Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hits not registering, Suggestion for Trip Mines  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Ushers

Hits not registering, Suggestion for Trip Mines
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
A well known bug in the game "The Hidden" is that hits do not always work, such as when the Hidden monster tries to Pigstick an IRIS soldier, sometimes the pigstick does not perform or the hit does not even register. Is this part of glitches with Conjointgaming servers somehow?

I was suggesting on one of your AWESOME gaming servers today that it would be even more awesome if you want to add Tripmines instead of Sonic Alarms. Simply Press E and arm the tripmine causing 20 damage to the hidden each mine

Offline Red

Re: Hits not registering, Suggestion for Trip Mines
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
A well known bug in the game "The Hidden" is that hits do not always work, such as when the Hidden monster tries to Pigstick an IRIS soldier, sometimes the pigstick does not perform or the hit does not even register. Is this part of glitches with Conjointgaming servers somehow?

The thing for pick stick is actually a plugin that we have installed on servers 1 and 2 for our hidden servers. The plugin is called pigshove and it does zero damage until the hidden's health (on our servers) falls below 20 health and enters a state called "RAGE MODE", then the pig stick is re-enabled.
@Edit: Servers 3 and 4 both have pigstick enabled ALL the time.

I was suggesting on one of your AWESOME gaming servers today that it would be even more awesome if you want to add Tripmines instead of Sonic Alarms. Simply Press E and arm the tripmine causing 20 damage to the hidden each mine

Mmm, I've seen this plugin before.. Both on other servers as well as on allied modders. I think it's an interesting idea but could be potentially over power powered... In that the hidden already has a hard enough time killing everyone and it can encourage camping in rooms with only one entry/exit point. I don't know if it's such a great idea to have it....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:54:32 PM by ÉŒed »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

Offline DBag

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
Yeah everything red said. Rubberknifing is due to server connection so not always will a hit register
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Leninade

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »
Yeah everything red said. Rubberknifing is due to server connection so not always will a hit register
Source hitboxes are notoriously bad, too. Ping is always going to play somewhat of a factor, but the poor hitboxes probably account for like 90% of the failed hits, especially when you're too close to your target.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal