Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinions about Hacker Shaming  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Live Bait

Re: Opinions about Hacker Shaming
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »
I want you all to know I have read each reply and appreciate your time and opinions on this.
Keep in mind that is what I wanted: Opinions and points of view.
It's seeming that it's better to not pursue them as a community.

I appreciate knowing the CG members, while as passionate about anti-hacking as I, are just as passionate about what is right and wrong, not enough or too far.

I realize I talk a lot. I have far too much free time and I appreciate you spending some of yours here.

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
as fun as the idea is of blacklisting hacking scum from Hidden servers, it might be a little too far. they are only our concern when they're on our servers, but other servers are out of our domain. leave it to them to figure out for themselves who the players are they want in their community, and who knows, maybe these players comport themselves differently on other servers. No one's to say that a hacker will always be a hacker, and perhaps in time, they could shape up their act and realize their actions are wrong.

tl;dr it's only our business when it's on our servers

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »

Offline DBag

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
I don't believe its right to shame them but I do think it is a good Idea to keep lines of communication open between communities. Through this we can warn about possible hackers of the like. Although he did deserve it for getting on our servers and hacking.
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
Chasing them down on other servers, not a fan of that. That being said, I have exactly zero fucks to give for hackers getting banned.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline raddude-pancake ruler

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »
i want to add that putting a hacker to shame makes you no better then trolls stalking peoples profiles
According to these results my milkshake is bringing an average of 80 to 90 percent of the boys to my yard.

"..Thinking about jabbing you in the eye with it right now. -_-"
"did you really just threaten to stab someone over a dlc debate?"
"You're the reason People hate furries Rad" -TicTac
"What kind of freaking moron would quote them self"-raddude

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 09:29:05 AM »
If you commit a crime, your information is available to the public, but the police don't show up to your work saying 'HEY HE BROKE THE LAW'.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
Sex offenders have to go door to door to tell their neighbors

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
If you commit a crime, your information is available to the public, but the police don't show up to your work saying 'HEY HE BROKE THE LAW'.

Actually, they kinda do, in a different way. They go around to investigate. They'll go to your work. They'll go to your relatives. They'll go to your frequent coffee shop if they think they need some information there. The police will most likely tell you "He's been accused of fraud, identity theft, etc", whatever it may have been. They don't divulged important facts about the case, but they can say why they're investigating.
Also, if you're CONVICTED of said crime, LOTS more people know about it in real life than someone caught hacking on here. So we're still not pushing that limit.

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »
While I don't mind warning other communities that he is known to hack, hacker shaming isn't really the best thing to do. Yes, they are scum but at the same time there is a right and a wrong way to go about it.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »

Actually, they kinda do, in a different way. They go around to investigate. They'll go to your work. They'll go to your relatives. They'll go to your frequent coffee shop if they think they need some information there. The police will most likely tell you "He's been accused of fraud, identity theft, etc", whatever it may have been. They don't divulged important facts about the case, but they can say why they're investigating.
Also, if you're CONVICTED of said crime, LOTS more people know about it in real life than someone caught hacking on here. So we're still not pushing that limit.
I think when he said commit crime he meant the crime was already done.
So like, basically, yeah the information is there but the cops sure as hell aren't going to be running around telling everybody. (unless maybe it's like sex offender?)

Offline crovv

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 06:37:58 PM »
Having a (public?) list of permabanned people would be helpful, in my opinion, especially hackers, ghosters, and other "heavy" offenses; not only to the greater community, as they could see the bans with a simple SteamID search, but also to our community, keeping track of who are banned and should not be able to appeal the ban.

Offline Kwaurtz

Offline crovv

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?page=pageBans

Srsly?

We don't have this for TTT as SB doesn't work with TTT (that's the reason I was given, at least).

I was mostly referencing TTT, but also: if we have a list of bans with proof rather than just a reason, it would be helpful for appeals, separate communities, etc.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal