hammer.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
Human archer. ALWAYS.

Human or a race similar to humans =P

BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline DBag

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
I mostly go with the class that gives me a bonus for archery. I love my archery
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »
It's funny because in most games class wise I just say fuck it and be a tank because it's so easy.
Mass Effect 3 online pick Krogan anything and you're already a tank, pick the Krogan Warlord and you're now an autohealing tank with a fucking lightning hammer.

But...but Tech Armor...

Offline grimlust

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
Personally I go with the most tech oriented race / class or if its a fantasy style game i'll always go ranged dps. For example in SC I always go Protoss but in WoW I was a troll hunter alll the way. Same with Skyrim my first play through was with a Wood Elf archer ( just happened that was also pretty much my race / class combo in Everquest ). I'm not really fond of melee char's or races that seem simple I.E humans etc

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
2edgy4u

Offline Dante

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »
I can't play humans in any game that allows other races. For WoW: Trolls, Tauren, Undead, 2 Night elves,  Worgen. SWTOR: Sith Pureblood, Cyborg(Only time I will play near human), Miriluka, Ratatakashi, Zabrack. The Elder Scrolls: *Insert 500 Argonians and 1 Khajit* SC2: Zerg and Protoss.
I always have more fun as a non human, especially in SWTOR.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 04:50:27 PM »
I play whatever, honestly. Usually I have multiple builds spanning across characters. As for Starcraft I usually stuck with terrans, and for c&c I prefer the red alert series over the tiberian sun series.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
I've always been a sneaker/theft. If I would be anything else I'd be a tank/mage kind of mix. Race is usually irrelevant but for Skyrim I don't think I was anything but Khajiit until I was an Argonian for dat unlimited water breathing.

I've always felt the same way about being human though, I might actually go back and try it just so people don't trash talk me the entire game.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
I've always felt the same way about being human though, I might actually go back and try it just so people don't trash talk me the entire game.
But then you lose your excuse for killing every douchebag in the game trollface

I still need to go back and make my epic Khajiit 2-hander who is just going to literally kill every living thing that chooses to stand in his way (whats a speech skill?).

Inevitably that will be a whole ton of Stormcloak racists.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal