Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What perks or benefits should Donors get, as a "Thank you," from the Community?  (Read 20295 times)

Offline Cadaver

Ok,

We need more donations, cause well, running a Community is not cheap.

So, what do you want to see as a perk, or benefit for donors?  Give VALID, non-troll answers.

No: We will not hand out Admin Powers. We will not hand out ranks, or positions, other than VIP...  But, yes, a mere color on the Forums is, well, lame. 

Valid thoughts?

Cadaver

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Reserved slots is a common thing used on other servers that isn't too bad of a hindrance I don't think.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Christovski

Perhaps things like a larger avatar size to feel 'special', donator-only emoticons (might get spammed, but it is a thought), possibly a reserved slot on servers that constantly get full and people can't get on when they want to play (maybe make that a high $ donation thing), a donator only board on the forums (not sure what use it would be, just a thought), I'm just throwing out ideas off the top of my head before going to SLEEP. 

I know with sourcemod you can change colors of text in the chatbox, maybe something that gives them a special color in text chat on a server?

Might post more tomorrow if I think of anything better than these

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline theyankees213

Donater slots on servers, special forum section, and its a stretch, but access to ATMA?
Oh and maybe if the credit thing and shop ever gets going, extra credits per post or extra credits monthly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:12:58 AM by theyankees213 »

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Red

Reserved slots tick me off to be honest, there's nothing I hate more than trying to get into a server that has 1-5 slots "open" and then getting booted out because it's reserved for someone not even playing... just my thoughts...

I could see a use for the reserved slots, if not for donors, then for an admin who needed to get into that server, and had an open slot for him/her to get into without having too much trouble (waiting for someone to leave, etc)... I wouldn't see much of a use for this for Hidden since it would leave it at 8/9 removing a grenade permanently from the Hidden's repertoire unless an admin were playing, same goes for ZM a bit because I think (and I could be wrong...) that the Zombie Master gets more points to kill people with if there are more people. TTT would be good though since (and I could also be wrong here too)a few slots saved for these admins isn't too much of a difference to the gameplay... This would end up leaving at least 1-3 extra spots for the admins to get in if they are needed. I don't know enough about the other servers to give my input on them... That is all...

~Red
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Muffins

Recently I have been playing on the HG jb server on CSS when I get bored and they have the point system where you can buy what they call "HG bux" and you can buy different skins for your character or attachments for your gun like laser sights for your sniper or bullet tracers and I know a lot of people buy that shit :P Idk maybe we could try that out on gmod

Offline Leetgrain

Forum
- .GIF's at normal size for avatars.
- Personal backgrounds on profile?

TF2
- For TF2, could make it so that you can have your hat painted, or have strange effects (fire/etc), which you CAN do from the server.
- Also for TF2, could make projectile [Grenade launcher, rocket launcher, etc] weapons have a tracer or the likes.
- Saxton, could have a choice of what hale to be.
- Saxton, unique skins for all hales with premium.

Hidden
- Different skins (you can do this) for both IRIS and Hidden.
- Weapon tracers.

Zombie Master
- Trails for players.
- Skins for players.

Zombie Panic Source
- Skins for players.
- Trails for players.
- Higher infect chance? (Probably not)

TTT
- "Unique" weapons either "bought" from some kind of store or chosen on spawn, say, reskins of most weapons, like being able to buy a Barrett M99 with a unique sound, but has the same stats as the scout, or the Kal-Tec KSG for shotgun - same stats... you get the idea, try to think of easily known weapons to cater for those who have seen them in other games, and instantly want it in this game.

- Able to choose if Minigun is fast and weak or slow and a little more damaging.
- Hats (which I think is a terrible idea, but people will get donator just for them)
- Faster prop meter refill when dead.
- Name in green/colour on tab menu?
- Laser sights, like Muffins said.
- Custom models with actual (non-zoom) scopes, like holographic sights, or red dot sights, easy to do, but takes time, may be easier just getting someone to do it for us.

Hm, would it be pay for each server's benefits, or get it as donator, either by default or if you pay higher than X amount?
Could have something on the servers, every 10 minutes or so you get a couple of tokens or something which you could use to buy items and all from here, or you could get them in a bundle by buying them from a store page of ours, to use in any game?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:48:50 AM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Red

Forum

Hidden
- Weapon tracers.

I think I'd donate for these perks... (Granted the skins have been shot down before, or at least the idea of specifically customizing them has been) I think it might be cool. Would also be cool if I could get my name in dark red, not like a CL but just a shade of red of my choosing, would you get to choose your name colors? If that was an added feature I think that would e cool as long as it was reasonable.

Leet, what do the skins look like?

Offline Old Crow

Something to add is where have the shirts gone to? If you donate X amount of money, you should get some CG swag.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

TTT
- "Unique" weapons either "bought" from some kind of store or chosen on spawn, say, reskins of most weapons, like being able to buy a Barrett M99 with a unique sound, but has the same stats as the scout, or the Kal-Tec KSG for shotgun - same stats... you get the idea, try to think of easily known weapons to cater for those who have seen them in other games, and instantly want it in this game.

- Able to choose if Minigun is fast and weak or slow and a little more damaging.
- Hats (which I think is a terrible idea, but people will get donator just for them)
- Faster prop meter refill when dead.
- Name in green/colour on tab menu?
- Laser sights, like Muffins said.
- Custom models with actual (non-zoom) scopes, like holographic sights, or red dot sights, easy to do, but takes time, may be easier just getting someone to do it for us.
I like these ideas for TTT a lot of servers do all of those and don't have problems.

Offline Leetgrain

Forum

Hidden
- Weapon tracers.

I think I'd donate for these perks... (Granted the skins have been shot down before, or at least the idea of specifically customizing them has been) I think it might be cool. Would also be cool if I could get my name in dark red, not like a CL but just a shade of red of my choosing, would you get to choose your name colors? If that was an added feature I think that would e cool as long as it was reasonable.

Skins can be ANYTHING at all, so long as they're properly set up on the server, I don't remember how to do it myself, though it should be somewhat straightforward.

So yeah, it's up to the HA of the server to think what's appropriate/good and what's not.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:09:27 PM by Leetgrain »
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Red

Forum

Hidden
- Weapon tracers.

Skins can be ANYTHING at all, so long as they're properly set up on the server, I don't remember how to do it myself, though it should be somewhat straightforward.

So yeah, it's up to the HA of the server to think what's appropriate/good and what's not.

I WANT  A COLO(U)R SKIN TO TURN MY GUNS RED. Would be kinda nifty I think..

Offline CashPrizes

Slot reservations. More distinguished text for those donors when in-game. And a special forum section as mentioned before.

Offline theyankees213

Something to add is where have the shirts gone to? If you donate X amount of money, you should get some CG swag.

I like this one.

Oh and idk if people know this or not, but you can already change your gun skins.... pretty easily too. I have skins on ttt.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline AbkaFlab

To be honest I wouldn't want a trail if I were a donor, what if I was in TTT and running away from someone? I run around a corner and there's 2 ways to go, the person following me doesn't have to question which way to go because they can just follow my trail to lead right to me. Ive tracked people down in other random TTT servers because of their trail multiple times when I would of otherwise lost them.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal