Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Name Needed... PLEASE READ  (Read 15018 times)

Offline artixloktar

Re: New Name Needed... PLEASE READ
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
Also probably should put it somewhere easier to find like general discussion.  This isn't really a debate.  It's not as noticeable here anyway, although pretty much anyone who needs to know where it is has probably already found it.
I have been watching this topic to make sure it stays on top Black. Example: Arth don't be rude. (He still should not try to be so rude)

Ðeath.

« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »
Krikkit Gaming.

They flew out of the cloud.
They saw the staggering jewels of the night in their infinite dust and their minds sang with fear.
For a while they flew on, motionless against the starry sweep of the Galaxy, itself motionless against the infinite sweep of the Universe. And then they turned round.
"It'll have to go,'' the men of Krikkit said as they headed back for home.
On the way back they sang a number of tuneful and reflective songs on the subjects of peace, justice, morality, culture, sport, family life and the obliteration of all other life forms.
-Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

I am absolutely serious.

I would like Krikkit Gaming as well.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »

Offline caboose74

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
last hope !

Offline MeOwMoO

« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
Brittney is awesome gaming. I mean seroiously, who doesnt love that name.

But i was reading some of these and they are pretty good. Like retaliated or however the fuck you spell it, or phoenix. As long as we all agree its fine..

But we all agree on Brittney is awesome gaming... right?  Meme6

(=CG=) Mrs.TheNurse(MeOwMoO): i would fuck you
(=CG=) Mrs.TheNurse(MeOwMoO): so hard
[FL:RP] X Armless Gamer X: O_O

Offline Pillz

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
Pillz's Army.

It's happening whether you like it or not.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sly

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
Was Bored so I threw this together

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
Was Bored so I threw this together

Offline Claire

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »
BTG? Big Tittay Gaming :p

I'm unpredictable like a river.
I come at you like a cheetah at its prey.
I'm the lightning that strikes.
I'm the change of your life.

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »
I don't think we should even allude to the past with our new name. Start new bros.
This, I feel like this is more important than anything.

If I remember correctly, Conjoint Gaming's name was created in reference to its formation, after several communities came together (hence 'conjoint'). Coming into CG after this occurrence, this allusion to CG's formation never meant a thing to me. I'd rather see the 'conjoint' refer to the gathering of all of CG's players coming together, rather than several communities most players will know nothing about, but that can't be helped.

It's almost got a sense of elitism about it, flaunting a particular occurrence in the community's history of which long-time players can say "I was there for that." I understand that the length of time one's spent in the community means a lot to some people, as a sense of loyalty, but it really shouldn't, and your respect for a player should never derive from this. It should be a matter character, maturity, and a variety of other characteristics. Not a number.

Besides, creating a name to highlight a rough-patch in the life of the community is just wrong. Sure, you can look back and say "This is what made us what we are today", but then comes offense to those who chose to part with the community, or those who were involved in the occurrence, otherwise.

Let's make CG about the present, and always the present, not just what is 'present' to us now. Let new players feel welcome and unintimidated, instead of feeling like they aren't part of this special group who happened to have been in the old community before ________ came to be.

TLDR: Quit trying to make CG about the past, its elitist and not in respect to those who will come to join later. Let's have no 'rebirth, reborn, divorce, resurrection, resurrection, etc.' Just nothing that alludes to our past, please.

Also, SOVEREIGN SQUIDS.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »
I don't think we should even allude to the past with our new name. Start new bros.
This, I feel like this is more important than anything.

If I remember correctly, Conjoint Gaming's name was created in reference to its formation, after several communities came together (hence 'conjoint'). Coming into CG after this occurrence, this allusion to CG's formation never meant a thing to me. I'd rather see the 'conjoint' refer to the gathering of all of CG's players coming together, rather than several communities most players will know nothing about, but that can't be helped.

It's almost got a sense of elitism about it, flaunting a particular occurrence in the community's history of which long-time players can say "I was there for that." I understand that the length of time one's spent in the community means a lot to some people, as a sense of loyalty, but it really shouldn't, and your respect for a player should never derive from this. It should be a matter character, maturity, and a variety of other characteristics. Not a number.

Besides, creating a name to highlight a rough-patch in the life of the community is just wrong. Sure, you can look back and say "This is what made us what we are today", but then comes offense to those who chose to part with the community, or those who were involved in the occurrence, otherwise.

Let's make CG about the present, and always the present, not just what is 'present' to us now. Let new players feel welcome and unintimidated, instead of feeling like they aren't part of this special group who happened to have been in the old community before ________ came to be.

TLDR: Quit trying to make CG about the past, its elitist and not in respect to those who will come to join later. Let's have no 'rebirth, reborn, divorce, resurrection, resurrection, etc.' Just nothing that alludes to our past, please.

Also, SOVEREIGN SQUIDS.

While I think you are taking it a tad too far to call the name elitist, I do agree that the new one should make reference not to a moment in time, but a fixed lasting concept. Hence Krikkit Gaming. It mentions no time frame.

It merely makes reference to homicidal psychotic white robots brutally murdering all known life-forms with cricket bats.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Soldiers Of Salvation
War Wound Battalion
Slab Army
Phim Bogason

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
We may not need a new name....
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »

Good if not :>
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline arth987

« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
I really hope we don't but also with the steam group can't we contact steam and get it taken down or given to our control?

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »
Only Other way is to have someone talk to wholegrain and have him give us the original name or make a new one with a new look. and new tag.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal