Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii U failing (Part Deux)  (Read 26651 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Wii U failing (Part Deux)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 01:23:10 AM »
Honestly, I'd rather have a wiiu over the suckstation 4 or the xboner.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
Just one question

Why are you so obsessed with pointing this out? Did Nintendo murder your family?

NO ITS WORSE. THEY MURDERED MY BELOVED SEGA (Well Sony technically did, but Nintendo raped the corpse with all the horrible Sonic games), oh and they killed my beloved Rogue Squadron and haven't released any Fire Emblem games. Actually TBH would buy a Wii U in a heartbeat for a true HD Fire Emblem game.

Honestly, I have a N64, of which I still play Mario Kart (and I'll brag just about this, I'll beat any of you at it) and a bunch of other games, I have a CG and a Wii. I'm upset in how much the Wii dragged them down in terms of third party content, how badly they have ruined the Mario Kart games (So little skill involved in the series now), and just the lack of anything new from them.

When was the last time Nintendo created a new IP? We should be seeing new stuff with all the money they have, yet its same old stuff year in year out. Honestly their quality is top notch, but its just so sad to see them waste so much potential.

To put it into perspective, only Ubisoft is creating any large third party titles for the Wii U, and I can play Watchdogs on other systems, so the only games I'll miss out on this year is Mario Kart 8 (Nope) DK country, which I've never been a fan of, Banyonetta 2, which I never played the first, and that's it. Smash will be delayed another year, and really won't influence me buying it.

I'll ask this of you Wii U owners though. Is the online system any better. I remember trying to play Brawl against some people in Chicago (so Michigan is 4 hours away) and the ping was easily 250-300. I consistently get a ping of 20-30 for everything on my PC, so what the hell?

Oh, here's anther article too http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/nintendo-has-to-sell-11-million-wii-us-a-month-to-reach-its-goal
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 01:43:55 AM »
Just one question

Why are you so obsessed with pointing this out? Did Nintendo murder your family?

NO ITS WORSE. THEY MURDERED MY BELOVED SEGA (Well Sony technically did, but Nintendo raped the corpse with all the horrible Sonic games), oh and they killed my beloved Rogue Squadron and haven't released any Fire Emblem games. Actually TBH would buy a Wii U in a heartbeat for a true HD Fire Emblem game.

Honestly, I have a N64, of which I still play Mario Kart (and I'll brag just about this, I'll beat any of you at it) and a bunch of other games, I have a CG and a Wii. I'm upset in how much the Wii dragged them down in terms of third party content, how badly they have ruined the Mario Kart games (So little skill involved in the series now), and just the lack of anything new from them.

When was the last time Nintendo created a new IP? We should be seeing new stuff with all the money they have, yet its same old stuff year in year out. Honestly their quality is top notch, but its just so sad to see them waste so much potential.

To put it into perspective, only Ubisoft is creating any large third party titles for the Wii U, and I can play Watchdogs on other systems, so the only games I'll miss out on this year is Mario Kart 8 (Nope) DK country, which I've never been a fan of, Banyonetta 2, which I never played the first, and that's it. Smash will be delayed another year, and really won't influence me buying it.

I'll ask this of you Wii U owners though. Is the online system any better. I remember trying to play Brawl against some people in Chicago (so Michigan is 4 hours away) and the ping was easily 250-300. I consistently get a ping of 20-30 for everything on my PC, so what the hell?

Oh, here's anther article too http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/nintendo-has-to-sell-11-million-wii-us-a-month-to-reach-its-goal

The original WII just had really shit for networking built into it. It would slow down your network if it was on it because of the shit hardware they used.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 01:54:09 AM »
Just one question

That's what I was wondering, and why people keep posting long articles covering a single detail liike "Nintendo thinks they're doing okay based on XYZ where actually they aren't because ABC~" because what are we supposed to do with that fucking news? Bust into a room and shout "HEY GUYS NINTENDO SAID THEY ARE DOING GOOD FINANCIALLY BUT SOME GUY ONLINE SAID OTHERWISE, OOOOOO-"

People have talked shit about Nintendo for so long, I mean back in the SegaXPS1XN64 days people would talk shit about how the sales were going and how PS1 is better, but the people with Nintendos were busy playing awesome fucking games like Donkey Kong 64, Mario 64, Goldfinger, Mario Kart and all the other awesome games. WiiU will have it's fair share of awesome games too. People will continue writing semi-informative articles to keep the haters boners raging and we'll just continue to giggle at them.

Unless you've got Stock in the video game world why does anyone give a fuck, you'd think the only gamer news that'd be out is new game titles, but now we've got all these people spending hours focusing on how well a system is selling and why a person should get console A instead of console B.

In the long run nobody really does give a fuck, even with people shouting WII SUCKS like they did for the Wii (and then it dominated in sales) when it was out people are still going to buy it because it's Nintendo, it's what they grew up with, it's the longest running Company in the Console Market, and they've had a history of doing well. I really don't care if they do poorly this gen, they did well with N64, Gamecube flopped (Still was awesome console though) and then the Wii dominated. I won't tell anyone it's better than any other console, all I can do is vouch for the fact that it's been an amazing console for me so far. Great for watching Netflix on the bigscreen or the little screen while someone's playing PS3, zombies on BlOps2 looks beautiful and me and my friends play very often, Mario is a party favorite and then I still have Super Smash Bros Brawl and COUNTLESS Snes/NES/N64 games on my Wiiu to last me a long time.

Also you say there aren't any games on the WiiU? Guess what motherfuckers, there aren't any games on Xbox that I want to play either. If I bought an Xbox1 I'd probably only be able to afford 2-3 games, Far Cry, maybe try Halo if I feel with it, uhhhhhh and like.... Uhhhhhh... Idk. Anything else I'd rather play on the computer. It doesn't matter if a console has 400 games or 1000, I'm only going to buy like fucking five of them.

Just one question

Wat, they have an IP? wat

Online? Black Ops 2 online functions like it does in any other game? Even online on the Wii was fine with games like Call of Duty and whatnot.. I played Brawl on my Wii competetively with my friends and we only rarely ever got lag, and that was only when the other people were on the other side of the world, which never really happened. Now that we're on the WiiU it's borderline flawless, BlOps2 doesn't have but a couple hundred players online at any time but I've never had connectivity issues.

Also we don't need to read the article, we can look at the link and know 120% what the 13 paragraphs in the article will over-explain. :p
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »

Wat, they have an IP? wat

Yeah, IP in terms of the video games industry stands for Intellectual property - the games they hold control over, like the Super Mario franchise, or a singular game like... well I don't know any singular games by Nintendo *coughtheymilkthemallcough*
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
So in other words Pillz, this is the Wii U in a nutshell

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
The Wii did not dominate. It sold a shit ton of consoles because people though the motion controls were 1:1, and because it was easy for grandma and grandpa to play them. Outside that, it again came down to only selling first party titles. That's why practically every good third party title on the Wii failed. Hell it even put Grasshopper out of business, you know the guys that made No More Hero's and the like, and you can't even find those two JRPG's that were the last releases for the Wii because they sold so bad.

Concerning the lack of games on Xbone/PS4, console launches are always bare, but the Wii U has been bare for an entire year, usually you have to have some games come out six months down the road, all the Wii U got was another god damn Mario game. That and they can both relay on CoD to just float them right now.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
Crow, I think the real question here is: Are you mad bro?

Because you sound really mad to me bro.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
Crow, I think the real question here is: Are you mad bro?

Because you sound really mad to me bro.

I care about 10% because PC gaming master race  Meme3

No its because a spades a spade, and you cannot in any way call the Wii U successful. Will it become successful, maybe, but consoles that have botched launches usually don't do good. (Saturn, GameCube, Virtual Boy)

Of course correlation is not causation, but considering how much the Psssss4/Xboner have already passed the Wii U in sales, or are rapidly catching up, well its only a matter of time considering even this summer the Wii U won't have much to offer.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
So you wan't us to say the Wii U sucks based on opinions?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »
So you wan't us to say the Wii U sucks based on opinions?

No, I want a good argument. Tell me how the Wii U isn't doing bad, or how its going to get back into the game, because from my perspective its doing horrible. I've posted articles that have links showing what they are referring to, so find something that tells me the Wii U is doing fine and has some kind of chance to beat PZ4/MS NSA box.

Me: Wii U sucks
Pillz: Wii U doesn't suck

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »

Sales are all based on opinion and the majority seem to prefer Xboner and PisS4 for CoD and rehashed games. It is not making money because in peoples opinions there is no advantage to the wiiu at the moment over competition. Once other games come out opinions will change. I know a lot of people that are waiting for Super Smash to buy Wiius. Hell most of the people I talk to at the gaming store I go to say they are waiting for Smash and some other games to come out before buying it.

For all we know the Wii U thanks to some third party games, Smash and some other stuff could possibly jump up in sales big time. Its like the 3DS there was no reason to have it over the other DS till X and Y came out, then a lot of 3DS's were bought.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »

Sales are all based on opinion and the majority seem to prefer Xboner and PisS4 for CoD and rehashed games. It is not making money because in peoples opinions there is no advantage to the wiiu at the moment over competition. Once other games come out opinions will change. I know a lot of people that are waiting for Super Smash to buy Wiius. Hell most of the people I talk to at the gaming store I go to say they are waiting for Smash and some other games to come out before buying it.

For all we know the Wii U thanks to some third party games, Smash and some other stuff could possibly jump up in sales big time. Its like the 3DS there was no reason to have it over the other DS till X and Y came out, then a lot of 3DS's were bought.

So the Wii U will survive another year without Smash Bros? Also look at the third party list, only Banyotta and Watchdogs on it.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
Me: Wii U sucks
Pillz: Wii U doesn't suck

lol, that is truly this thread in a nutshell.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Pillz

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 01:21:36 AM »
Yeah, I always try to defend the GC/Wii/WiiU when people bash it because I've owned each and they've all been good consoles for me.

I agree the WiiU isn't selling well, but I think Nintendo expected this and are just rolling with it. I, like the people at Nintendo, don't give a fuck. I will patiently wait until more good games come out, and will probably purchase a Steambox or 3DS next. PS3 didn't have a lot of games compared to 360 either, and it wasn't as "social friendly" but that didn't stop me from enjoying the 5-6 games I owned for it and the few PSN games I purchased.

Right now my WiiU has been more interesting than my PS3, so as a next gen console it's kind of a success for me. It's got better Call of Duty graphics than the Xbox360 and PS3 so it's hardware isn't terrible at all. Might not be PC grade like the newgen consoles are trying to be, but it's good enough for me. <3

WiiU WILL survive till SSB because there are plenty of families buying them for Christmas and so on, just because it's Nintendo and has kid friendly games. The better games are on their way, I'll be waiting for Metroid, Zelda, Yoshi, and whatever else comes out and gets decent reviews. I've only bought one game on Steam in the past year so I can probably wait for WiiU to sort it's situation, it's not costing me any money.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 01:21:36 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM
  • Inject OH 4: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/323969454050377729/871930017595133963/unknown.png
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:45 PM
  • Inject OH 4: @SlowLefty I'll look into it.
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:02 PM
  • Ghast: Hope everyone from CG is doing well. :)
    June 25, 2021, 10:38:49 AM
  • Ghast: damn, inject still has this site running eh.
    June 25, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
  • SlowLefty: The javascript for the updated user agreement is broken, I had to use html inspector to add the submit button.
    April 16, 2021, 10:09:58 PM
  • JohnCyKlopZ: hey guys
    March 31, 2021, 08:45:24 AM
  • Mercy: Lol it's been 10 years since you last asked
    March 24, 2021, 01:18:52 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal