Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ༼ つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ Got Diretide  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Offline Old Crow

Re: ༼ つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ Got Diretide
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »
I love the emotes that came out of this.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give me a real game.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:31:08 AM »
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ pls

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
In all honesty, the part of the DOTA community that bitched about it went way too far. I'm sorry, but when you guys start calling Volvo as some kind of weird joke, and start threatening DOTA commentators and spamming his RL phone number, I have a big issue with that.

Kwuartz, I know you want me to play that game, but out of principle, I will never touch DOTA now. This action by the community was the final nail in the coffin for me. They make the rest of us gamers look even worse now in the eyes of an average non gamer.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
Trust me, the general online population of Dota are near bottom-of-the-barrel, next to illegitimate players and 360 cod/BF fanboys. They're massively too over the top, take it so seriously, and are actually mostly scum, like in a lot of games. But jeez, I have to say the severity of the scum is much worse than any game I've played. They're mostly all like if HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED WHO'S NAME STARTS WITH A W had a baby with HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED WHO'S NAME STARTS WITH A C.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
In all honesty, the part of the DOTA community that bitched about it went way too far. I'm sorry, but when you guys start calling Volvo as some kind of weird joke, and start threatening DOTA commentators and spamming his RL phone number, I have a big issue with that.

Kwuartz, I know you want me to play that game, but out of principle, I will never touch DOTA now. This action by the community was the final nail in the coffin for me. They make the rest of us gamers look even worse now in the eyes of an average non gamer.

Its the smallest portion of the population that are the loudest. Only about 3k players in the active 600k dota player base did anything. Volvo used it as a PR stunt and came out looking good on the dota communities side. You can't judge the actions of a few for the actions of the whole. Thats like saying CG is automatically nothing but gopib's.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »

Its the smallest portion of the population that are the loudest. Only about 3k players in the active 600k dota player base did anything. Volvo used it as a PR stunt and came out looking good on the dota communities side. You can't judge the actions of a few for the actions of the whole. Thats like saying CG is automatically nothing but gopib's.

That's funny, if I recall correctly you judged an entire internet community based off the actions of the smallest portion.
But as you said, you can't go running around judging the whole based on the actions of a small part, now can you?

Offline Dante

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »

That was less then 10% of the community. That's like saying every CoD player is a murderer since Activision gets a shit ton of death threats from their fans. Most of the community ignored them, went to D2ware or didn't give a shit.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »

That's funny, if I recall correctly you judged an entire internet community based off the actions of the smallest portion.
But as you said, you can't go running around judging the whole based on the actions of a small part, now can you?

That's funny, please stay on topic in my threads, I'd really not like another fight to blow up.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »
I know more nice Dota 2 players than I do mean ones. Hell when I solo queue usually my team will end up laughing even if we loose. I've seen bigger dicks in Gmod than Dota 2.

TTT is much more likely to start a fight. Dota 2 you may catch more shit about your choices but that's the nature of a game where your choices effect the team, not just your round. The rounds are also longer so you're choices effect a great part of your team's time. Again, I've gotten into more fights with TTT people and the trolls there are worse.

This is just a few people who NONE of my non-gamer friends have heard about. It's so bad only volvo and a few non-gamers know. We know because we keep getting updates from Kwaurtz. I've heard more about CoD than I ever will about Dota 2, why? Dota 2 community isn't that bad. This is a stupid things a small amount of the community did. It was not any of the professionals (as far as I know).

Let me remind you: CG members have trolled other communities and caused more than its fair share of shit for other communities. Before you go throwing stones look in the mirror and where you are posting this. I'd bet a high % of CG has been involved in worse activities than the % of Dota 2 players that actually participated in this (not just spread the word about this).

by Kwaurtz

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
Everyone can be happy! The great hat-ening is upon us soon, and all the little children will get their diretide hats!

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »
what they did was hardly anything bad, the majority of people just spammed valve a lot if anything at all.

You do realize that almost every fandom or community not only does this shit, but often takes it even farther? Are you going to completely drop those franchises and call everyone who likes it a turd too?

Oh and yeah, you are calling us all turds, "hey umm some dudes who did things in a community you guys are vaguely apart of did something I don't like so umm Im gonna drop that thing the community is based around because i dont wanna be like that and liking things will obviously make people like that OH YOU GUYS PLAY THAT GAME TOO oh well whatever fuck you guys"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:11:54 PM by Napolean BonaPARTY »
ha ha I made a signature

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal