Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Servers down?  (Read 8917 times)

Offline Fluffalupagus

Servers down?
« on: December 08, 2013, 01:09:51 AM »
So I'm not sure what's going on. Seemed to be fine not too long ago. But the servers no longer show up on the server list, nor can I join them.

Whenever I try to join using the connect command I get "Unexpected Authentication Error."

Anyone? :/

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Servers down?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »
Can you join others? Because that error just looks like a problem on your side. Restarting steam mostly fixes it.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:33:29 AM »
All of the ones on the master list work fine. I only get it when I try to join CG servers.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:34:21 AM »
It's also immediate. Doesn't even give time for a loading screen to pop up at all.

Offline Red

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
They need to be updated (IIRC though now it may be a different issue.). I'd intended to find out how/do it myself but I never had the chance.

It doesn't show up on the master server list. I don't know enough about the game but I'd presume that it's because the server for us still called NMRiH which implies, I think, that the server is outdated, considering the fact that all the other servers are called "No More Room in Hell", though perhaps I am mistaken.

I managed to fix the banners for the servers for gametracker earlier so they appeared online for the forums and for the server list (because in fact they are). That does not however mean you can join the servers obviously, because the servers are still outdated, I think.

Most of what I've said is guesswork, frankly I could be completely wrong. I suggest that Inject or any CL with the FTP perms to change/fix these servers and get them set up correctly on the database, or w/e, actually do that. Either fix it, scrap it and be done with NMRiH, or put up 2 new NMRiH servers in place of these two.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:01:41 AM by Dark ÉŒed »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:10 AM »
Dark Red for Hidden AND NMRIH! He's totally going to want that, and not have heaving stress about it xP
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline DBag

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 03:32:11 AM »
I am also having problems with ZPS not showing up in the master list and using the connect command gets me no where either. I can get into the server off of someone else IE if I join through what a friend is playing on but I cant get in other than that way
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 04:01:30 AM »
I've just realized there is a new steam version of the game... Perhaps that's the reason? Trying to download and see if that fixes it. :3

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »
Yeah... most definitely the issue.
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Pillz

Re: Servers down, but almost back up~
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:06 AM »
There was an update from the 2006 Source engine to the 2013 Source engine, back around October 31 when it was released as an official game on Steam; like ZPS. Except NMRiH has 450+ servers, and ZPS only has 74; and while that's mostly due to each server being 8 slots, that's still a pretty decently sized community that'll be in and out of our servers whether we're there keeping the peace or not.

I am now running SteamCMD on my computer and downloading the updated server files, and I will be updating the server tomorrow.

If it all works, as the threads and instructions say it will, we should have our NMRiH servers back online by tomorrow night. It took at least a combined 6 or 7 hours to reinstall ZPS with all the download times and upload times, so updating TWO servers might take a little more time. Three days, tops.

Fluff will help monitor the servers when they go up, and anyone elses help will be welcome. Perhaps we can get a HA for these servers and bring some community to it.

Edit: Moving faster than I thought, got the game and fresh copies of Sourcemod and everything ready; 7% into uploading the files to the first server, going to let it upload overnight and I'll see if I can connect before work and come home and finish.

Edit&Lock: Alrighty it's all fixed up and working. Sorry for the delay.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:41:30 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: Servers down, but almost back up~
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:06 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal