Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ATI 5770 Radeon Graphics card not working with Monitor.  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Sniper no Sniping

ATI 5770 Radeon Graphics card not working with Monitor.
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
So i replaced my Nvidia GTS 250 for an ATI 5770 but the monitor doesn't show anything when i plug it into the graphics card. I installed the driver and everything should be plugged in correctly, any reason why it isnt working right?

Offline Sly

Re: ATI 5770 Radeon Graphics card not working with Monitor.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »
I have the same card. Maybe try using what ever other input your aren't currently using (ex: if your using the VGA try the HDMI or DVI).

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
Could also be a faulty card.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
Do you hear more than one beep when you power on the computer?
Do you have BIOS sound enabled?

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »
I only hear one beep when i start the computer, but for what ever reason, the computer needs to turn itself off once or twice before it stays on.

Also i don't know about the BIOS.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
Maybe the new card is overloading your power supply, if it was just your card it shouldn't effect your tower just make the monitor not display.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »
Maybe the new card is overloading your power supply, if it was just your card it shouldn't effect your tower just make the monitor not display.
I don't think it's the card making it restart itself when its turning on, it might just be because the wires are a bit messed around or the fact that the computer is still open right now.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
I don't think it's the card making it restart itself when its turning on, it might just be because the wires are a bit messed around or the fact that the computer is still open right now.

Make sure you aren't fiddling with your computer when its plugged in that could be potentially dangerous

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »

Make sure you aren't fiddling with your computer when its plugged in that could be potentially dangerous
I'm not, and that doesn't help my problem. I'm quite annoyed that i couldn't go to my WoW Raid tonight or do any gaming because of this. There is always SOMETHING stopping me from beating that 6th raid boss.

Offline monkeymac32

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
Do you have any other monitors you can use that can test whether the card is compatible with the monitor? Maybe your motherboard's chipset doesnt like the card.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
Put backin my old Nvidia card and re-installed the drivers. Computer no longer takes more than one try to turn itself on.  I guess the card was faulty.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal