Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HerpDerpMike's 2nd Ban Appeal (Why was I banned?)  (Read 9818 times)

Offline Blackllama

Re: HerpDerpMike's 2nd Ban Appeal (Why was I banned?)
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
It is common sense. If you intentionally kill someone for no reason, it is RDM. That includes telefrags. If it was an accident, it isn't as clean cut. There isn't necessarily any way to prove if it was an accident or not, so it is more of a question of if he'll be given the benefit of the doubt.

I just wanna know when teleporting started to kill people. And if they were standing on the teleport spot, and this is common knowledge, then it seems to me that they were trying to bait it out.
Teleporting has always killed people as far as I can remember. It doesn't happen very often. It's possible they did it on purpose, but I don't see why it would be reported afterwards if they did. It's also possible there wasn't a TP mark there already, and the 2nd time it could've been covered by the dead body of the first guy. If someone knows their TP spot is right next to multiple people you would hope they wouldn't be randomly TPing, but it has become apparent a lot of people are unaware that it can kill people. I just don't see how you could do this twice in a row and not realize you just killed someone after teleporting onto their dead corpse.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »
Although I wouldn't put it past Mrrappingjake I don't think that they were trying to bait it out because there was only 10 seconds in between the two kills making me thing the Mrrappingjake was trying to identify the body. It's impossible to say from our perspective though, I would like the people that were present to say whether or not they felt it was intentional.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
Its like a unspoken rule of TTT, where if the other guy didn't agree to be telefragged then its rdm.

If we keep adding rules and regulations to the motd, then its going to start being the bible, and intimidate new players.

If it isn't written, and it isn't enforced, it as if the rule didn't exist then. You can't have unspoken rules, because situations like this happen.

It would fall under RDM as that is what is happening, especially if it was intentional.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
Its like a unspoken rule of TTT, where if the other guy didn't agree to be telefragged then its rdm.

If we keep adding rules and regulations to the motd, then its going to start being the bible, and intimidate new players.

If it isn't written, and it isn't enforced, it as if the rule didn't exist then. You can't have unspoken rules, because situations like this happen.

It would fall under RDM as that is what is happening, especially if it was intentional.

Honestly this looks like RDM
The ten second gap as I said is a major factor. Are there any logs that would show how many times he teleported?

In my mind it looks like he Tele killed the first guy and waited for the next person to check the body then tele killed him. He can say he didn't hear the person die, but I find it hard to believe that he

1) Didn't see the bodies of either people he killed
2) Had to leave IMMEDIATELY after he kills two people

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
This is what I don't understand.

If the intention was that you had to leave right away, and was going to screw around before you left, why:

1)Did you buy a teleporter to use
2)use it twice
3)leave right after only those uses

It would have just been much safer to kill yourself in game, or buy the teleporter and give it to an inno, etc. Why do something that could cause RDM (even though you said you never knew how to tele frag), then leave right after?

See where I'm coming from? It doesn't make sense considering the time frame between the telefrags. If you had killed both in one shot that would make sense, but teleporting, seeing somebody check a body out, teleport next to them, notice that there are now two dead bodies should raise some red flags.

Oh and Cortez, check the time in the round. I think it was almost 3 minutes into the round if I remember when we checked them. If so, seems odd to play for that amount of time knowing that you have to leave soon, instead of screwing around within the first couple seconds then leaving.

3 Days isn't log

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39:25 PM »
Global Moderator Comment Forum Rules:
Code: [Select]
25)  No Double, Triple (more then one post of the same user in a row) Posting.
I don't enjoy being ignored.
I warned you repeatedly to avoid double posting. Once in this thread, the second time in the Shoutbox, immediately after your shout concerning the status of this thread. If you cannot be bothered with forum rules, then I won't be bothered with leniency. You are now formally warned, with an upped warning status on the forums.
This is the THIRD time I edit your posts to merge them into one, there won't be a fourth.

If the intention was that you had to leave right away, and was going to screw around before you left, why:

2)use it twice

It would have just been much safer to kill yourself in game, or buy the teleporter and give it to an inno, etc. Why do something that could cause RDM (even though you said you never knew how to tele frag), then leave right after?

See where I'm coming from? It doesn't make sense considering the time frame between the telefrags. If you had killed both in one shot that would make sense, but teleporting, seeing somebody check a body out, teleport next to them, notice that there are now two dead bodies should raise some red flags.

Oh and Cortez, check the time in the round. I think it was almost 3 minutes into the round if I remember when we checked them. If so, seems odd to play for that amount of time knowing that you have to leave soon, instead of screwing around within the first couple seconds then leaving.
I had to go in the middle of the round, I didnt do anything since. I bought the tele. I'm a retard and I do stupid things, that's why I didn't just leave. I could understand why you think this was intentional, but I swear.. I would never mean to do it :/.

The ten second gap as I said is a major factor. Are there any logs that would show how many times he teleported?

In my mind it looks like he Tele killed the first guy and waited for the next person to check the body then tele killed him. He can say he didn't hear the person die, but I find it hard to believe that he

I was about to leave. I was looking in one direction. I had no thought of even killing anyone in the game. I just derped before I left..

If someone could please get logs on how many times I tele'd it would be great. That would be proof that I was just tele'ing over and over again.
I'd say that someone went to get look at the body then I killed him too.. Honest mistake D:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:16:19 PM by SkiesAhoy »

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »
Dude, you gotta stop the double posts. Just modify your existing one and write EDIT or something next to it.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:39 PM »
Amount of tele's doesn't show up in logs. Anyway, it sounds like he's gotten the point. I would be fine with an unban.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »
Forum Rules:
Code: [Select]
25)  No Double, Triple (more then one post of the same user in a row) Posting.
I don't enjoy being ignored.
I warned you repeatedly to avoid double posting. Once in this thread, the second time in the Shoutbox, immediately after your shout concerning the status of this thread. If you cannot be bothered with forum rules, then I won't be bothered with leniency. You are now formally warned, with an upped warning status on the forums.
This is the THIRD time I edit your posts to merge them into one, there won't be a fourth. [/gmod]

2)use it twice

I had to go in the middle of the round, I didnt do anything since. I bought the tele. I'm a retard and I do stupid things, that's why I didn't just leave. I could understand why you think this was intentional, but I swear.. I would never mean to do it :/.

I was about to leave. I was looking in one direction. I had no thought of even killing anyone in the game. I just derped before I left..

If someone could please get logs on how many times I tele'd it would be great. That would be proof that I was just tele'ing over and over again.
I'd say that someone went to get look at the body then I killed him too.. Honest mistake D:

Well these stupid things keep getting you banned so maybe you should stop "Derping" around before people decide they've had enough.

By the way, an honest mistake would be doing it once, you did it twice.
That's like saying
"I didn't know the gun was loaded when I shot my foot." but in reality you shot both your feet.

Everything about this stinks of RDM. The time frame in which it happened.

1) Mid round suddenly decides that before he leaves the most fun option is to teleport in the same spot over and over again.
-Either you're full of shit or easily amused by flashing lights.

2) Managed to miss the bodies of both the people you killed
Either they managed to magically vanish or once again your full of shit.

3) Left seconds after you finished killing the second guy.
-SEEMSTOTALLYLEGIT.JPG

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
Tictac, watch the personal attacks please. I think everybody has put down their thoughts and Mike has given his side as well.

If anybody else who was there would please post anything else valid about this ban appeal please do.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 11:42:40 PM »
Tictac, watch the personal attacks please. I think everybody has put down their thoughts and Mike has given his side as well.

If anybody else who was there would please post anything else valid about this ban appeal please do.

I apologize, the only thing that really pisses me off is his.
"I was just derping around" defense.

It's like me saying
"Well Mr.Judge I didn't mean to hit those people with my car, I was just messing around."

Either way, whatever his intent was, his "Derping" around resulted in the death of two random innocents and his IMMEDIATE departure from the server.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:46:15 PM by Tictactoe360 »

Offline Link236

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 11:45:33 PM »
From when I've played with him, HerpDerp seemsed like a good guy. He just has to stop doing "derpy" things, and he should be fine. In my opinion, using you're own stupid actions as an excuse should not happen.
Welcome to the Hotel ConjointGaming...
you can check out anytime you like- but you can never leaveeeee
*guitar solo time*
I'll show you the world, Link. Just take my hand and come with meeee~
Quote from: Gustav
(TEAM) Guztav: I totally want to slap his ass right now
Quote from: All of Haiti
*DEAD* (TEAM) All of Haiti: NEXT MAP. IN AN ALLEY. BRING THE DILDOS.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Okay, I feel that it's time to come to a resolution. Considering that you've been playing on our server for a couple of months now you should really know better than "derp around" right before you have to leave. Due to the fact that you somehow didn't realise that you killed two people by teleporting on them and then left without a word the ban stays. Next time pay more attention to what you are doing, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thread locked.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal