Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unknown Reviews Anime  (Read 16686 times)

Offline UnknownError

Unknown Reviews Anime
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
I guess as I did go only a huge anime watching spree in the past few weeks, I want to voice my opinion on certain animes. I'll try to stick with animes already finished.

This is the format I'll use. I'll add more to it if I think it needs it. Go ahead and question some of my viewpoints, that's why I put it in the debate section. Also I would enjoy if I got some more suggestions on what anime to watch.

Anime Name:

Basic Plot:

Character Development:

Fan Service:

Sub or Dub:

Verdict:

Score:

If I rate the show 8/10 or more I will try to link to the first episode of the series.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:06:03 PM by UnknownError »
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline UnknownError

Code Geass
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »
Anime Name: Code Geass

Basic Plot:

In the year 2010, Japan is conquered by the Holy Britannian Empire, ruled by Charles zi Britannia. Japan is renamed Area 11, and its citizens are segregated and discriminated. Lelouch vi Britannia, an exiled prince of the Empire, had developed an intense hatred against his father and the royal family. Mostly stemming from his mother's unexplained murder, and his little sister Nunnally becoming blind and paralyzed in the legs from the incident. He will be granted the power of Geass, by a mysterious woman, named C2. With his Geass, he has the "power of the king" where he can command anyone to do his bidding. Lelouch sets out to exact his revenge on the Empire.

Character Development:

Lelouch: Overall I did enjoy how much a badass they made him. Instead of your typical feel good hero, he is cool and calculating. He wins by strategy, rather than beating the crap out of you. He is an anti-hero, meaning he has no true morals and will do anything to further his plans. The Geass power he has, is a little OP, but it was entertaining to keep watching Lelouch and what he has planned next. By the end of the series, you can't tell if he had changed or he always was thinking like that.

Suzaku: Now flip Lelouch's personality backwards. Suzaku is respectful and friendly. He is Japanese, but does become an Honorary Britannian, in order for his goal to nobly change Britannian society from the inside out. There are moments when you will want him to die in a hole, but later you can relate to his circumstances. By the end of the series, you probably would still like him but he pales in comparison to Lelouch.

Fan Service: Pretty much could be summed up with this, Naked Shower Scenes with Kallen..... but since this was my first review I will go more in depth. Along with a ton of naked shower scenes, there was a lot of shady angles. However the fan service didn't detract that much from the anime, but it was just so blatantly obvious it dissapointed me.

Sub or Dub: The Dub is alright, the voice actor who plays Lelouch, is the same guy who did Ichigo from Bleach and you might also remember him as.... <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQP1HikiR0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQP1HikiR0</a>

Adam Park the Black Ranger!!! The rest of the cast did ok, so I would recommend the dub to anyone who enjoys English over Japanese.

Verdict: I highly enjoyed the series, and from other CG members apparently they did too. However, there are faults that need to be addressed.

1. Why is she still alive?!?!??! Nina Einstein  is by far one of the most hated anime characters in existance. Even more annoying than Sakura from Naruto.

2. The whole confrontation with his father was poorly written, and looked like the writers pulled it right out of their ass.

3. Lelouch's personality at the end, specifically about Rolo. He did a 180 and completely contradicted himself and his previous beliefs.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Rolo had killed his love interest, Shirley. Lelouch vowed to avenge her, and went 5 minutes on about how much he hated him, and he would use him as a tool. Later when Rolo dies protecting Lelouch, he says he's his little brother. If you wanted to rewatch it. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onxCXakXHOc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onxCXakXHOc</a>

Now I still very much enjoyed the series, and I would recommend it to anyone. Notice I did leave much out about the mechas because I wouldn't call Code Geass a mecha anime. There is so much more than just robots beating the crap out of each other.

Final Score- 9/10

If you're interested check the first episode. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MTa82Xcao" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MTa82Xcao</a>
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:55:39 PM by UnknownError »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Code Geass
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »

Offline Old Crow

Re: Unknown Reviews Anime
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:24:06 PM »
Actually I fucking hated Rolo for quite a couple of reasons, and people who saw the series know why.

Nina was annoying but she played a huge role at the end, and her character changed as the series went on.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »
The big problem with Lelouch and Rolo's relationship was what happened 10 minutes prior when they both were in his quarters. What had happened to all that hatred Lelouch had ?

After Nina went all crazy near the end of season 1 and was sorta a racist toward the Japanese. I had no respect for her. :/

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »
I think Lelouchs attitude toward Rolo near the end was just a front really. Lelouch has proven to be quite manipulative and not entirely truthful to people. Though it doesn't really have much of a purpose for him to act nice towards him.

I kinda like how it was done though. Really adds some more twists and spirals of emotions to the mix.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »
For any fans of Geass, heres the totally hilarious abridged version.

Not finished, and not sure if even continued.. but well worth a watch :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miP21jnj3RU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miP21jnj3RU</a>
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Tyber

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
For any fans of Geass, heres the totally hilarious abridged version.

Not finished, and not sure if even continued.. but well worth a watch :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miP21jnj3RU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miP21jnj3RU</a>
That CSI part killed me XD

Offline Muffins

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »
Can we possible put a ban on anime in this community? I hate anime

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

I never got this. Why is anime hated ? You have such a variety of genres ranging from romance to huge ass mecha fights. Much better than watching sweaty Italians living together and causing "reality drama"

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »

If this is NOT in fact a joke, you need to GTFO cause I'm pretty sure the majority of the people here like anime, and I would say everyone else at least tolerates its existence

SO TAKE YO HATE ELSEWHERE

I realize some people here are obnoxiously vocal fans of it, I used to be a big fan now I watch some every once in a while not that big a fan anymore

There are plenty of threads people don't like on the forums, we just don't read them :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:02:59 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
I fucking hated rolo. He just comes out of no where. Seriously, it just made me rage my pantsu (only because we be in anime thread) off.

I really enjoyed the entire dynamic between suzaku and lelouch.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
As Chris said, there's really no need to post that, Muffins.

It's a big forum. If you don't like it, you don't need to click on it.

Offline UnknownError

Bleach
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
First Knock at the Big Three. (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece). Bleach's anime has been canceled but the manga still continues.

Anime Name: Bleach

Basic Plot:

Ichigo Kurosaki, an ordinary high school boy, is able to see ghosts. He is soon thrown into the world of the Shinigami, death gods who keep the balance between the living and the dead, by killing evil ghosts, or Hollows. Rukia Kuchiki, gives Ichigo shinigami powers in order to protect his family temporary. However, she get's stuck in the human world, for a little bit, and her and Ichigo develop a close but not romantic relationship. Later on she is forced to return to the Soul Society, where she meets execution, and Ichigo must rise to the challenge of saving his friend. After this arc, this should have been the end of Bleach, in my opinion.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Tite Kubo pulls out the rest of the story from his trolling asshole now. From Aizen becoming this surreal demi-god that can foresee 1,000 years into the future, and Ichigo reduced to shit. With a really forced romance between Inoue and Ichigo, the story lost all respect from any true anime watcher. Not even mentioning the filler arcs that could make Chuck Norris cry.

Character Development:

Ichigo: Honestly one of the tragic anime heroes ever. Tite Kubo should be ashamed of how badly he fucked up Ichigo. Up until the end of Soul Society Arc, he was the feel good hero. He would barely come out of his intense battles alive, but he was such a badass we had no choice to join along. Especially with his fight with Byakuya which would last for about 5 episodes, they were able to make sword fighting entertaining and cool. However once that Arc ends, he turns into the biggest baby, that ever existed. A quick example was his fight with Grimmjow. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YECT40Y4SdA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YECT40Y4SdA</a>
Apparently its ok to have the main hero get the snot beat out of him constantly, especially after we had established he is supposedly on "captain-level"

Honestly no other characters changed, they were all bland and it felt like Kubo was just trying to fill out the entire universe with poorly made characters. Just a quick example of how stretched out the cast was.

Fan Service: According to Tite Kubo the bigger the breasts, the better. The fanservice was soo bloody annoying, with Matsumoto complaining almost in every section that her boobs are too large and are an inconvenience. Kon, a talking stuff animal always waiting to see "the holy mountains." The amount of boobs ruined the show, from the cool action type hero story it was originally.

Sub or Dub: Although I praised his work in Code Geass, Johnny fucked up Ichigo's voice and made my ears hurt everytime he talked. Along with later characters introduced with even worse voice actors, the dub was horrid. Go watch the Sub if you have to.

Verdict: This show had so much promise behind it, and in a way it still introduced a lot of this generation to the anime/manga. I stuck up with it and still watched Bleach, the action fighting scenes were still epic and fun to watch but it's unforgivable to how much of a nose dive the later seasons did. Introducing convulated plot twists that made no sense and ruined the basis of the show. With annoying filler characters, cool characters that do absolutely jackshit, it makes sense why Bleach is still popular amongst conventions. But yeah fuck you Tite Kubo.

Score: 4/10

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:08 AM »
I agree with the story thing on bleach. I got so bored after Rukia was rescued I just stopped watching.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »
Anime Name: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Basic Plot: 2 brothers Edward and Alphonse attempt to bring their mother back from the dead by way of alchemy. It goes horribly wrong and costs Ed his right arm and Al his entire body. Ed gets Al's soul back by sacrificing his right arm and binds his soul to a suit of armor. Hilarity Ensues.

Character Development: Amazing. It balances humor with lots a of sadness as well dives into a lot of mature subjects.

Fan Service:

Sub or Dub: Sub or Dub. Sub. I cant stand Al's voice in the dub but Ed's voice is superb. Id just go for dub.

Verdict: Really worth watching. Not just for weeaboos

Score: 9/10

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal