Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crisis in Ukraine - MH17  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Artemis

Crisis in Ukraine - MH17
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:58:01 AM »
Blowing up a plane full of civilians from different nationalities is bound to draw the International community into what was otherwise a pretty local conflict. What I find myself wondering is just how much Europe will take matters into its own hands...Will it continue with its current policy of mild political rebuke, with no real sanctions on the horizon? Is Europe truly that dependent on Russian gas exports?

Share your thoughts.

Offline Pyro

Re: Crisis in Ukraine - MH17
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:58 AM »
I thought they had an upcoming package of sanctions, including economic sanctions, capital controls, restrictions on weapons and technology supplies and restrictions on the energy sector if Russia doesn't stop their involvement in eastern Ukraine.

They're slowly upping the pressure. And Russia stationing ~12.000 soldiers around the Ukrainian border certainly doesn't help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:58 AM »

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
Finally someone brings this up.

I know the US will continue to push Europe to bring more sanctions to Russia to avoid war. Europe is one of Russia's biggest trading partners with oil and gas I believe so it'll be hurting both economies.. It also doesn't help Russia's case with supplying Ukranian Rebels with military grade Anti-Air Launcher Vehicles.

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Artemis

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
What I find so deeply aggravating is the seemingly obvious scenario at hand. Russia is absolutely dependent on European trade, Europe is not absolutely dependent on Russian trade. It frustrates me to no end that a joint Western resolution is not being made. Every second of stuttering and indecision only serves to further embolden Putin's already maniacal delusions of self grandeur. The whole thing should never have turned into the tried and tired game of "let's see how high the blood can rise without staining our shoes"...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal