Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CG TF2  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Blackllama

Re: CG TF2
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
We had one for a while and nobody played it besides guvnuh.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »
I was trying to ask Yhatzee earlyer to see if we can just get a Dustbowl server, Attack and Defend. Because they seem to have more popularity from what i can see. I like playing saxton hale but i feel like it is getting to dusty because if 1 map is bad then it will kill the server. Also I seen earlyer that if a player is saxton and the last player is afk then Saxton can keep the game going without killing. I been playing the Saxton server. We did have a trade server for sometime but it was taken down. i think it was because no one ever used it.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »
I was trying to ask Yhatzee earlyer to see if we can just get a Dustbowl server, Attack and Defend. Because they seem to have more popularity from what i can see. I like playing saxton hale but i feel like it is getting to dusty because if 1 map is bad then it will kill the server. Also I seen earlyer that if a player is saxton and the last player is afk then Saxton can keep the game going without killing. I been playing the Saxton server. We did have a trade server for sometime but it was taken down. i think it was because no one ever used it.

before you can start a proper Trade server you need a good populairity on the Plain servers(of Tf2)

and for the Normal server i would suggest Vannila maps + some GOOD custom ones.
why use an Signature when i have got anime?

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
CG TF2 servers have had a long history of brief success followed by monumental failure.

It would require a great deal of community involvement and care for a TF2 server to work. Who's willing?

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
here is 1 guy willing!(but i cant pay upkeep X.X , working and broke)

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 11:51:28 AM »
We had a trade&play server that had population of zero, not to mention it would break every 3.5 seconds. That server will most likely converted into vanilla TF2 map server. (it honestly sounds fun to me too) So Ill get working on that pet project.

CG TF2 servers have had a long history of brief success followed by monumental failure.

It would require a great deal of community involvement and care for a TF2 server to work. Who's willing?

This has proven true multiple times, I would need a small cult following (myself included in that cult following) to populate the shit out of the new server. Vanilla servers need extra population because they are everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:06:29 PM by Yahtzee »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Yeah the real problem is most people who would play on vanilla dont care that much WHERE they play.

I'd like to play a normal TF2 server but I only play occaisionally, I'm the opposite of a hardcore TF2 player, I have fun doing whatever even when I suck, so not a lot of motivation to play it a lot

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
I love playing TF2 but haven't really had a server to play on in ages.

I think Vanilla will work best, my only request is if there was the chance to get some push the cart maps in the rotation as well.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »
I believe we already do, but If not, Ill get on dat

Offline Christovski

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
WE MUST PUSH LEETLE CART!

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 03:50:48 PM »
maybe make a new gamemode *hard but will recieve new players*

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
We had a trade&play server that had population of zero, not to mention it would break every 3.5 seconds. That server will most likely converted into vanilla TF2 map server. (it honestly sounds fun to me too) So Ill get working on that pet project.

This has proven true multiple times, I would need a small cult following (myself included in that cult following) to populate the shit out of the new server. Vanilla servers need extra population because they are everywhere.

I'm down for this. I'll try to keep the server populated if we can get a vanilla map server up. Everyone needs a break from TTT once in a while.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Sk8ty(GlaDOS)

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
its just that not very many ppl play TF2 anymore.  quagmire

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:58 PM »
more people than you think

like i know a community that has got 10 servers with 36 slots, filled everyday each hour

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
more people than you think

like i know a community that has got 10 servers with 36 slots, filled everyday each hour

Filled with bots that look like players -_-

Besides that, I am down for a PAYLOAD SERVER!!!

Or ATTACK/DEFEND

DUSTBOWL was like the ONLY map I played in TFC other than the original 2fort that didn't blow.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal