Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kacey - Banned for not propkilling.  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Kacey

Kacey - Banned for not propkilling.
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »
Who were you banned by: Nexus

Why were you banned: 'mass propkill'

What server where you banned from: ttt

What date and/or time around were you banned:around 9:30 or so, I dunno, I was buying Holydeath Bastion and I came back to gmod to see the white screen.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:24770504

Your in game name:
Kacey

Link to your steam page:
steamcommunity.com/id/ttpkacey

Additional comments:

I didn't mass propkill. I had propkilled MJB earlier today, and there was a massive propfight on de_dust where I did kill a few people but so did everyone else, but other than that I remember no instances of propkilling outside of agreed propfights or when I was a T. I hadn't really been playing when I was banned, I was alt-tabbed buying Bastion for holydeath when I returned to find myself banned. also, there was a guy who claimed I propkilled him when I didn't and damagelogs showed I didn't and he revenge rdmed me and was not banned despite it being pointed out repeatedly and he was still chat spamming that I propkilled him, which I didn't.

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Kacey - Banned for not propkilling.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »
If you don't have screenshots, or logs of any sorts, than it doesn't look good.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
Unfortunately, damage logs don't show prop damage, so this will be tough to sort out.

Offline Kacey

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:21:51 AM »
I've been a lot better about propkilling since the Caboose incident last month. While there were a few propfights and one instance of accidental propkill aside from MJB (on the silo map.... not sure the name of it, the weird one with the control tower and the bridge and the yellow biohazard barrels) it was hardly 'mass propkill'.

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
Unfortunately, damage logs don't show prop damage, so this will be tough to sort out.

Are you sure? I was prop killed today and in the logs it said the person damaged me for 125 damage and then killed me. You can lose karma for it too. I could be mistaken though.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 12:23:28 AM »

Are you sure? I was prop killed today and in the logs it said the person damaged me for 125 damage and then killed me. You can lose karma for it too. I could be mistaken though.
I could be wrong, but I don't think they do. Unless it was added or something. If it is in there then the logs will probably let us sort this out.

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 12:23:56 AM »
Nexus has a video of you stating that you killed 4 people with props, and Ashes condoning it by designating a spot to prop kill.

So this is making me very disappointed, both for the fact that Ashes looks like he is allowing for a place to rdm and Kacey following this up despite what the rules say.

Admins cannot make up rules on the fly. I could see something like this if you had say a server with a bunch of admins and nobody else on, but not on a reletively full server.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kacey

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 12:25:38 AM »
Nexus has a video of you stating that you killed 4 people with props, and Ashes condoning it by designating a spot to prop kill.

So this is making me very disappointed, both for the fact that Ashes looks like he is allowing for a place to rdm and Kacey following this up despite what the rules say.

Admins cannot make up rules on the fly. I could see something like this if you had say a server with a bunch of admins and nobody else on, but not on a reletively full server.

You see all the blood and the barrels and shit? and how there's three people there?

That's because literally EVERYBODY on the server had been propfighting there. the entire match. There was one guy that had 620 karma because of it.

(and yes, that's possible, about 1/4th of the time propkills register as being from someone. but it's rare.)

Ashes just said he killed three. Why am I being banned if he's not?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:27:39 AM by Kacey »

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »
Sometimes logs show prop kills, sometimes they dont. I think it depends if the prop is held or thrown.

Anyways i find this very easy to believe since kacey propkills... often.  I do have to say though that he has changed lately and become more reasonable and responsible.

EDIT: Just saw that video, um No. i take back what i said, he deserves this ban 100 %
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:28:52 AM by theyankees213 »

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
If people agree to a propfight it's not RDM, but when you have a buttfuck of people doing it in one area, how do you know if they consent to you killing them?

Also, Ashes didn't say to propkill there, he just participated.

And that is a good question. Were you banned on this map for this incident or was it for other propkilling?

Offline Kacey

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »
If people agree to a propfight it's not RDM, but when you have a buttfuck of people doing it in one area, how do you know if they consent to you killing them?

Also, Ashes didn't say to propkill there, he just participated.

And that is a good question. Were you banned on this map for this incident or was it for other propkilling?

That was four hours ago. I was banned tonight. On office. Where I had no offenses.

And ashes did actually designate that as the propkill area that match and said that he wouldn't do anything there unless someone's karma went below necessary or if someone requested a slay for it.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 12:33:30 AM »
So which incident exactly was he banned for?

Offline Kacey

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 12:34:39 AM »
So which incident exactly was he banned for?

Seeing as the video was the propfight, I'm going to guess the propfight seeing as I didn't propkill anyone else tonight unless you're counting the revenge rdming jackass who claimed I killed him.

Offline Ashes Relandi

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
Ok i'll say this right now. I'm mostly at fault here for designating a spot for prop kill. Since it was between me and Kitty until more jumped in.

Also if kacey were to be banned for mass prop kill. Then you would have to ban all the people who also joined in on the prop kill.

If this were to suspend my admin I'll gladly take the suspension.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal