Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unbanning Crypto  (Read 34774 times)

Online Pillz

Re: Unbanning Crypto
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013, 01:52:02 AM »
Well I know Inject doesn't want it and Death is iffy; Alpha wouldn't mind but as a collective I think we should keep him banned from the forums.

Anyone have a problem with him being unbanned from ZPS or any other game servers though?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Red

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2013, 06:25:20 AM »
Banned from forums for the time being sounds good. But if he does well after a few weeks/months on the servers then I think he could/should be allowed to re-join the forums (if he wants to)..
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2013, 06:25:20 AM »

Ðeath.

« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:21 AM »
Good w/ me.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 02:03:19 AM »
Honestly I don't think that he should ever be unbanned from the forums, however I do believe that there is nothing wrong with him being unbanned on the servers.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Online Pillz

« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »
Honestly I don't think that he should ever be unbanned from the forums, however I do believe that there is nothing wrong with him being unbanned on the servers.

Well I think if he can prove himself capable of acting right on all servers, playing well with practically EVERYONE from the forums; perhaps people wouldn't be as opposed to him posting here.

So I think we should unban him from the servers, and if 6+ months down the road he still wants to post on the forums perhaps we can try again; given the community wants it.

Online Pillz

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Update~ Everyone please read and reply; I understand everyone's tired of this thread, and so am I.

Crypto was never banned from community servers, and was completely unaware he was supposed to be. He has always been able to play on our servers and has always played in lines with the rules, and is seriously confused at his verdict. I don't know if he was never added into sourcebans or the such, but he was able to play on the ZPS server before I could unban him and apparently he has played TF2 and other CG servers across the last year.

He's a little upset because due to school, he won't be able to play on the servers for the next five or so months, and will only be able to play some games on campus every once in a while. Therefor the idea of letting him play on our servers for five months and seeing what the community thinks, won't work.

The reason he originally applied for this unban is because he thought there was some CL turnover and people who were banned were being given second chances but then he realized that wasn't the case and apologized for causing a shitstorm. He still feels the reasons for his bans have always been ridiculous, as if anything he's ever done has really caused anyone serious disdain or problems that we won't have without him. I've always agreed his bans were a smidge unfair and while he might of had some rough spots with Inject and others, haven't we all?

He hasn't done anything as bad as the other p-ban offenders, and I think that should warrant him another chance. I personally believe his "homophobic" post, albeit a joke, was a still few steps below aggressively calling someone a ****got, which a lot of people have been banned from our servers for saying; and even when people say that we try to give them a few chances to understand what they said/did can warrant removal from the servers/forum. All the worse, some people in our community have called others a ****got and said much more questionable things and are still admins today. Therefor I'm of the belief that his previous ban should be lifted as if it didn't ever happen. Since it were only a forum ban, perhaps that makes things different for some people.

TL:DR
Does him never being community wide-banned like we thought change anything? Our verdict doesn't make sense since he was never server-banned, and I feel like we need to make another decision before wrapping this up finally. I'd like to give him another chance on the forum still, and NOT have everyone sit around waiting to ban him for the smallest mistake he makes. I'd like to officially wrap this up.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:03 PM »
'Unban' on servers +1,  Crypto's always good to have on ZPS.

Unban on forums -1,  There's no real way to do this without looking like we're hypocrites, and he will inevitably say one thing someone will take the wrong way and not understand the sarcasm and he will get pbanned from the forums AGAIN making us all look EVEN WORSE.

What we NEED is a system of rough standards/guidelines (meaning it doesn't have to be like NO MATTER WHAT THIS IS THE PUNISHMENT) for punishments for forum rule breaking because the way it stands right now everything is vague as shit, and some people have gotten away with bending the rules/breaking minor rules repeatedly with no recourse taken because there doesn't seem to be any tracking of who committed what offense, so we need a system of accountability like I mentioned, like from here

The blood's in the water now.  Everyone in CG has been a dick to someone else in CG at any given time, so where do we draw the line is the real question.

So it really comes down to:
Who is in charge of determining people's intent, and determining what ACTUALLY is breaking the rules and what isn't?  Because it seems like some things people get away with are pretty bad, whereas things other people get punished for don't that bad at all (I'm speaking about this generally because it has been brought up, I understand why Crypto can't be unbanned) so really, who makes these decisions/judgements, and how are they held accountable?  There is a LOT of bias evident in this thread here, I think Alpha's post above is the only one without significant bias. 

TL;DR: some punishments over the course of CG seem pretty biased to me, and there is lots of bandwagon-hopping and misinformation.  What steps are we taking/CAN be taken to ensure FAIR judgement?  Because this thread seems like a massive mess of bias to me.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Online Pillz

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »
'Unban' on servers +1,  Crypto's always good to have on ZPS.

Unban on forums -1,  There's no real way to do this without looking like we're hypocrites, and he will inevitably say one thing someone will take the wrong way and not understand the sarcasm and he will get pbanned from the forums AGAIN making us all look EVEN WORSE.

What we NEED is a system of rough standards/guidelines (meaning it doesn't have to be like NO MATTER WHAT THIS IS THE PUNISHMENT) for punishments for forum rule breaking because the way it stands right now everything is vague as shit, and some people have gotten away with bending the rules/breaking minor rules repeatedly with no recourse taken because there doesn't seem to be any tracking of who committed what offense, so we need a system of accountability like I mentioned, like from here

The blood's in the water now.  Everyone in CG has been a dick to someone else in CG at any given time, so where do we draw the line is the real question.

So it really comes down to:
Who is in charge of determining people's intent, and determining what ACTUALLY is breaking the rules and what isn't?  Because it seems like some things people get away with are pretty bad, whereas things other people get punished for don't that bad at all (I'm speaking about this generally because it has been brought up, I understand why Crypto can't be unbanned) so really, who makes these decisions/judgements, and how are they held accountable?  There is a LOT of bias evident in this thread here, I think Alpha's post above is the only one without significant bias. 

TL;DR: some punishments over the course of CG seem pretty biased to me, and there is lots of bandwagon-hopping and misinformation.  What steps are we taking/CAN be taken to ensure FAIR judgement?  Because this thread seems like a massive mess of bias to me.

Wat. He was NEVER banned from the servers, hence my bump. I don't understand why people care about hypocrisy or think that ANY ban will be like another. Not every ban is laid down equally, therefor every unban won't be the same. They're all situational and should be handled as such. Some people get away with bending the rules because they're respected members of the community, others get banned immediately because not enough people care to see them unbanned. In this situation we have a handful of people who would like to see him unbanned, as opposed to LilG where EVERYONE wanted him gone.

LilG makes sense, he has sent people disgusting and disturbing images, he's threatened to DDOS and has trolled more than Crypto could even dream, and it was actual twat-filled trolling. One ban makes sense, the other.. not so much.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:59:05 PM by Pillz »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »
Jesus christ you know what the majority thinks, now there's no need to stop going on about it and just keep things as is. Unbanned from server, banned on forums.

There's no point going on about it. This should be dealt with already.

And again, note Chris's quotes on unban. Obviously as stated he's not banned on servers, and he's not saying he WAS.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
Re hypocrisy: Because I'm fucking sick of everyone saying "LOLOLOL THIS WOULD BE LIKE UNBANNING REBELMASTER OR LILG THIS IS STUPID GG" and because he was banned a shitload of times and as I said, it would only be a matter of time before someone gets butthurt and bans him again

Like a certain former CL :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Online Pillz

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
Re hypocrisy: Because I'm fucking sick of everyone saying "LOLOLOL THIS WOULD BE LIKE UNBANNING REBELMASTER OR LILG THIS IS STUPID GG" and because he was banned a shitload of times and as I said, it would only be a matter of time before someone gets butthurt and bans him again

Like a certain former CL :P

Understandable but Crypto's offenses are no where near that of LilG and Rebelmaster. Like I said nobody wanted LilG back where quite a few people would like to see Crypto unbanned. My point now is that he was banned for a borderline bullshit reason, his community wide ban was bullshit, and he would like to return to CG. A lot of you don't know him and are making judgements based on out-of-context posts from years ago, before we really even enforced the rules as we do today.

For example, his "homophobia" post would of been edited by Gustav or Oobla the second they saw it; and he would of been given a warning had it happened today. Instead the thread was locked and he was banned, for following suit with the thread idea and posting things that aren't what you'd normally say.

Perhaps we can create a temp-unban system, sort of like trial admin where we give all appeal applicants a month or two on the forums that the ENTIRE community can use to judge them before deciding to keep them banned. If everyone really wants to though, we can keep him banned on the forums; I just wanted to clarify the verdict since it was basically retarded given he was never even banned from the servers despite everyone thinking so.

I'm sure everyone's just tired of hearing my opinion at this point though, so I'll lock this in the next few days. Crypto just felt like our verdict didn't make any sense so I wanted to fix it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:39:46 PM by Pillz »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »
If you want Pillz, I can make a new thread (or maybe the CLs want to whip something up?) covering the whole issue of accountability and who has been punished for what, and making sure we have fair judgement and not someone being butthurt, so we can have a proper discussion of this issue

Online Pillz

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
If you want Pillz, I can make a new thread (or maybe the CLs want to whip something up?) covering the whole issue of accountability and who has been punished for what, and making sure we have fair judgement and not someone being butthurt, so we can have a proper discussion of this issue

Sheesh, I dunno. I'd like that but I feel like this would just complicate things further in CG, and now might not be the best time. We have a better system of accountability and keeping track of who's been pbanned now; but my issue is that we didn't back then. Food for thought though. Crypto gets banned from butthurt, and then is unbanned from my butthurt about being banned from butthurt, and the people who wanted him to stay banned are butthurt the entire time he's here regardless if he suddenly becomes the most friendly and fun-to-play-with person in CG. Or he stays banned and people like me will continue being butthurt he was ever banned to begin with. It's a vicious cycle. We should just ban butthurt in CG.

Either way, majority or minority; not everyone will be happy and that just makes the whole thing bleh.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »
Kinda makes you wish we could all be robots like Bananas always claims to be eh?  ;)

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
Kinda makes you wish we could all be robots like Bananas always claims to be eh?  ;)

SHE ALWAYS WAS ONE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIrbr7f3HQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIrbr7f3HQ</a>
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal