Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CG podcast  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Old Crow

CG podcast
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:15:47 AM »
Episode #1 is live, enjoy <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qnPbBTmV4o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qnPbBTmV4o</a>
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline crovv

Re: CG podcast
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »
Don't have time to watch it tonight, and might not watch it because I heard it live and don't want to hear me rant stupidity, but HERE'S A POST TO SHOW THAT I CARE AND YOU PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH IT. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have.
 discofrog

Feedback piece #1 - maybe a facecam, gameplay footage (something that isn't too distracting), or something other than just text underneath? I could edit that together with public domain images if you guys like the idea of something related to the podcast rather than webcam feeds or raw gameplay footage.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:27 AM »
What the fuck is with that horrible font. Next time please ask me for shit so it doesn't look terrible like this.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
What the fuck is with that horrible font. Next time please ask me for shit so it doesn't look terrible like this.

That's the old font we used to use for CG. -_-
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
Sorry about the font, I have one that looks pretty good being worked on atm, but it wasnt ready yet and I really wanted to get this out since it was made sunday. Next time I should have either the logo, or if anyone could send me some gameplay that would help.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
Wow some idjit disliked it xD.

Also about the font.. I don't see why it's such a big deal, even if it is bad or whatever I fail to see how it's important... Unless of course you like staring at the same text for 90 minutes which I find odd, wouldn't you want to be doing something else while listening to a podcast? Whatever though people do strange things I guess.

@edit basically what I mean is.. It's like listening to the radio, why does it matter what it looks like while you listen to it.. Sure it could be better looking but complaining about how horrible and terrible it looks doesn't make sense to me since it's something you're listening to.. =\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:21:40 AM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »

Also about the font.. I don't see why it's such a big deal, even if it is bad or whatever I fail to see how it's important... Unless of course you like staring at the same text for 90 minutes which I find odd, wouldn't you want to be doing something else while listening to a podcast? Whatever though people do strange things I guess.

@edit basically what I mean is.. It's like listening to the radio, why does it matter what it looks like while you listen to it.. Sure it could be better looking but complaining about how horrible and terrible it looks doesn't make sense to me since it's something you're listening to.. =\

^^^^ I don't think your going to stare at the logo for an hour and a half XD

3 Days isn't log

Offline DBag

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »
Yeah I was listening to it while I was playing hidden. I don't know anyone who would look at the logo the whole time
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline crovv

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »

^^^^ I don't think your going to stare at the logo for an hour and a half XD

The problem with podcasts on YouTube, in my opinion, is that YouTube is for watching, and having a podcast on YouTube with a logo or text or something isn't in the best interest of the person watching it. Sure, normal podcasts are meant to be listened to while doing other things, like music, but having it on YouTube means that some people might not like the placeholder text.

I'm still of the opinion that gameplay or something underneath would make it more interesting, but I'm fine with leaving it with a design/logo underneath.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »

That's the old font we used to use for CG. -_-

I'm aware, its always been ugly looking.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »
Well this is boring. I don't mean to be an ass but I don't get it. It felt so slow, especially the intro, I moved ahead and I thought "If I'm not in CG would I really bother to listen...no I would not"

by Kwaurtz

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:05 PM »
Well this is boring. I don't mean to be an ass but I don't get it. It felt so slow, especially the intro, I moved ahead and I thought "If I'm not in CG would I really bother to listen...no I would not"

Meh true, the intro was slow but it is only the first episode, only the first attempt. If anything, we need a name for it but couldn't think of one on the spot. Once we get into the groove (If?) I'd like to move away from CG centric topics, while still keeping a nod towards the server.

In sort, it needs work  :P

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »

I actually agree. Once you guys get going, it should speed up. Either way, if you guys are having fun, go for it.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
I already spoke to Yankees. I'm interested in helping you guys on podcasts.

Overall, I think it has a lot of potential going on.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
This is how I'd do it:

1. Have an intro with a face cam (or just your favorite Source Charcter in SFM)
2. Play a game and keep the volume low, have the cast over that. Play something like TF2, HammerWatch, etc (games that don't require much high level strat and are kinda grindy).
3. Don't sound monotone, make it sound like you are interested.

Like I said I wasn't trying to be a dick but if you're gonna slap CG on it I'm not gonna go "Oh that's great" I'll be honest because lieing wouldn't help.

Names?
ConjointPodcast (Theme: New CG player with you every cast)
FlyBy (You tie your love of airplanes/airplane related video games in)

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal