Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should We Change the Post Count requirement?

No, Keep the Old Post Count Requirement
Yes, Bump it to 30 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 40 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 50 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 60+ Posts

Author Topic: Admin Post Count Requirement  (Read 14919 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Admin Post Count Requirement
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
EDIT: I also think there should never be hard post requirements for rank advancement, they should be based on maturity and  experience as an admin. Not how much you post.

I believe that's how getting admin in general should be but since nobody likes that idea I'm suggesting other ways to get people to post since it's such a big deal. Also if they can make the admin app section visible but not accessible that's fine too; just not sure if it was possible on my older forum but maybe it is here.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
EDIT: I also think there should never be hard post requirements for rank advancement, they should be based on maturity and  experience as an admin. Not how much you post.

I believe that's how getting admin in general should be but since nobody likes that idea I'm suggesting other ways to get people to post since it's such a big deal. Also if they can make the admin app section visible but not accessible that's fine too; just not sure if it was possible on my older forum but maybe it is here.
Ah. Well, it's partially an issue of players who don't play on the same server as the person applying not knowing who they are. The applicant needs to have spent at least some time on vent/forums besides the server to be familiar with the community. Obviously this is why we have the requirement, but I just don't think we need a requirement to make this happen. Although, the only thing we'd benefit from by removing is lack of spam, which is nice.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »

Ah. Well, it's partially an issue of players who don't play on the same server as the person applying not knowing who they are. The applicant needs to have spent at least some time on vent/forums besides the server to be familiar with the community. Obviously this is why we have the requirement, but I just don't think we need a requirement to make this happen. Although, the only thing we'd benefit from by removing is lack of spam, which is nice.

I somewhat agree; but at the same time actually becoming well known and accepted amongst the community can take 2-3 months sometimes before we really know who this person is. Asking them to post 20-30 posts can take a few days to a week if they're dedicated; therefore it feels like a waste of time to me. Being known on Vent is also a good idea, but not everyone has a Mic or, like me, they don't care to listen to a bunch of people talking over one another.

If the head admin thinks they'll be dedicated and involved with the community (like all admins they accept will be) then they should have a chance at trial admin. It should be then they become involved with the community and if they fuck up even once we can get rid of them.

I also think the re-apply cooldown period should be one month; unless permanently denied for admin.

Ðeath.

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Well, congratulations on saying the same thing, I obviously didn't read your post in detail. Anyway, restricting them from actually posting (while still being able to see the board) would have much better results.

They'll ask on the server how to apply for admin, someone will say to go to the forums, and they will go to the forums and not see the requirements or the board and just post in the gmod board.

I was restating in simpler terms for clarity, if only my own. But okay.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »
Sorry if I sounded like a dick, but I just thought it was funny that you both said the same thing and then both told me you said the same thing.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
Sorry if I sounded like a dick, but I just thought it was funny that you both said the same thing and then both told me you said the same thing.

Well I had to tell you since you didn't get what we meant. :D

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
-snip-
I also think the re-apply cooldown period should be one month; unless permanently denied for admin.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »
-snip-

Didn't it already say this somewhere in the old book of yonder?
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
-snip-

Didn't it already say this somewhere in the old book of yonder?
what?

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
To go on. tangent mentioned earlier. Iirc lack of activity on the forums is grounds for removal of admin.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
To go on. tangent mentioned earlier. Iirc lack of activity on the forums is grounds for removal of admin.
^^^^^

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »
My personal opinion might differ from the minority on this. Please shoot me.

No, but also whoever said don't let them see admin app section till they have 20 post?
What? They wouldn't know the requirements if they can't see it.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline oobla37

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
My personal opinion might differ from the minority on this. Please shoot me.

No, but also whoever said don't let them see admin app section till they have 20 post?
What? They wouldn't know the requirements if they can't see it.

it's a decent concept, but needs refining. Like restricting the ability to post in that section until they meet the posting requirements.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Pillz

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »
We could refine the forum a bit to better suit newcomers, maybe. Have the requirements for admin be somewhere visible or like Llama said we could have the section simply restricted, but still visible until they have 10-20 posts.

I feel our two admins board are a bit unorganized and could use some cleaning up and clarification. Not only is at the bottom of the forum section but Admin Applications where we explain the requirements is a child board that many newcomers may not see. When they find it for some reason they often miss the requirements thread completely; maybe have them post on that they've read the requirements in their intro thread or somewhere else then we allow them access to apply.

Perhaps we could post the rules and requirements threads into the introduction threads of newcomers; or have CG Info bot send PM's to new users about the such.

I kind of think the forums needs lot's of cleaning up and simplification. For example this doesn't need to be a child board anymore: http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0 and the solved applications need to be moved over; etc.

Simple little things that might make the forums look "scarier" than they really are to newcomers. Maybe someone could throw me moderator and let me help clean up since Skies is slackin~
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:06:31 PM by Pillz »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:55 PM »
I'm liking the restrictions on posting in certain boards. Lots of forums have these such as the sexy "No Heroes Gaming" forum and it works quite well. I do think that they need to be visible though.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:55 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal