Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kwaurtz for xXSSJXXADMIN420360NOSCOPEXx  (Read 8397 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Kwaurtz for xXSSJXXADMIN420360NOSCOPEXx
« on: November 30, 2013, 04:28:35 AM »

In game name: Kwaurtz

Were you recommended by an admin? If so state the name: God, the best admin of all.

What country are you from (and time zone): AMERIFUCKINGA EASTERN TIME

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kwaurtz1228/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:35417646

Do you have past admin experience: BEFORE ALL OF THESE NEW RANKS, I WAS EVERY RANK WE OFFERED, AND SOME WE CREATED FOR ME.

What makes you want to apply for an admin: BECAUSE WE NEED MORE CONVOLUTED ADMIN RANKS THAT ARE UNNECCESARY

What admin-like qualities do you possess:
 FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY
Do you use a Microphone:
 IM DA KING OF TEAMSPEAK
Please list at least 3 CG rules in your own words and why they're important to CG:
DONT RDM - YOU FUCKING PEOPLES TIME UP
DONT BE RACIST - WHAT ARE YOU, A WHITE PERSON?
DONT BE SEXIST - ITS NOT WOMENS FAULT THEY MAKE BABIES
Additional Notes:

Offline Pillz

Re: Kwaurtz for xXSSJXXADMIN420360NOSCOPEXx
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:33:19 AM »
QQ More
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:33:19 AM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:57:41 AM »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Red

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:06:12 AM »
Do you have past admin experience: BEFORE ALL OF THESE NEW RANKS, I WAS EVERY RANK WE OFFERED, AND SOME WE CREATED FOR ME.

What makes you want to apply for an admin: BECAUSE WE NEED MORE CONVOLUTED ADMIN RANKS THAT ARE UNNECCESARY
Ignore the rest of the post and just read this part Leety. I think this is his main focus? Dunno I'm bad at following all caps rage posts.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 05:15:10 AM »
I'm just publicly expressing my opinion and the opinion a couple of others I know share is all.

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »
I'm just publicly expressing my opinion and the opinion a couple of others I know share is all.
Heh.. Nothing wrong with  expressing your opinion dude.... But maybe you should do it in a way that won't promote bad feelings.... You know, in a mature way that doesn't involve lengthy lines of CAPS lock on rage? As well including an actual argument that backs up your opinion..? You know.. In a calm manner that doesn't make me want to sigh everytime I read this post (or the title)?
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:19 AM »
Heh.. Nothing wrong with  expressing your opinion dude.... But maybe you should do it in a way that won't promote bad feelings.... You know, in a mature way that doesn't involve lengthy lines of CAPS lock on rage? As well including an actual argument that backs up your opinion..? You know.. In a calm manner that doesn't make me want to sigh everytime I read this post (or the title)?
^^^
Although I feel admitting this will encourage you, that meme at the end clarified it for me.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:15 AM »

Caps lock =/= rage. This is for the most part poking at Pillz, whom I've been having talks with for most of the time about the entire deal. Also, throwing the word mature around like that is condescending, if you want to be a CL, my word of advice is to pick up on some more tact. If you want my actual argument, here :

While increasing the breadth of the jobs performed by the admins, creating ranks like a global admin is a slap in the face of the rest of the administration, specifically the head admins. Not only are these the people who should be the most qualified for the step up to CL, they have the experience to do so. To create a rank that is on 'par' with them, is insulting, because that means that you have MORE access then they do, and ultimately, its not healthy for the community. The head admin assistant is a good idea, because its streamlining the ranks that already existed, IE, vet to assistant to head admin, that is a logical progression that creates a clear path. Creating this 'equal' level rank will do nothing but make the current head admins who have aspirations of becoming cl's eventually feel less needed, and overall, it will revert back to the original iteration of head admins we had discussed when creating the rank.

Part of the initial talks we had when creating the head admin rank when cadaver was initially made CL was the fact that it would alleviate the load of the CL's, who at the time, were impromptu head admins as well, this allowed the servers to identify with a single person who had absolute administration responsibility for that server. The rank that has been created now, breaks that rule, because there are now individuals who are supposed to be of 'equal rank' as Pillz told me, that are not so equal.

The Comms officer rank is useless, but because there is no actual power behind it, it is fine, it is merely a position of PR for the CL's, because for some reason that is necessary rather than just having them actual post their thoughts themselves. However, like I've said, creating the rank of Global Admin merely brings back the ranks that we had previously gotten rid of/compressed. Creating this rank is merely devolving CG back into a state when there were too many ranks to keep track of, and that had overlapping power.

Even Head admins I tend to disagree with I've been told have similar feelings, and its nothing against you Red, I just cannot support the rank that was created that you are in is all. I feel like it is a step in the wrong direction for CG. I still made a forum badge for it, because Pillz had asked me to. However, hes heard this speech from me, and as I'm informed, other people have given their version of it, and are contemplating resignation because of the recent changes.

CG doesn't need more ranks like this, it needs to learn patience. CG needs to learn the fact that not everything will happen immediately, and while trying to decentralize power is a good thing, creating multiple overlapping ranks that are for good intentions, does not make everyone feel really well. While I'm not directly effected, the community is, and in a way that is upsetting some people who've been here for awhile, and regardless of how I feel about those individuals, they are a part of this community, and bring their own sense of energy and opinion to the table.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
There was a nice week or two where we discussed possible new ranks, and nobody really offered this kind of opinion at that time; so it was just one of the new things we're trying and I'm sorry you and these others don't like it. We'll continue to try new things and if they don't work and people don't like them, we can change things back. Nothing is forever but people wanted new CL's, people wanted things to get done, and people wanted change.

We're trying our best to do what we can, and if it's too much or not enough; we're glad to hear everyone's opinion on it and alternative solutions. I agree that HA/a is the most obviously necessary while CO and GA feel too extra, but Red has been infinitely helpful and available these past few days. We introduce HA/a to train future HA's so the current HA's can actually progress to CL and perhaps we can change Red's title to something different that makes more sense, like Admin Tech or Comms Officer; and he can still manage Sourcebans and offer help to HA's and their respective servers but not as the "overpowered" admin he is now.

I mean, what a Global Admin, or a Comms Officer even does has not yet been completely set in stone. We're kind of developing it as we go, so things are completely open to change and everyone's opinion.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:23:39 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
We're trying our best to do what we can, and if it's too much or not enough; we're glad to hear everyone's opinion on it and alternative solutions. I agree that HA/a is the most obviously necessary while CO and GA feel too extra, but Red has been infinitely helpful and available these past few days. We introduce HA/a to train future HA's so the current HA's can actually progress to CL and perhaps we can change Red's title to something different that makes more sense, like Admin Tech or Comms Officer; and he can still manage Sourcebans and offer help to HA's and their respective servers but not as the "overpowered" admin he is now.

So just make him the 5th CL, and allocate his specific job to do this. Here's how I felt about the last 4 CL's, sometime mid last year.

Inject was the coder. He kept us in order, and functioning as a community.
Jorgen and old crow. They were the ambassadors for the community. They split the task of hearing the communities voice, and spent the most time in game with the players.
Cadaver was the wise, elder councilman, and he spent his time dealing with resolving issues we had.

As far as I'm concerned, this setup worked well. It was a division of labor, and thusly, power. It's our own pseudo form of checks and balances, and it was order from chaos. Instead of creating chaos, why don't we work on order instead?

Promote red to the 5th CL slot, considering he applied for it, and allocate his work load to server side stuff. Give him what old crow had, hell, allocate him to managing server stuff, if you need him to be that niche, but we don't need a GA spot. This clears up the confusion of what a GA does, and I'll be honest, I don't like what we had for it. Global mods might even be a stretch, but whatever.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »

So just make him the 5th CL, and allocate his specific job to do this. Here's how I felt about the last 4 CL's, sometime mid last year.

Inject was the coder. He kept us in order, and functioning as a community.
Jorgen and old crow. They were the ambassadors for the community. They split the task of hearing the communities voice, and spent the most time in game with the players.
Cadaver was the wise, elder councilman, and he spent his time dealing with resolving issues we had.

As far as I'm concerned, this setup worked well. It was a division of labor, and thusly, power. It's our own pseudo form of checks and balances, and it was order from chaos. Instead of creating chaos, why don't we work on order instead?

Promote red to the 5th CL slot, considering he applied for it, and allocate his work load to server side stuff. Give him what old crow had, hell, allocate him to managing server stuff, if you need him to be that niche, but we don't need a GA spot. This clears up the confusion of what a GA does, and I'll be honest, I don't like what we had for it. Global mods might even be a stretch, but whatever.

Because it has the potential of causing a shit storm the same way Wholegrain did when he made me a CL.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »
-snip-
Because it has the potential of causing a shit storm the same way Wholegrain did when he made me a CL.

That's actually a good point. What do you propose our solution be, if we had to have one now, rather then wait?

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 08:50:30 AM »
-snip-

That's actually a good point. What do you propose our solution be, if we had to have one now, rather then wait?

At this point in time we need the communities opinion on this sitaution since it has evolved into what it currently is. Have the CL's make a thread so that everyone's voice can be heard, and from there we move on. There are three realistic things that can happen that come to mind. The biggest problem is that in CG everyone is afraid to be public with their opinion unless its the consensus already, thats why a lot of it comes down to being steam chats. CG has put this negative image that disagreeing is fighting and that it isn't allowed on the forums. Individuals are going to form their own opinion, and I've never been one to hold my tongue, all I ask is that hopefully others will let go of theirs too regardless of rank.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
-snip-

At this point in time we need the communities opinion on this sitaution since it has evolved into what it currently is. Have the CL's make a thread so that everyone's voice can be heard, and from there we move on. There are three realistic things that can happen that come to mind. The biggest problem is that in CG everyone is afraid to be public with their opinion unless its the consensus already, thats why a lot of it comes down to being steam chats. CG has put this negative image that disagreeing is fighting and that it isn't allowed on the forums. Individuals are going to form their own opinion, and I've never been one to hold my tongue, all I ask is that hopefully others will let go of theirs too regardless of rank.

Well said, you should say this from the beginning instead of posting shit which just makes people discredit you.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »
And there is the problem Kwuartz, somebody doesn't take criticism, and no matter how wrong he is, he will never admit to it, so we can't speak our minds to a certain extent.

I also don't expect changes within a day, but again we are on borrowed time (although its getting better)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal