Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cannot run/compile map  (Read 2898 times)

Offline andyoh0123

Cannot run/compile map
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:33:04 AM »
Hey I'm beginning to develop a map for Gmod, but I cannot test the map so far. I was able to construct everything fine such as the floors and entities, but I cannot compile/ run the map successfully. When I hit runmap... HL2 opens then closes, opening an error message "LuaShared: Failed to create/get IFileSystem". Any help please? I have the configurations and build programs set properly and I know that for a fact. Thanks.

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Cannot run/compile map
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »
Have you put a skybox around your map? (By creating a brush entity, using the 2dskybox texture, and making it hollow around the map), if you haven't, that could cause a leak in the level and could cause the crash stated.

If you're developing for Garry's mod, you should use that to test it instead of making it in base HL2 with all the Gmod/TTT .FGDs. Or more preferably in HL2, port it to Gmod, and then add all the entities/TTT thingamabobs you want.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »
Have you put a skybox around your map? (By creating a brush entity, using the 2dskybox texture, and making it hollow around the map), if you haven't, that could cause a leak in the level and could cause the crash stated.

If you're developing for Garry's mod, you should use that to test it instead of making it in base HL2 with all the Gmod/TTT .FGDs. Or more preferably in HL2, port it to Gmod, and then add all the entities/TTT thingamabobs you want.

Ooooh I know this one

Ctrl H

I played with hammer back in grade 9 a few years ago and I remember how often I forgot that damn Skybox.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:01 AM »

Ooooh I know this one

Ctrl H

I played with hammer back in grade 9 a few years ago and I remember how often I forgot that damn Skybox.

-32 would make it inverse on itself and make the universe implode, you sick, vile person!

In all seriousness, 2 is probably the best size to have it at.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline andyoh0123

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »
Thanks for the replys, I made a skybox with 2 hollowness, and set the outside textures to skybox, and ceiling skybox, and the floors+wall brick. I then tried to runmap... with the 'start game' dialog checked, HL2 opened then crashed. So then I unchecked the 'start game' dialog, ran it again, and opened Gmod but could not locate the map. Help pls?

@leetgrain I didn't really know what you meant in the second part of your post

http://s599.photobucket.com/user/andyoh0123/media/n64/sky1_zpsb8373907.png.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s599.photobucket.com/user/andyoh0123/media/n64/sky1_zpsb8373907.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
once you've saved and compiled it, you can find it in \Program files\Steam\Steamapps\username\Half-life 2\hl2\maps\MAPNAME.bsp

then you can move it to \garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\

Sorry, Andy, I don't really know what's up, are you able to upload your map for me to try and see if it happens to me? Will try to find where the vmf is located if you can't find it, but busy atm
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:02:18 PM by Leetgrain »
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline andyoh0123

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
I already set the source SDK to save the map to garrysmod/garrysmod/maps and it is there; MAPNAME.bsp along with MAPNAME text document, MAPNAME.prt MAPNAME.vmf, and MAPNAME.vmx, I just cannot select the map in Gmod.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »
I already set the source SDK to save the map to garrysmod/garrysmod/maps and it is there; MAPNAME.bsp along with MAPNAME text document, MAPNAME.prt MAPNAME.vmf, and MAPNAME.vmx, I just cannot select the map in Gmod.

even by going into console and typing ' map MAPNAME '?
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline andyoh0123

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »
yes I tried that and it would not launch, it says something like map not found. the same result you get from typing "map dsafpwuefj" (random letters)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal