Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun maps takeover  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

Fun maps takeover
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »
So, this clan that i have been associated with for over 2 is currently hosting Fun maps. Originally when zps started making it's debut, the clan has been hosting stock and objective maps, but the number of people joining were declining. About 2 months ago from now, it was revived but instead of hosting stocks, objective and hardcore maps, it began hosting custom made fun maps, maps made by the clan players. What made it obvious for the number of people join was that the number of new people joining zps daily were kids intrested with maps that have common names (ex; zps_marioworld, thinking that its a fun map) and the word "Fun" on the server name, helped to populate.

Though Fun maps have been fun and do get new people into zps
But do they change what zps is?

Just think about, what would the future of zps be? Servers hosting fun maps, with few hosting stocks, objectives and hardcore. (unlikely, but what if?)

Q: Are fun maps ruining zps?
Q: Should Fun maps have its own gamemode or atleast be considered as a gamemode?
Q: Were the modders of zps aware of this?

Offline Pillz

Re: Fun maps takeover
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
Fun maps aren't the future of ZPS, but they will be in it. Stock maps will always be played and hopefully they'll do more updates in the future. It'd be nice if they keep on doing that. If they never stop trying, maybe they'll make it less fucked up one update or another. Idk.

Fun maps are just a little something extra that's there. It doesn't repel people though. The few people they do repel will be playing the game tomorrow anyway...
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »
We have a few like dodgeball, snuggles, and unrealistic, but too many would make it really boring to play on cause theres so little actual killing going on xD

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline JuNk^m@st3r

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
yeah lol just as Pillz says, maan dude ur in my head... lol but yeah the interrest of Survival/funs has rising along with the game dying, but i dont hope people will stop play objectives maps, cuz they really make the game more worth playing, yes ur still doling the same thing over and over again, but i mean there still more variation in zpo maps than zps maps, but maybe thats why ppl started playing more funmaps instead of zpo maps, cu they are very different from round to round, always end up another way (almost) , okay i think im off the rail now, dunno, i just got HUGE bag of weed, so im uber fucking mega phycho stoned atm,

Peace
^^AND I SAY LOLZOR AND U CANT DO SH*T ABOUT IT!

Offline billynoggs cade master

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:52:28 AM »
i think that fun maps are good for a server on zps TO A POINT but they shouldnt be the center of attention.fun maps arent the future of zps but they are a nice pitstop for the ZPS and ZPO maps that are on zps. i always had an idea to combir zps zpo and a fun map all in one bunch of zombie killing obsticle dodgeing gun blazing fun. but that would be hard to throw together in one map without problems.but any ways FUN maps are great but, i would not rely on them.perhaps you could have a healthy ballance of fun maps mixed with a bunch of zps and zpo maps to amuse everyone.

Cheers =)
Billynoggs

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:55:04 AM »
i miss the the zps deathrun map ='(
Phim Bogason

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
i never saw a human make it past the 2nd floor.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline vinnylord

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
i never saw a human make it past the 2nd floor.

i did once, didnt knew the third floor... i died
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
I saw a simpsons death run map on another server, and we do need more maps. We need to hire a map scout, who goes from server to server looking for maps. Haha.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »
I saw a simpsons death run map on another server, and we do need more maps. We need to hire a map scout, who goes from server to server looking for maps. Haha.

Yea lol zps_deathrun_simpsons_SoM_b4,  My clan (SoM) made that map and a bunch of others, ive tried telling them that they should be more open and allow certain servers gain access to them but We've been having difficulties with little kids and random button spammers.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
Yeah.  Fun maps are good for breaking people into the game, a change of pace, and can populate servers. 

They do have a place in the game.  Sadly the Random Button Pushers will impact the first few runs.  I have found this usually fixes itself, as the other players bark at the ones who push buttons without knowing what they do...

The Torture Chamber had a few specialty maps designed specifically for the server.  Perhaps we could bring some of those back.

Doc. Mentalist, could you see which ones are the most fun and, perhaps, ask if we could try a few of them?  I know some communities are quite "tight" with the maps, and do not want other servers to run them.  So, if we could run a few with permission...

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »
Well i tried but, it failed, the clan wont allow other servers to host their private maps besides even if KAT did have possesion of those maps, it'll have to manuelly adjust it's server settings.

How would giving away fun maps benefit the Owners? Was the question i couldn't answer and i did have to agree with them.

KAT experienced mappers should make their own maps as SoM did.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal