CG Main > General Discussions

Shirts for Conjoint?

(1/9) > >>

RalphORama:
Hey everyone, I saw and commented on this in the most recent news post, but I thought I'd make a thread here as well to get more opinions on the subject.

Basically, according to the meeting notes, there was some discussion on selling Conjoint-related shirts. Since I've had experience with selling community-related merch before, I thought I'd elaborate on the idea and make some suggestions. Here's what I said in the other thread:

--- Quote from: RalphORama on December 06, 2013, 03:17:31 PM ---I see the idea of T-Shirts were discussed, and I'd be happy to help out setting up a shirt shop for Conjoint.
I've done something similar for the last gaming community I was part of, we used Spreadshirt and recruited designs from our art board. Shirts were generally $20, making about $3-$5 each and had designs on them relating to community in-jokes and logos.
If we did the design recruiting thing I'd recommend accepting designs in a dedicated board, and figuring out a way to pay the artist ~ 50% of the profits from the shirts a month.

--- End quote ---

So I'm asking you guys: What do you think of the prospect of a CG merch setup? I'd be happy to get everything working and include all the CLs and whatever in running it.

Leetgrain:
As in prev post:

--- Quote from: Leetgrain on December 06, 2013, 04:19:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: RalphORama on December 06, 2013, 03:17:31 PM ---I see the idea of T-Shirts were discussed, and I'd be happy to help out setting up a shirt shop for Conjoint.
I've done something similar for the last gaming community I was part of, we used Spreadshirt and recruited designs from our art board. Shirts were generally $20, making about $3-$5 each and had designs on them relating to community in-jokes and logos.
If we did the design recruiting thing I'd recommend accepting designs in a dedicated board, and figuring out a way to pay the artist ~ 50% of the profits from the shirts a month.

--- End quote ---

That would actually be pretty damn good. I'd love to help out with some designs. As would some others here. And with a ~50% cut it would definitely help everyone involved.

--- End quote ---

Would love to help make some shirts, both CG centered, and different designs.

RalphORama:

--- Quote from: Leetgrain on December 06, 2013, 05:31:00 PM ---Would love to help make some shirts, both CG centered, and different designs.

--- End quote ---

Sweet! Also, I should say that they don't have to be CG-related specifically, it could be used as a portal for CG members to get their designs out in the world and make a little dosh doing so.

Christovski:
The problem we've had with shirts in the past is cost. 

Even $20 is a bit steep for something like a CG shirt, unless somehow we get ridiculously good designs that look so amazing people decide they want to pay $20 for it

RalphORama:

--- Quote from: Christovski on December 06, 2013, 05:33:24 PM ---The problem we've had with shirts in the past is cost. 

Even $20 is a bit steep for something like a CG shirt, unless somehow we get ridiculously good designs that look so amazing people decide they want to pay $20 for it

--- End quote ---
I do know there's a limit on how low prices can get on SS, but we could even sell some (or all) shirts for no premium (and thus little gain) for about $16 such as one of my favorite YouTubers does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version